NT 2005-09

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Rubel Colus

NT 2005-09

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:06 am

Regarding MH development. it also says that the Berlin SR2 has better performance than the SR1 coz of tuning, and also a complete new look becoz of the armor. (there's no mention of change of engine...) The SR2 is almost on par/comparable to a Siren.

Thanks to webmaster of www.jpsfmuseum.com for providing the pic.

Last edited by Rubel Colus on Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:57 am

Thanks for the info and picture!

It came at the perfect time, right when the announcement was made for the contruction of the Berlin SR-2 model kit :D .

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:29 pm

I wasn't able to view the image. Is it the standard image of the SR2 from Smoke Walls?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:22 pm

Ha ? It works for me.

Yup', it's the same artwork (and a small Berlin SR1, the old artwork we all know, green version).

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:55 pm

So the old berlin is called Sr1 now eh? Interesting.

I guess the Sr2 is growing on me slightly, which is good since the kit is coming from WSC soon.

Berlins seemed somewhat weak before... nice to know they are getting a real tune-up.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:14 pm

Yeah. The Berlin SR2 is growing on me also. I don't hate it as much as I used to. I still don't like the veil or the headress, but the shoulders I'm fine with now.

I believe the Berlin SR-1 had an output of 1.1 Trillion HP. This makes it inferior to a Siren or A-toll (1.25 Trillion HP) and just a hair better than the Maglows they were fighting during the war (1.0 Trillion HP)

So whats happening with the Berlin SR-1? Is it going to be the MH for the regular Colus forces, with the SR-2 going to Trio Temple Knights?
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:33 am

Not sure about the SR1s, cant read the text too, but according to jpsf webmaster, the SR2s' armors are not designed for defense but more for guerilla style of warfare in foreign lands. Also the SR2 are now fitted with much improved sensors for capturing data for analysis of other MHs and possibly oso the landscape etc.

However, one thing to note is that there seems to be a slight change in settings, becoz the Berlin SR2 is supposed to have improved (new?) engines, technology that was gained from Junchoon's engines. The SR2 has the capability of using the Peidoll Spire, unlike the time during 2989 where the old Berlins were merely holding the Spires as decorations. So this latest text from Nagano suggests that the Berlin SR2 is still using the old engines... :?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:47 pm

Well perhaps the Peidoll Spire has been improved to the point where it needs less energy to use, or it has been balanced out so that it drains the generator less. Lets not forget that Saylay got improvements on her fathers base designs from Dr. Neutral, including the Spire I'd imagine.

That with the addition of better tuning of the Berlin engine might be enough to allow the SR-2 to use the Spire even if the SR-1 Berlin cannot.
Shinei!