Twin Towers

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

errol

Twin Towers

Post by errol » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:08 pm

Man I need to rob a bank!!! Hobby fan is offering a discount on pre orders for a G-system WSC recast. It will be available in october for purchase and only producing 20 units. I'm going to figure something out. I need this kit.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:29 pm

Good to see hobbyfan producing more recasts. It's seems to have been a while...

KOG

Post by KOG » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:33 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:Good to see hobbyfan producing more recasts. It's seems to have been a while...
They don't produce them. They import and distribute them.

The Jagd Mirage they stock is recast by G System. A company based in HK.

errol

Post by errol » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:25 pm

Does anyone have any experience with this G-system recast? is it worth it? I like to buy originals, but this is a super exspensive kit. Under $800 for the Twin Tower version. Could be my only chance if I can talk my girlfriend into early Christmas money. Would I be better off saving for a real WSC version?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:19 pm

I had this exact kit from WSC when they produced it for the very first time a long time ago.

The casting is very nice and clean. You also get photo etched, metal heels, springs and plastic scratchbuild parts for detailing.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:46 pm

Go to FSS Trade section of the forum, there is a korean guy selling it for $500 or best offer. He advertise all the time.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

bkito

Post by bkito » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:26 am

errol wrote:Does anyone have any experience with this G-system recast? is it worth it? I like to buy originals, but this is a super exspensive kit. Under $800 for the Twin Tower version. Could be my only chance if I can talk my girlfriend into early Christmas money. Would I be better off saving for a real WSC version?
Well I've been gone a while it seems. Nice to see people still active here.

Anyway, I don't have this G-System kit, but I do have a couple other kits they did. I've had no complaints what-so-ever about the quality. Real version might be better... it's the saving up part that is tough. Plus finding them when you have the money. I always seem to have the money when no one has the kit I'm looking for and be broke when the kit is available. LOL!

errol

Post by errol » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:30 pm

Hey Happy, I think the kit you are refering to is one listed on Ebay? If so, this one is rescue version. I would like to have the Twin Tower version. Good looking out though. I really like the picture on the Demon Towers web page. The one were the Buster's face forward and it looks like it is charging something. Man, what a powerful looking pose. I would love to have one. I can't believe all this MH kit action lately. Got to get my hustle on because of all this great news.

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:26 am

errol wrote:I really like the picture on the Demon Towers web page. The one were the Buster's face forward and it looks like it is charging something. Man, what a powerful looking pose. I would love to have one.
That's the Volks MM Twin Tower. ^_^

I'd love to have that kit for posing the busters also.. the WSC TT needs a bucket load of modifying to achive that pose successfully.

I think eventually if I get lucky, I'll stick to the WSC Twin Tower.. but try to get my hands on a Volks MM Jagd Both version.