What is the Majestic Stand?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:45 am

Tomexe wrote:

Are we using the same power scale that had Lachesis ranked lower than a house cat and Rognar equal to a LED Mirage by himself? :D
Yeah. Thats the only one we have to go by at this point :)

However, Wascha is ranked the same as Araragi Haite, who is ranked so low that he can't get a job as a knight and had to settle for working as Knight Police until Buchtgma started recruiting (taking anyone with Headdliner ability no matter how strong or low their birth)

Wascha, however, gets special priveledges because she's royalty...even though she's effectively "worthless" as a Headdliner. This is how Vos gets Buchtgma to be so powerful...by appealing to all the Headdliners who get looked over because of their low birth, or lack of strength (comparitively speaking. Even low-powered Headdliners are far above normal humans)
How did she find Hungtrang anyway? Was Amatarasu or any of his aliases involved or was it just another convinent "accident".
Ask and ye shall recieve.

It hasn't been translated yet, but you can get the gist from the pictures:

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/manga/nov04.php

Enjoy!
Shinei!

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:37 am

I remember Prominade...

It makes NO SENSE!

Why is Wascha working as a maid? Why is Hungtrang working is a maid?
Who is the butler?

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:53 am

hitori wrote:Although it hasn't been directly stated how they met, there is a side story set in a parallel world that ran in NewType from Oct 2004 through Dec 2004 which tells a version.
In that story they meet in Ballanche's mansion.
Oh, Prominade is not in the normal FSS universe? That might explain why it made no sense to me. I couldn't figure out why a princess/headliner and a fatima were working as domestics.

Trying to figure out where that fit in made my head hurt...

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:33 am

I think it's worth noting here that the butler interview in Twin Towers reveals that fatimas come to Ballanche's castle to volunteer in turns as maids.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:40 am

Tachyon wrote:I think it's worth noting here that the butler interview in Twin Towers reveals that fatimas come to Ballanche's castle to volunteer in turns as maids.
Interesting, does that apply only to currently masterless ones or?

So if that was what Hungtrang was doing, still why was Wascha there?

BTW, this brings up another point. Does galaxy law permit fatimas to communicate to each other? Is it common for fatimas to keep track of one another and do things like going home and taking care of "father" or is this something that only Ballanche's fatimas (and maybe Morards) do?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:08 am

Tomexe wrote:
Interesting, does that apply only to currently masterless ones or?
I would assume it is only for masterless fatimas, unless a fatimas master was kindly enough to allow her a "leave of absence"
So if that was what Hungtrang was doing, still why was Wascha there?
This I'm not exactly sure. Maybe something she needs to do as a princess. Do commoners work to understand the people you will be ruling over better. Or maybe she was doing some sort of summer work program for teenagers and got the Ballanche gig because of her social standing.
BTW, this brings up another point. Does galaxy law permit fatimas to communicate to each other? Is it common for fatimas to keep track of one another and do things like going home and taking care of "father" or is this something that only Ballanche's fatimas (and maybe Morards) do?
It seems to me that Ballanche and Morard fatimas that visit home regularly seems to be a perfectly normal thing. Thus, probably masterpiece fatimas of top meights visit home when allowed by their master, or when their master dies/releases them from duty to await a new ohirome.
Factory built fatima on the other hand, probably don't have this luxury as the factory that produces them probably doesn't have the extra funds to take care of them like a top meight could.
Shinei!

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:54 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:I would assume it is only for masterless fatimas, unless a fatimas master was kindly enough to allow her a "leave of absence"
Fatimas mentioned in that interview are: Tita, Megaella, Toki and Odette: all have current masters.
You can see Toki several times in the story; one being Eng vol 11.
Tomexe wrote:So if that was what Hungtrang was doing, still why was Wascha there?
You can't directly transfer events happening in Promenade to FSS.
Promenade is set in modern day US.
Notice the mention of Dell, 5th avenue, Broadway etc.
In Promenade, Wascha is a girl from a not so well-to-do family who's working as a maid during winter vacation.
Tomexe wrote:Does galaxy law permit fatimas to communicate to each other? Is it common for fatimas to keep track of one another and do things like going home and taking care of "father" or is this something that only Ballanche's fatimas (and maybe Morards) do?
Fatimas do socialize, especially with sister/brothers from same Meights and with Fatimas within the same Knights Organizations.
One of the main reasons for visiting their father/mothers is to go through "chemical".
The regular examination and treatment necessary to maintain a Fatima's physical and mental soundness is called Chemical in FSS.
For those from Fatima factories, Knights seem to ask help from a nearby Meight or someone they have acquaintance with; such as in the case of Palsuet and Dr.Corks.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:58 pm

hitori wrote: You can't directly transfer events happening in Promenade to FSS.
Promenade is set in modern day US.
Notice the mention of Dell, 5th avenue, Broadway etc.
In Promenade, Wascha is a girl from a not so well-to-do family who's working as a maid during winter vacation.
Set in modern day U.S.????

