Schaft

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

errol

Schaft

Post by errol » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:19 pm

Hello everyone at Gears. I was just wondering if anyone has any details about Schaft. He is one of my favorite FSS charactors. I'm still having a hard time believing that he is dead. I want to believe that he is just under some death spell or something. I don't know what it is about him but he is very interesting. Zanda city, sword sage, Jagd Mirage, one of Ballanche's first Fatima's. There has to be more to this guy. Or maybe the good really do die young. Thanks in advance.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:24 am

hello

First of all, i must let u know i dont really own the English volumes, so my spelling of names might not be the same as the EN ver.

Originally named: Bugle de Leizer
Nickname/Codename after joining FEMC: "Shaft"
Mirage No. 2 Left Wing

He was originally a Duke of Zanda City, leader of the underground syndicate "RosenKreutz", and it seemed that the syndicate peaked during his time. During the 2970s, he was "killed" in a duel by a lady (probably Mel Rince or Lady Sopp), and thereafter he joined the Mirage Knights. He was publicly announced as dead, and the syndicate had a new leader. Well-known to be a very heavy drug abuser, his mind is very unstable. It is said that he introduced drugs to his fatima, Ballanche-made No.2 Parthenon, and made her mentally unstable as well.

Even though he is on the verge of going crazy anytime, Shaft is an excellent swordsman. He is a disciple of Dimos Hirarchy, and he has attained the rank of Heaven Position and also granted by his teacher the right to wear the Knight Master emblem (the wings). One of his deadliest technique is called the "Saber Blade" (quick withdrawal and slash of the sword, also used by Vlrago Kentauri vs young Colus 23).

There are similar-looking characters in Nagano's other works, such as Fool for the City and also Heavy Metal L-Gaim where he was named McTomin, No.8 in the "Group of 13".
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

errol

Post by errol » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:59 pm

Thank you very much Rubel Colus. You always seem to have all the answers. Very intriguing. For some reason I'm always drawn to the more mysterious charactors in all stories. For instance I like Bobo fett in Star Wars. Hate to bring up that movie up in this forum. I was actually debating using Schaft as a screen name. I really like the depth of all the charactors history and personality in FSS, but Schaft and Rogner are my favorites. Maybe I'm drawn to darker charactor's because of my surroundings, being from Detroit I'm exposed to craziness dailey and maybe I can relate to them more. What a wild place man. Anyways, I'm suprised there is not more about Schaft that anyone else knows. One last thing, I was searching around the manga scans and suprised to see Schaft in the March 2004 scans on pages 9?& 16. Do you know if the picture on pg.16 is a flashback or something current. I'm just wondering if he is still alive and his story could evolve. It's really driving me crazy that these volumes are not translated yet. Guess it comes with FSS territory.

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:19 pm

I don't think the guy on p.9 is Shaft, I'd say State Ballo Kaiedia (Mirage Knight n°16), the one who comes with Lie Ex in the black three episode, and who survives, contrary to her.

P.16 yup', it's a flashback, from when Sarion killed his own parents, but I can't tell you many more about that, I'd rather let speak those who are sure, rather than say something wrong (If I remember well, Sarion's parents planed to assassinate Aisha's family or something, well they planed something not cool and Sarion didn't agreed, obviously).
I'm afraid Shaft is dead for good (is it the right way to say that ?).

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:32 am

yeah, it was Kaieda and the other is a flashback (notice how small-sized young Sarion was, and in the back - wondering who's legs are those??).

Hey at least Shaft has more "screen time" compared to Bester Orbit (Left Wing #9 - one of my fav) and ... poor Corlala (Right wing #15) only had 2 little panels... :twisted:
Looking for:

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:10 am

Emblem of Rosen Kreutz/Rose Cross?. Now headed by Ryokurei Ronn (see Zanda City story).

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/1227 ... utz0kq.gif

Not sure if it can b found in any of Gears' webpages?
Looking for:

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Thanks for the emblem. We'll have to find a good place to put it.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:03 pm

Anyone know what year Sarion killed his parents? And a translation of that scene would be great. It would help the accuracy of his profile if we could get all the info (why he killed his parents and when etc)
Shinei!