Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:55 am

Rubel Colus wrote:
LMAO, Tachyon... :D

Thanks for the scan. I'll start working on it. :wink:
Ah good. You have it.

I've had no luck with my power cord, so its fortunate Tachyon was able to come through in that regard.
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:48 pm

Again, about the Spadds?
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:01 pm

No one has any info about the Spadds to post?

Sorry about being so insistant, but its something I'd like to present to Tachyon to put on the site.

Working on a Glossary of FSS terms, and things like the explaination of Spadds and other unique FSS technology is something I would like to include...

Guess I'll just have to order a new copy of Volume 5...
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:37 pm

I may scan the page if you want (well I can try not to forget :P )
Well it'd be easier for me than doing a sum-up of the article^^.

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:53 pm

Ehh, my copy of Vol 5 has the colus military and air balelle info as well.

I thought mine was the latest and greatest? Heh, I bought from akadot.

So i'm guessing mine is old and outdated? How can I tell what version it is?

In the back of the book it advertises for Volumes 1-8, if that means anything.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:57 pm

If you have the "Stapled and folded" version of volumes 1 through 8, then you have the "old" version. The squarebound versions comissioned by Diamond comics has the additional material in it.

I myself have the old versions of volumes 1 throught 8, which is why I didn't know about the updates in the new version.
Shinei!

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:08 pm

Ahh, yes I just looked on ebay, a lot of 4-12 of the new version is on there. I may as well buy that, as I have the old 1-3,5, and 6. I may re-buy the new ones and give these to a friend then.

But still, did Falk ever scan those pages for you?

John Wisnom

uses and abuses

Post by John Wisnom » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:20 am

LOL!! Brits and Yanks never will get along about how the English language is used or abused. But let me tell you, Mate!! No Japanese speaker of our mother tongue or Singaporian, Fillipino for that matter, could have done what I did to the Japanese text. Like it or not! The arm chair is always the more comfortable place, anyway. [Read it and weep] as the saying goes.

John Wisnom

Post by John Wisnom » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:44 am

There are spaads and speids, Man. The spaads go laser ballistic, the speids are iron and steel. The latter come in all the varieties that Nagano's intellect is capable of....Japanese. I thought I expained that in a footnote somewhere...

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:13 pm

John Wisnom wrote:There are spaads and speids, Man. The spaads go laser ballistic, the speids are iron and steel. The latter come in all the varieties that Nagano's intellect is capable of....Japanese. I thought I expained that in a footnote somewhere...
Yes, I believe you did explain that much in your translations.

I just remember seeing the Sleeve Notes in Japanese Volume 3 and the original translated versions we got here didn't have that information. I was wondering if Nagano went into further detail on how Spaads work....
Shinei!

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:58 pm

*feels stupid*

heh, I guess i'll start buying 13-26 from akadot and get the rest off ebay.

and John, I had a question for you:

Was having to learn all this new terminology a real hurdle in translation? Did you ever come across a word and go "what the hell is that!?"

John Wisnom

Post by John Wisnom » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:53 am

Candian FSS Fan wrote:*feels stupid*

John, I had a question for you:

Was having to learn all this new terminology a real hurdle in translation? Did you ever come across a word and go "what the hell is that!?"
No. As long as the romanization is correct like you all want it to be and there's a definition of what it means. [Would someone tell me what does "diddy-wa-diddy" means?] It's just psycho-babble to a translator...something to fill in the blanks with later. Nagano's self-avowed mechanical expertise amounts to how guitar amps work. There's a LOL footnote on that somewhere. I figured, "If Nagano can make sh** up, so can I!" I thought it worked...maybe not...The Bush-Blair world is so full of tight assholes.Nagano isn't one of 'em, so I went along for the ride. Nagano's middle name is "Mr. Inconsistency." It's become part of the FSS cult in Japan, referred to as "suezhous." Readers happily look forward to all the anomalies! Why not join the crowd? Loosen up a little bit, for crying out loud! It's a f***ing freak show! Grossing you out is our job, dammit! Confusion is the name of the game....If you want something simple, go read superman, watch Fox News or starwars for the umteenth time...Jeez!

John Wisnom

Post by John Wisnom » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:21 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
John Wisnom wrote:There are spaads and speids, Man. The spaads go laser ballistic, the speids are iron and steel. The latter come in all the varieties that Nagano's intellect is capable of....Japanese. I thought I expained that in a footnote somewhere...
Yes, I believe you did explain that much in your translations.

I just remember seeing the Sleeve Notes in Japanese Volume 3 and the original translated versions we got here didn't have that information. I was wondering if Nagano went into further detail on how Spaads work....
This is what I think about it...Spaads are what Star Wars amateurs use to kill their fathers with...Is there a single FSS scene in which a spaad did any real damage? or made a duel more interesting?
Look at the scene with Decors and Spark....Not a spaad to be seen...She nailed him with a fricking kitchen knife! In other words, spaads are for pussies! Stun-guns (fazers?) for beating up the citizenry at the most (helpful location devices perhaps)....Go ask George Lucas how they work....Nagano irony in full regalia here, I think....I dug it, anyway

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:38 pm

John Wisnom wrote:...Is there a single FSS scene in which a spaad did any real damage? or made a duel more interesting?
Sure spieds are the preferred weaponry; and being made out of the fictional metal metroteka chrome, makes it much more powerful than spadds.
Knights of FSS carry spadds more for portability and the ability to reduce damage by controlling power output.

But spadds are pretty powerful in FSS as well.
For example, Black Knight Dragoon was killed in a spadd duel.
Here, Decors' quick draw of the concealed second spadd decided the outcome.
Might have been too unconventional a tactic for old school Dragoon: you can't do this with a spied.
Mirage Knight Lonn can wield an MH spadd to deliver impacts like a spied would. (vs Pied Piper Knights)
This shows the skill of Mirage Knight class Headdliners and the power of MH Schpeltor.
Kensai Kaien cuts an MH size axe with a spadd strike: 'nuff said here.
In fact he's never seen using a spied. (exception Schpeltor. Correct me if wrong.)
Last edited by hitori on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.