In Deep Confusion! >_<

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

gogolotus

In Deep Confusion! >_<

Post by gogolotus » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:43 am

Hello, I'm brand new to this board and also brand new to the wonderful series FSS.

I bought the DVD for FSS at AX 05, and fell in love with it!! The atmosphere, character designs and robots are just wonderful! But the movie just left off at some weird place that didn't explain a thing! And I found out that I had to read the mangas to know what happens.
So I bought volume 1 ~ 4 and 11 (my friend got it for me with out knowing that I only have vols 1~4) in japanese. I read it.....and I'm getting worried about one thing. When does the character Maximum appear!!??? I saw a picture of him in the old NewType my sister bought years ago....and I'm so curious about him! His costume and everything looks so great!
He appears in volume 11 a little but as a god... (???) I looked at some one the threads where people are discussing about him...and I see the names Kaien and Maximum....But in book 11 Kaien is some other guy...and...and...AHH! I'm just confused out of my mind! I'm just wondering where everyone knows all these stuff about him! Does he come out in vol 5~10? >_< Or...just...anywhere? I'm so sorry if I'm not making any sense.....

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:39 am

Hi, and welcome ^^

I'll let others make a more complete answer, but take care about the fact that when we use Kaien only, we're talking about the character Dougulus Kaien (other name inconcistencies are Douglas Kaien, Douglas Kain...), who's Maximum's Father, and who apperead a lot in the story up to JP book 11.
Douglas Kaien is the SIlver Knight, one of the best knight out there...
When we talk about Maximum, we use Maximum :wink:

There are already a few topics about Maximum, random infos :
http://www.gearsonline.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=821
The Kaien genealogy :
http://www.gearsonline.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=466

errol

Post by errol » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:20 pm

WOAH!!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:39 pm

Hello and welcome!

Maximum will appear "in the flesh" somewhere near the end of the Majestic Stand conflict. Probably book 13 or 14. It hasn't been written yet.
Shinei!

gogolotus

Post by gogolotus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:19 am

Thanks so much for the info!

So Maximum comes out probably in book 13 or 14......then how does everyone know about him? ahhh! @_@

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 am

Actually, he did appear briefly as a kid in the beginning of JP Vol 11.

As u have probably noticed by now, FSS is not your common manga. There are tons of background info that we will not get from the manga alone becoz it is not possible to draw every little detail in the manga. Altho it is possible to enjoy the manga on its own, additional info are sometimes printed only in the monthly NewType magazine (JP ver only), or in one of Nagano's books.

I would suggest that u read through the manga at least once (probably need many more times to truely capture every little detail :wink: ), coz the answers we give are spoilers.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:34 pm

If you don't mind a few spoilers, here's the poop on Maximum:

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/characters/maximum.html
Shinei!

gogolotus

Post by gogolotus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:12 pm

Spoilers come to meeee! LOL! xD

I don't mind them at all, and yea, I've seen the info about Maxi on this site. :D