Jackos' A position

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Canadian FSS Fan

Jackos' A position

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:05 am

How exactly did Jacko's come to posess the A position of the Mirage knights? Shouldn't he be granted No.1 as A is occupied by Amaterasu?

In the sleeve notes of Vol.3(eng) it says that No.1 formerly held by Deimos and Douglus(sp) is later granted to Jackos, and this makes sense.

But i've read on here he is granted the A position?

Its especially puzzling as I haven't read that far in the books myself.

So what is the case?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:57 am

I think originally, Nagano wanted to make Jackos Mirage #1. That would make him the successor to Deimos Hierarchy and Douglus Kaien, both having been FEMC #1 (Even if Kaien only held the position for a few years)

However, somewhere along the lines Nagano changed his mind....like he always tends to do. Mirage "A" is the position held by someone who is not a subject of the AKD and thus not truely under command of the Mirage Commanders (Rognar, Sarion, Iemarah etc). Effectively an "honorary" Mirage Knight. Amaterasu formerly held that position but gave it to Jackos. Why? Jackos is (will be) the leader of the Jota Space Knights, and thus is not a subject of the AKD. However through his mother, he can be considered a citizen of the AKD and since he is the second or third strongest knight in the whole cluster, Amaterasu makes an exception in his case and grants him honorary Mirage status.

I hope thats not too confusing.

Did I miss anything, or anyone have any more to add???
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:52 am

Actually, FEMC #1 is similar to #A in that it is an "honorary" position for Mirage Knight.

Means they had not sworn loyalty to Amaterasu, unlike the other Mirage Knights who practically sold themselves to the Emperor.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Talos402000

Post by Talos402000 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:55 am

Not the same as selling themselfs. They represent samurai.