Questions about volumes 25/26--possible spoilers.

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:38 pm

Oh yeah, I read about hibrains in ch.26. What are they ?

PS. Thanks for clearing up my above question.

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:46 pm

Hibrains are a kind of diver born (devloped by the AD Empire?) with powers of mind control. They were used to control Super Empire Chevaliers, like Ned Svans in books EN 21/J 9.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:54 pm

Arsenic was probably busy trying to develop two things:

- TaiFon's 'Mantic Mode' suit is made of materials providing some kind of shielding that slows down half-life decay. So in effect, the physical body has a longer life-span. Laki's Opera Suit and KOG armor have similar shielding, as well as Diode.

- Notice the double Y sign on TaiFon's suit. IMO, there might be a slight problem here, why then would Chrome seek out the dragons later?

I'm not sure if Chrome was involved with the development work, but anyway, dont take my word for it becoz Nagano didnt really explain these issues in detail.

hitori - we get the info that Harricone is the first son of Soprano from KF
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:22 pm

The top 4 meights of the past (Chrome, Morard, Coop, Corks) were all able to produce A or A+ grade fatimas, although it seems most of the 2A and 3A fatimas are Chrome's. So far, Sakurako and perhaps even Silver dont seem up to par. 'Clearance' seems to be an even more important stat than the power gauges tho.

As for AD Divers, even the Empress of Flame was 'extracted' from a previous Emperor. Goes to show that the AD people take alot of effort to produce the best or perfect elite forces, and ensure that their genes will not wither and weaken.
Looking for:

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:53 pm

I think only Chrome and Silver Ballanche can make such quality Fatimas, as something like BAAAB is an excellent Fatima in most cases and having 2A or better stats are national treasure quality.
That I think has more to do with not sharing how it was done-since the resulting fatimas are borderline illegal not to mention keeping market share- than others not being able to copy it if told how. Tower doesn't get ranked as a fatima, but none the less she must be a multiple multi-A rank to pass as a headdliner like Atropos, that would suggest at least Carbyte figured it out-or Meeth showed him and he was able to copy her- before he died.

The reason fatimas with multiple 3A rankings are illegal to manufacture, and were apparently made illegal before any had actually appeared, is that they might prove uncontrollable (something that Palternon proved correct) and the dim memory of what happened with headdliners when Empress NIEN went away and control over them was lost (since no other hibrain could control ALL the headdliners at once like she could, and they had to apparently be face to face with them to do it while she could be on another planet). This illegality and other meights NOT wanting to face the consequences of it head on like Chrome Ballanche did has as much to do with the low number of of multi-A ranked fatimas as lack of skill and the difficluty of manufacture. Morard Carbyte apparently knows as much about the building of high level fatimas as Ballanche did- Ballanche kept beating him because he was willing to do things that Carbyte was AFRAID to try untill Ballanche did it first and got away with it.

I wonder of the lists for the meights other than chrome are complete? I think its likely we are going to be introduced to more fatimas especally from Neutral, Sakurako, and Silver Ballanche that are not on this list just published.. and these may be more powerful than the few multi-B ranked fatimas that they each have shown in the list. Galaxy Law will apparently weaken in the wake of the Majestic Stand, even as the AKD tries to politically unify it. These kids are going to have a lot more freedom to build fatimas as they see fit, more demand for high rated fatimas and they will have the data to do so. After all it will be Neutral who figures out who Amaterasu is; Sakurako will spend a lot of her life doing maitanance work on the masterpiece Hungtrang; and Meeth will have the experience of making and rasing Maxi and taking care of Auxo. By doing this a lot of secrets are going to get let out and a lot that is new is going to be learned.

LaughingMan

Post by LaughingMan » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:42 am

Questions from English #25, last two pages where Arr Fortissmo is talking to Majole Lebenheite and mentions the following:

- Swordsmanship of Rondo?
- Breakdown Typhoon? Is it a sword or a martial arts technique?

Question from English #26 - bottom of page 67 where Magdal and Depre meet Arr Fortissmo.
What is Magdal talking about when she said to Arr Fortissmo:

"....You are looking for the owner of a big black sword, right? And...um.. The black sword that forms a pair with my father's...You can draw the black sword here, but not the big black one. You have to be out there...He's not here yet, but if he were, you'd find him! I'll prepare you!"

