New project from WSC

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

New project from WSC

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:07 am

There's a new update from WSC site regarding a new MH project.

Here's the rought translation:

"This time becomes the exhibition only of bust rise. As soon as (the photograph to reach, it releases even with WEB) From now on, D - ドラクロア @ = Berlin SR - 2 J - it continues with ジェイド = セイレイジュノーン main part specification"

My guess is that Ikushima will show the bust of the Berlin SR-2 in WonderFest like he did with the Neptune? I'm glad to hear the Berlin SR-2 being mentioned as I like it quite a bit, while some of you out there don't like it as much :P .

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:07 am

Very interesting. A few of you would know I have been saying they should do a Berlin next, but I was not hoping for an SR2. I want a new old Berlin!!!!

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:07 pm

Personally, I'm thrilled: it's been far too long since we got a completely original sculpt from ANY of the factories. I wasn't too crazy about the SR-2 at first either, but it does tend to grow on you. Either way, I await it with open wallet :D

As for the possibility of a new "old" Berlin, I sincerely doubt it... Unless we get a manga "flashback" scene in which the old Berlin makes a decent appearance. Somehow, I think that this would make a great modelling subject for FAC though.
John F. Moscato

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:52 pm

Holy crap!

WSC doing an original subject... BEFORE Volks? I stand speechless.

Although I am not at all a big fan of Berlin Sr2, I'm still extremely happy to see a new MH getting released. And I think the design of Berlin Sr2 is fairly well suited to WSC style.

I look forward to its release. Like John, I wait with an open wallet.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:03 pm

I, too, think it is a MH that suits WSC/Ikushima style of sculpting. It's not slim and tall when compared to other MHs such as the Engages which Ikushima had problems with proportioning.

The illustration from Smoke Walls provides a good souce of reference as well, so there shouldn't be a lot of guessing involved.

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:05 pm

Sheizzel wrote:I, too, think it is a MH that suits WSC/Ikushima style of sculpting. It's not slim and tall when compared to other MHs such as the Engages which Ikushima had problems with proportioning.

The illustration from Smoke Walls provides a good souce of reference as well, so there shouldn't be a lot of guessing involved.
The armor styling is very basic, so I hope Ikushima will do some nice work in the neck, joint areas, soles of the feet, and back of the shield to make up for it.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:57 pm

I expect similar detailing we saw on the Engage SR-3. Hopefully I'll be wrong and Ikushima can give us a surprise.

yp

Post by yp » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:14 am

Hi, guys....

I too looked at the list. I believe it says that WSC will show the bust of Gast Temple at the WF, as a first Temple series.

It will be followed by Berlin Sr-2 and Sally(sp?) Junchoon comic ver....

YP

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:34 am

Yeah...I came across the words "Temple series" in the translation but had no idea what it meant...

I'm not so sure about WSC and the Gastness, knowing how Ikushima always tends to make a slim MH into a bulky one...

EDIT: Now I see it! The Gastness Temple name was not translated through the on-line translation site. But now I do see the Gastness Temple name listed in WSC site :D .

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:03 am

This just keeps getting more and more intriguing.

Gastness first, then the new Berlin... I wonder which work will be Ikushima and which will be Yamagishi?

As for the Junchoon... First Sally? Sayly (again)? If WSC is going way back to the first Sally Junchoon, then an original Berlin is not out of the question. :wink:

I live in hope. 8)

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:08 am

I hope the job of the Gastness will go to Koji Yamagishi. His Empress was pretty good, in my own opinion.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:22 am

We didn't have to wait long! Check it out!

It looks great so far. Let's hope this kit will have long skinny legs :D .

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:30 am

Very Nice. Thanks for the pics.

How long before we see a retaliatory Gastness from Volks?

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:26 pm

After so many yr., finally WSC is willing to make new kits w/o following volks idea of their kits. A welcome relief.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:52 pm

Wow. I am really stunned. First the announcement of Berlin Sr2, and now Gastness.

These are 2 MH I never ever expected WSC to do.

This is very VERY happy news, in a time when I felt MH GKs were really on the decline.

Gastness looks great so far, can't wait to see more of it.

Elemental: I'm confident it will be Saylay Junchoon comic version, aka comic version of engage Sr3. I doubt WSC would be going back to do Junchoon First Sally.