So...umm...what the heck were Naias Brunhilde and Nona Strauss doing there at the airport. They were obviously Headdliners amongst normals...look at the height difference (John too!)
Fatimas do socialize, especially with sister/brothers from same Meights and with Fatimas within the same Knights Organizations.
One of the main reasons for visiting their father/mothers is to go through "chemical".
The regular examination and treatment necessary to maintain a Fatima's physical and mental soundness is called Chemical in FSS.
For those from Fatima factories, Knights seem to ask help from a nearby Meight or someone they have acquaintance with; such as in the case of Palsuet and Dr.Corks.
I would also assume that most Knight Corps have a few resident Fatima meisters to take care of their members fatimas for them. Factory models probably recieve their regular maintinence (er, I mean "Chemical") from these Meisters. However, I also assume that the majority of masterpiece fatima are far too complicated and tempermental for a journeyman meister to handle, so those types get sent back to their respective creators for upkeep.

Thus it would also be beneficial for a wealthy Knight Corps to employ a master fatima Meight, such as Ballanche or Morard. Someone with the skill to maintain any fatima they encounter. That way you don't have to send your fatima to a far away place and be caught with your pants down (i.e. without a fatima to co-pilot your MH) at an inoportune moment.

I notice that Sakurako sports the Mirage logo in some of the artwork I've seen of her. So she gets absorbed into the FEMC/Amaterasu Divers Guild and becomes their resident fatima Meight?
Shinei!

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:18 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Set in modern day U.S.????
So...umm...what the heck were Naias Brunhilde and Nona Strauss doing there at the airport. They were obviously Headdliners amongst normals...look at the height difference (John too!)
That's why it's a parallel universe type of story.
Some things overlap, such as Kirsten Star being Jodie's benefactor, but not everything.
That person you refer to as Jhon is named Jodie(or Prince) in Promenade.
The only person whose name appears in both FSS and Promnade is Chaa, and even in that case, her full name Wascha is never mentioned in Promenade.

For those who haven't read Promenade in Japanese or a full translation of it...I think you should read that portion for yourselves before hearing too much from me.
It's an interesting story on its own and at the same time reveals quite a bit about things not covered in FSS main storyline. :D
Nu Soard Graphite wrote:I would also assume that most Knight Corps ... without a fatima to co-pilot your MH) at an inoportune moment.
Sounds plausible to me.
But there is no mention of this practice in the storyline yet.
Let's hope Nagano will cover that subject in the next....oh 10 years. hehe
Nu Soard Graphite wrote:I notice that Sakurako sports the Mirage logo in some of the artwork I've seen of her. So she gets absorbed into the FEMC/Amaterasu Divers Guild and becomes their resident fatima Meight?
No explanation on that is out yet...
There are just way too many people popping up wearing the Bloody Cross recently. :?

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:51 am

Set in modern day U.S.????

Thats minor, what about the Mortar Headd duel in the December 04 issue? How did they get to the 21st century US?

There is no English translation of this is there...

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:54 am

Tomexe wrote:
Thats minor, what about the Mortar Headd duel in the December 04 issue? How did they get to the 21st century US?
well, that was happening in "present day" Joker (J.C. 3030 during Buchtgma's invasion of Hathua) then they seem to do a "flashback" scene to when Wascha and Hugtrang first meet. Not sure how it ties into the first episode of Promenade but I'm sure we'll figure it out at some point.
There is no English translation of this is there...
Nope, not yet. And with the current status of English FSS on hold, it could be a while before we get it (another year or two at least until they iron out all the copywrite issues I suppose)
Shinei!

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:19 am

Nope, not yet. And with the current status of English FSS on hold, it could be a while before we get it (another year or two at least until they iron out all the copywrite issues I suppose)
ARRGH!

By the way, did Wascha win her duel with that Ashura Temple?

If she did, in that Female Cross Mirage- that makes her one up on her sis... :twisted:

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:32 am

I'm not entirely familiar with the untranslated new stories. Do you mean Wascha in the Calvary R/Luminous Mirage?

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:39 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Tomexe wrote:Thats minor, what about the Mortar Headd duel in the December 04 issue? How did they get to the 21st century US?
well, that was happening in "present day" Joker (J.C. 3030 during Buchtgma's invasion of Hathua) then they seem to do a "flashback" scene to when Wascha and Hugtrang first meet.
Nu Soard is correct.
Those two scenes are from different stories.
I feel for the English readers.
I was like that for a long time...
Having the resources to get the new material, but not being able to tell what's going on is confusing.

If anyone wants to learn Japanese and try their hands on reading FSS directly, I'll be more than happy to help.
PM me if you want to take this offer.
Tomexe wrote:By the way, did Wascha win her duel with that Ashura Temple? If she did, in that Female Cross Mirage- that makes her one up on her sis...
In a way, yes.
Piedoll retreated from the battlefield first.
Chalk one up for Wascha on defeating a Tenii Knight!
Try looking up some recent posts to find out the truth behind that 'Cross Mirage'. :wink:
elemental wrote:I'm not entirely familiar with the untranslated new stories. Do you mean Wascha in the Calvary R/Luminous Mirage?
Yes.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:48 pm

hitori wrote:

In a way, yes.
Piedoll retreated from the battlefield first.
Chalk one up for Wascha on defeating a Tenii Knight!
Try looking up some recent posts to find out the truth behind that 'Cross Mirage'. :wink:

:wink:

:cool:
Shinei!