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:13 am

LaughingMan wrote:Questions from English #25, last two pages where Arr Fortissmo is talking to Majole Lebenheite and mentions the following:

- Swordsmanship of Rondo?
She was talking about her home and familial sword style. Arr is the last child of the Melody family, who were one of the royal houses of Colus, but the house was disbanded after some scandal involving the head of House Melody and a former Shaman of Atoll. It is likely that Arr is going around teaching her families sword techniques so they won't be "lost" if she was to be killed in battle. She also instructs Kaien's son Depre in her sword style.
- Breakdown Typhoon? Is it a sword or a martial arts technique?
It is more than a simple sword technique. It is a MH technique! First executed by Deimos Hierarchy when he rode in Vatshu for a time (to protect it and Est from despots) and taught to all the kings of Colus and Est teaches each Black Knight. Arr must've learned it from Colus or perhaps from Roados Dragoon (before he died) since she was supposed to be one of the top knights before house Melody was disbanded. It is likely that Saylay Colus has been instructed in the technique as well....
Question from English #26 - bottom of page 67 where Magdal and Depre meet Arr Fortissmo.
What is Magdal talking about when she said to Arr Fortissmo:

"....You are looking for the owner of a big black sword, right? And...um.. The black sword that forms a pair with my father's...You can draw the black sword here, but not the big black one. You have to be out there...He's not here yet, but if he were, you'd find him! I'll prepare you!"
Magdall is talking about Kaien and Meeth's son Maximum, who hadn't even been concieved yet when Magdall said this to Arr. The sword in question is the Kaienken. There are two Kaienken; The Big Black Sword (Maximum's blade) and the Black Light Sword (Kaien's blade. Later passed down to Madora Moirai). Apparently no one can draw the Big Black Sword (which is a large No-daichi style blade as opposed to a Spadd-style like the Black Light Sword) except for its true owner, Maximum.
I'm sure at some point during the Magic Wars, Arr will come face to face with Maximum and realise that he is the true owner of the blade and present it to him....
Shinei!

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:45 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Magdall is talking about Kaien and Meeth's son Maximum, who hadn't even been concieved yet when Magdall said this to Arr. The sword in question is the Kaienken. There are two Kaienken; The Big Black Sword (Maximum's blade) and the Black Light Sword (Kaien's blade. Later passed down to Madora Moirai). Apparently no one can draw the Big Black Sword (which is a large No-daichi style blade as opposed to a Spadd-style like the Black Light Sword) except for its true owner, Maximum.
I'm sure at some point during the Magic Wars, Arr will come face to face with Maximum and realise that he is the true owner of the blade and present it to him....
Just making observations but, didn't Harricone have the Kaienken[m] in KF? And being a kensai and all.....

Maybe its been passed down through the Melody family?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:33 pm

Candian FSS Fan wrote: Just making observations but, didn't Harricone have the Kaienken[m] in KF? And being a kensai and all.....

Maybe its been passed down through the Melody family?
Yep. Harricon Melody had the Kaienken[M] and it got passed down to Arr over time. She took that and the Engage Octaver and fled after the Melody family was disbanded.
Shinei!

Talos402000

Post by Talos402000 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:04 pm

Where do you guys get your information from? Is there a website that details all this knowledge? I cannot read japanese and there is very little written in Greek so I just read the English Volumes.

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:41 pm

For me if its not in the english volumes its in the character books (of which I actually own none) and the translations that some of these guys do.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:38 pm

Talos402000 wrote:Where do you guys get your information from? Is there a website that details all this knowledge? I cannot read japanese and there is very little written in Greek so I just read the English Volumes.
There are a few here who can read the Chinese versions. They do translations from time to time.

A lot of this info has been released in the English version though.

There used to be a website called Wax Trax that had a lot of people who did translations of material a few years ago and we got a lot of our information from that message board.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:51 am

Poseidal wrote:btw. what was with the bit with the angelic looking Specter and Potar after Sopp gets back from the emperor rescue, and was taken out of the final version? They're in the FSS Outline book 157. What kind of creature is Potar (apart from Fatima).
from Designs 1: AKD, Potar's description now says that she is 'formerly' a Morard fatima. That probably means she is no longer a fatima now, and unable to control a MH. Like Spector, she's also somewhat like a 'spirit'....

So i guess that explains the scene u mentioned.
Looking for: