Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

FSS Pages Update Jun 28, 2005

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:23 am

No meat today. Just fluff.

Added black & white images to the Knight of Gold 2 and Terror Mirage pages.

I have so many images I need to scan it's embarrassing...
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:09 am

still, cool stuff.

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:21 pm

Mmh, nice pictures.

Where are they from ?
The Patraqushe picture looks kinda scary, well mostly because of Atropos face, and the KOG AT looks more evil than usually with this mask (like the god knights), and the picture of the Terror is quite recent isn't it ?
The Terror Mirage is supposed to be grey on this one right ?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:37 pm

Both of those images were scanned from Tales of Joker #19. I bought it at Nu Soard's suggestion.

There's a gallery of black & white images called "Under-Cover: FSS Title Page Collection 1986-1999." The Terror Mirage image is from 1996. I has a caption in Japanese but I can't read it. The Atropos/Knight of Gold 2 image is from 1994. It has 3 captions on the same page but I'm not equipped to translate any of them. One caption is headed Knight of Gold "AUGE" A-T.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

errol

Post by errol » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:04 pm

Thank you Tacyon. The Terror Mirage is one of my favorites. Really like this picture, the face guard is very different than other MH w/guards. I also never realised that they changed the color for Bradford. Pretty cool stuff, the Terror Mirage just keeps getting better. That brings to mind a couple of questions. Does anybody know when the Bradford Terror makes an appearance? Do they make a model kit with the new head design? And lastely, does it still have the flat footed design or did he put it on heels like most of his other updated MH's? Thank you for all your hard work.

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:19 pm

From what I've read on here I don't believe Bradford has appeared in the other Terror Mirage yet?

But You can't really trust me with these things! :roll:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:51 pm

Tachyon wrote:Both of those images were scanned from Tales of Joker #19. I bought it at Nu Soard's suggestion.
See! I told you that issue would come in handy.

There are a lot of unique "not seen elsewhere" pics in that issue (they were all originally printed in Newtype as a FSS "cover art") though now many of them are being put in the English versions with translation!
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:53 pm

Hey Errol:

Nope, Braford has not yet shown up in his newly refurbished Terror yet. He might or might-not during the Majestic Stand (since Amaterasu wants to "officially" stay out of that fight) but I'm sure we'll definately see him and Kyo riding it during the 3159 invasion of Addler.
Shinei!

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:13 pm

Tachyon wrote:Both of those images were scanned from Tales of Joker #19. I bought it at Nu Soard's suggestion.

There's a gallery of black & white images called "Under-Cover: FSS Title Page Collection 1986-1999." The Terror Mirage image is from 1996. I has a caption in Japanese but I can't read it. The Atropos/Knight of Gold 2 image is from 1994. It has 3 captions on the same page but I'm not equipped to translate any of them. One caption is headed Knight of Gold "AUGE" A-T.
It's quite interesting to note the visual similarities around the face between the KOG AT and the Auge. Which makes sense, since the KOG AT is a rebuilt version of the Auge...

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:16 pm

errol wrote:Thank you Tacyon. The Terror Mirage is one of my favorites. Really like this picture, the face guard is very different than other MH w/guards. I also never realised that they changed the color for Bradford. Pretty cool stuff, the Terror Mirage just keeps getting better. That brings to mind a couple of questions. Does anybody know when the Bradford Terror makes an appearance? Do they make a model kit with the new head design? And lastely, does it still have the flat footed design or did he put it on heels like most of his other updated MH's? Thank you for all your hard work.
There are no kits of the Allen Bradford Terror Mirage.

Other than altered color scheme.. it's interesting to note the added Apache-style detailings on Allen's Terror Mirage.

No one knows about the heels since that's the only pic of Allen's Terror Mirage ever seen. And it does not show the feet....

Perhaps it's just me, but I like the original black Terror Mirage better.. :(

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:47 am

Does the TOJ 19 include the '94 July-October title pages? I'm interested in the AKD army descriptions. What about the EST comic stripes? :twisted:

Most importantly, is the text readable? Coz most of the title page collections i have are very small-sized, i can't read a thing. :? If they are full sized or at least half page sized, I'd be interested in buying one for myself.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:51 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:Does the TOJ 19 include the '94 July-October title pages? I'm interested in the AKD army descriptions. What about the EST comic stripes? :twisted:
You do know that this specific info can be found in the English version volume 18 right?

I've found the tittle pages you are requesting and this same information was printed in the english version of the Emperor Rescue Mission.
Most importantly, is the text readable? Coz most of the title page collections i have are very small-sized, i can't read a thing. :? If they are full sized or at least half page sized, I'd be interested in buying one for myself.
Unfortunately, most aren't readable at all! They are very small, fitting about 20 of each "cover page" on a single page...there are so many! However a good portion of the book is dedicated to showcasing some of the more interesting ones, and each of those gets its own full sized page, thought not the one's *I'd* like to see (such as the breakdown on the A-Toll Scritti!)
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:45 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Rubel Colus wrote:Does the TOJ 19 include the '94 July-October title pages? I'm interested in the AKD army descriptions. What about the EST comic stripes? :twisted:
You do know that this specific info can be found in the English version volume 18 right?

I've found the tittle pages you are requesting and this same information was printed in the english version of the Emperor Rescue Mission.
I don't know about that, coz I only have vol 1-3 of the English version. :(

Are they EXACTLY the same? coz some of the pictures were re-printed in Characters 8:AKD but i noticed many differences. I suspect the text would be informative...

hmm, why cant they come up with a book with all the title pages and in full size or at least readable text. I guess that's one reason to get the monthly NT. :?

BTW, I'm getting TOJ #3 for the description of the AKD army. But it doesn't have the '94-Oct title page (breakdown of both armed forces), I wondering if you have that in the ENG books/TOJ#19?

And what about the comic strips? I dont have the Rogner and earlier comics, trying to collect them hahah :D
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:55 am

It had one of the comic strips full-sized, but not the EST one :(
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:03 am

I think you might be onto something Rubel:

The stuff printed in English volume 18 is slightly different from the stuff printed from July, August and September of '94. There's stuff on those tittle pages that aren't in the English version, so I'm assuming here that the info from the English version is from Characters 8: AKD (which I do not posses)

That sux! The stuff on those tittle pages looks pretty cool (like the AKD Powered Armors) and I'd like to see a translation of that stuff...
Shinei!