Gears Online and the Future

Your thoughts on this site and message board

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gears Online and the Future

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:27 pm

Is Gears Online more fun small (like it is now) or big (like it could be in the future). Is growth good? Is having more site visitors and message board members a good thing? Let me know what you think.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:56 pm

Small is good, and big is good, too.
Even if a site gets big, members whose participations are visible will always be a relatively small number.
If one shows up often and bring up interesting stories, he'll never feel the isolation a big site may bring.

Tachyon, I think you have a vision to make this site in to a comprehensive site, and I feel you and GearsOnline have full potential to reach that goal.
If you're worried if current members would feel uneasy with a larger community, you shouldn't.
Larger community means more web presence and exposure to attract more quality members.
Both current and future members would benefit from a diverse community.

I am for a big site.

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:23 am

Well said Hitori , big doesn't mean intimidating or less fun for the members . Everyone benefits from the exchange of info and ideas , more people visiting the site means more members and more quality info making a well rounded and well informed site . I am a member of a couple of Star Trek sites and there are literaly hundreds of members at each one , but the number of active posters at the forums are less than 25 on average . Not everyone is going to be active in posting all the time , most fall into the post every so often catagory , so don't worry over growth ...it's a good thing .
Do you understand?

Giant Satan Robo

Post by Giant Satan Robo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:29 am

Don't fear growth. After all, it's easier to ban idiots than attract new members.

...does that make sense?

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:05 pm

Has lots fun now, and I wish will be more fun in the future.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

valar2006

Post by valar2006 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:30 am

good, very good!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:19 pm

Well, I doubt that more people would ruin my comfortable here. So let this place grow. :D
Justice will never lose!

Darc_Serpent

Post by Darc_Serpent » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:42 am

i love this site, i found it on google and decided to join.....
it was a miracle :D

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:38 am

i think the site should get bigger because replies are slow and theres not much action going on.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:06 am

With a site that has as much potential as this one, I think growth is inevitable as word of mouth (er...word of net?) brings more and more people to the site.

I say let it happen. The more the merrier. We'll just have to keep our eyes open for fun squashing trolls, thats all.
Shinei!