FAC 2005 entry

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

FAC 2005 entry

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:20 am

Thanks to "BangDoll" from another board who found this.

One of the entries for FAC 2005, and it's an A-Toll Scritti!

http://mx666ver7777.web.infoseek.co.jp/fac/fac2005.html

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:01 pm

Is there other FAC FSS entry?

What's your take on the FAC 2004 any way? I thought most of the sculpting (if not all) of those entries are average at best. Don't come close to Volks or WSC.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:46 pm

This is the whole list, subject to change.

http://www.modelfplus.com/specialindex_log/FAC2005.html

Interesting ones include 1/100 Atoll Scritti, Gast Temple, 1/144 Atoll Embryo, Berlin SR2, Flamberge Temple, etc. weird why Silicon Tribe lists both Calvary-R and Luminous Mirage separately. juz to differentiate that Calvary-R comes wif Buster launcher?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:45 pm

Atoll Embryo ? Which one is it ? A variant from the BS ?
Damn, the translation from kana to romaji is so weird ! :P

Luminous Mirage (Calvary R) = ruminasu mirage (karubari~R) :wink:

There's also a 1/100 Aweken (written Auken in kana... it took me 10 minutes to translate it... the MH name, not the list^^)

ANd this one : http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~shirowan/
Is it on the list ?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:53 am

happy hopping wrote:Is there other FAC FSS entry?

What's your take on the FAC 2004 any way? I thought most of the sculpting (if not all) of those entries are average at best. Don't come close to Volks or WSC.
I think comparing works from FAC2004 to Volks/WSC is a bit unfair...

I think the good thing about FAC is that we get to see some MH kits that have yet to be made from either Volks or WSC. Gastness Temple is a great example.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:06 am

Thanks for the link, Rubel Colus :D .

I was going through various links provided in that site and found some pretty nice looking stuff.

Check out the figures from this site:

http://www.geocities.jp/thousand_cherry2004/

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:33 am

When I babelfished that FAC kit list, "Sodium Singing Cherry Tree Child" gave me a chuckle. :)

Tomo A Brand kit should be interesting to see, too.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:58 am

ok, to make it easier for u guys... :D

1/6 クローソー Clotho

1/6 ファティマ・チャンダナ Fatima Candana
1/6 ファティマ・ヒュートラン Fatima Hugtrang
1/6 ファティマ・ユリケンヌ Fatima Hurricane
1/6 ファティマ・コンコード Fatima Concord

1/12 剣聖マキシ Sword Saint Max
1/12 剣聖ハリコン・メロディ Sword Saint Harricone Melody

1/5 ティータ Tita
1/5 ナイアス・ブリュンヒルテ Naias Brunhilde
1/5 ティスホーン Tisphone
1/5 チャンダナ Candana

1/150 MHエンゲージオクターバーSR1 Engage Octaver SR1

1/7 ディス・ボスヤスフォート Dis Vosjar#$%$^ (lol can never spell his name rite :P)
1/72 MHクロスミラージュ雄型 Cross Mirage Male

1/5 ファティマ・瑠璃 Fatima Lapis
1/5 ファティマ・時 Fatima Toki
1/5 ファティマ・ラキシス・L・L・L Fatima Lachesis LLL
1/5 ファティマ・オキストロ Fatima Orchestro (my fav fatima <3 )

1/8 ワスチャ・コーダンテ Wascha Codante
1/8 ダイヤモンド・ニュートラル Diamond Neutral
1/8 ナイアス・ブリュンヒルデ Naias Brunhilde
1/8 アイシャ・コーダンテ Aisha Codante

1/8 ファティマ・アレクトー Fatima Alecto
1/8 ファティマ・マージャ Fatima Majar

1/8 ラキシス プラスティック・クルーズ・スーツVer. Lachesis
1/8 アルル・フォルティシモ Arr Fortissmo

1/100 ペーパークラフト ナイト・オブ・ゴールド Papercraft KOG
1/100 ペーパークラフト レッド・ミラージュ Papercraft LED Mirage

1/144 エイトール・エンブリヨ Atoll Embryo (pointy head Atoll piloted by Harrer/Harper)

1/100 ベルリンSR2 Berlin SR2

1/100 ルミナス・ミラージュ(カルバリーR) Luminous Mirage (Calvary R)

1/144 フランベルジュ・テンプル Flamberge Temple

1/144 ジュノーン初期型 Junchoon Early Type
NON アルカナ・ナイト Alkana Knight

1/100 A・Toll・Scritti
NON スクリティ・ポリティ隊 Scritti Polliti Team

1/6 3・1・5・9
1/6 メガエラ DS Megaera
1/6 エストDS EST
1/6 クーン DS Queen

1/6 デコース・ワイズメル Decors Weissmel

1/6 エスト(デカダンスタイル 黒服) EST (Decadant Style Black)
1/6 John Weinzel

1/8 ヒュートラン(表紙版) Hugtrang (cover page version)
1/8 チャンダナ(デカダン) Candana (decadant)

1/7 天照帝 Amaterasu
1/7 ログナー Rogner

1/8 ファティマ・オキストロ Fatima Orchistro

1/72 カルバリィR(スモークウオール) Calvary R(Smoke Wall)
1/72 ルミナス・ミラージュ Luminous Mirage
1/72 バスターランチャーセット Buster Launcher Set
1/72 レッドミラージュVer.3(クリヤー) LED Mirage v3 (clear)
1/72 レッドミラージュ Ver,.3(ホワイト) LED Mirage v3 (white)
1/72 ファントム(エナ仕様) Phantom (Ena)
1/72 エンゲージSR1(Both3030) Engage SR1
1/72 彗王丸(ミラージュ仕様) Suiou maru (Mirage)

1/8 ナトリウム・シング・桜子 Natrium Xing Sakurako
1/220 ツインタワー Twin Tower (OMG~!?! didnt notice this before)
1/220 ヤクト・ミラージュ Jagd Mirage

1/100000 AKE皇帝旗艦 ザ・ウィル The Will
1/2400 AKDホエール型超高速巡洋戦艦 AKD Cruiser Whale

1/100 フランベルジュ・テンプル Flamberge Temple

1/100 エンゲージオクターバーSR3 Engage Octaver SR3
1/100 アウェケン Aweken
1/100 MH骨格(アウェケン) MH Skeleton Frame (Aweken)

1/100 エンプレス・フレーム Empress Flame

1/7 クリスティン・V(2) Christine V

1/100 ヴァイオラ Vai o la
1/100 ガストテンプル Gast Temple

1/8 アイエッタ(プラスティックスタイル) Ieatta (Plastic Style)
1/8 コンコード(プラスティックスタイル) Concord (PS)
1/8 ラキシス(プラスティックルーズスーツ) Lachesis (PS)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:29 pm

When these amateur re-do MH like SR 2, SR 3, etc., are they saying they can do a better sculpt than volks? Why not just build some other MH, Kan for e.g., that hasn't been surfaced before, so they don't have to compete?

IF you see SR2 1/100 at FAC 2005, what would you say? You said you already have one from Volks or that the one on the table is at best average compares to volks.

Then comes the 1/220 Jagd Mirage and twin tower, someone can do 1/220 scale better than Tani? That I got to see.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

when you buy a pet:

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:33 pm

happy hopping wrote:When these amateur re-do MH like SR 2, SR 3, etc., are they saying they can do a better sculpt than volks? Why not just build some other MH, Kan for e.g., that hasn't been surfaced before, so they don't have to compete?

IF you see SR2 1/100 at FAC 2005, what would you say? You said you already have one from Volks or that the one on the table is at best average compares to volks.
The Sr2 listed is the Berlin Sr2. Which has not been done by Volks or WSC or anyone else.

Then comes the 1/220 Jagd Mirage and twin tower, someone can do 1/220 scale better than Tani? That I got to see.
If someone would release new Twin Tower parts compatible with the old 1/220 kit... that would be awesome.

You know, since these guys are amateurs, they are probably focusing on their favorite designs, rather than trying to make something to fill gaps in the market. If you don't like their choices, you are always free to create something on your own...

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:37 am

happy hopping wrote:When these amateur re-do MH like SR 2, SR 3, etc., are they saying they can do a better sculpt than volks? Why not just build some other MH, Kan for e.g., that hasn't been surfaced before, so they don't have to compete?

I don't think anyone participating in FAC would claim to be better than Tani. That doesn't mean they can't gain satisfaction from creating something unique with their own hands and display their work in an event along with works by like-minded people. If everything in FAC had to be as good as or better than professional quality kits, would there be a FAC at all?

Do you really make models, Happy? You seem very divorced from the creative process...

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:21 am

Well, obviously, I'm commenting the above in a consumer's pt. of view. As a consumer, I am looking for GK that hasn't been released before. GK like Engage Octaver SR3, Volks had it a long time ago, so if these amateur like to create one for artistic reason, good for them.

But they are selling it to us, so surely we are entitle to our opinion. And knowing they are selling QTY of 50 kits to make money, I expect them to sell FSS GK that hasn't been released before by WSC, or VOlks, etc.

Now, I notice there are the ones who hasn't been released before coming out in FAC 2005, which is good. But I'm disappointed in making the ones that has been rel. by Volks, WSC. Who are they trying to sell to?

when you buy a pet:

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:29 pm

happy hopping wrote:But I'm disappointed in making the ones that has been rel. by Volks, WSC. Who are they trying to sell to?
People who really love those designs and can't get enough kits of them.

People who obsessively collect every FSS kit they can find.

People who may not already own a kit of the particular MH and may be intrigued by something the FAC sculptor did with the design.

People looking to collect rare and obscure kits for collectible purposes.

People who like to encourage and support the development of new sculptors in the FSS field.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:58 am

but didn't most members here had a debate that WSC shouldn't be duplicating volks release and create some other sculpt that has not be out in 1/100 scale yet?

So why can't the same thing apply to these young sculpters? Hey the price tag is min. 20K to 30K yen, I think as consumers, we have some say in this.

when you buy a pet:

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:26 am

happy hopping wrote:but didn't most members here had a debate that WSC shouldn't be duplicating volks release and create some other sculpt that has not be out in 1/100 scale yet?

So why can't the same thing apply to these young sculpters? Hey the price tag is min. 20K to 30K yen, I think as consumers, we have some say in this.
Volks vs WSC is an entirely seperate issue. They are both selling to the widespread FSS GK customer base.

FAC stuff is a very small, limited market in comparison. Volks and WSC sell to the average FSS customer. FAC stuff is mostly of interest to the dedicated customer.

Volks and WSC ought to be differentiating their products because it makes good financial sense. Not a lot of people will buy both a WSC and Volks version of an MH. Most people will choose one or the other. So if they released different MH, they'd both get more sales most likely. Since people would no longer have to choose between one or the other all the time.

But FAC is such a small, limited thing... it has no real impact on the general FSS market. So what they sculpt at FAC really doesn't make any difference to the FSS market.