FSS Pages Update Jun 20, 2005

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

FSS Pages Update Jun 20, 2005

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:32 pm

Nu Soard is back in business and I've been able to post 3 of his profiles today.

Maximum Kaien
Patrasque Mirage
Terror Mirage

I would really appreciate it if people could take a few moments and check out the new profiles for any incorrect or excluded information.

Next up, some new Siren profiles and an overhaul of the old Siren profiles.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:55 pm

Extensive profile for Maximum, great !

There's a mistake in the Terror Mirage profile I think, it's not B17, but B2 :)

Also you call the KOG 2 "Patrasque", is it the right name ?
Cuz' the wave 1/144 IP kit uses "Patraqushe", which I thought was the japanese "translation" for patriarch.
We would need the katakana to be "sure" of what the "exact" name could be.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:02 pm

Just added 4 charts to the AKD nation page. Thanks, Rubel Colus! Thanks also go to hitori for much helpful information. Those 4 charts are from Characters 4: Fatima (1989). If any of the information is incorrect, please let me know.

Does anyone know if Falk is correct? I thought Patrasque Mirage was named after Patrasque Island.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:50 pm

Some corrections:
Maximum's other name is Makishi, not Max.
It's one of the ways to read 蒔子 (Tokiko).
It does sound like how Maxi would be written in kana, but that's not the real name.
(That makes me curious. What does the English version call him?)

Meeth is not a duchess, but a countess.
When she became a Meight, many around the galaxy wanted to bestow on her a noble rank.
But she refused all but a rank of countess from Fates Dukedom.
Also, since Maximum is Kaien's son (Ballance's heir) he is the heir of Ballance, not Meeth.

Ballance's name is Ballance with a CE at the end.
CHE and CE have been used interchangeably, but I believe the current official spelling is with CE.
There was one instance where Nagano said Chrome changed his name to Ballanche when he left the Fates Dukedom, but it looks like this little detail has been forgotten by Nagano and Toyspress.

The details of Makishi's conception is a bit off.
Meeth first alters her ovaries to produce eggs with information from Maximum 46 program preinstalled.
Plants eggs in Auxo.
Fertilization.
Meeth transfers a Fatima woumb in her body.
It takes 10 years for her body to adjust to the transplant. During this time, the fertilized egg is preserved outside of Auxo's body.
Meeth transfers the egg in to her body.
Last edited by hitori on Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:55 pm

Tachyon wrote:I thought Patrasque Mirage was named after Patrasque Island.
It is named after the island.
But the spelling is off.
The Japanese is Pa-to-ra-ku-shi-eh.
So "Patrasque" is clearly off.
I personally haven't seen it written in alphabet anywhere except in the English versions and it's spelled "Patraqushie". (Eng vol 3, p 77)

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:08 am

Patragushie Mirage section:
I don't know if I'd say
ended the legacy of the most powerful mortar headd in the galaxy, the Knight of Gold
There are technically 5 KoG's.
KoG: Lachesis
KoG: AT
Auge Alsquul
Schpeltor
The WILL

We don't know what happens to all the MH's but we do know The WILL survives until the very end.

Nu Soard did a great job putting all these together without reading any Japanese.
Thanks Tachyon and Nu Soard.
This is a great work and it makes me recall all these additional information that could be added.
But most of them are pretty obscure and spoilerish so maybe in another time...

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:31 am

On model kit boxes, both plastic and resin, I usually see it spelled as "Patraqushe".

It's spelled this way on both the Volks GGI 1/100 IP and Wave 1/144 IP boxes for starters. So I tend to think of that as the official spelling.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:41 am

Falk wrote:Extensive profile for Maximum, great !

There's a mistake in the Terror Mirage profile I think, it's not B17, but B2 :)
Hmmm...I do believe you are right. It should read "B-2"
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:51 am

hitori wrote:Some corrections:
Maximum's other name is Makishi, not Max.
It's one of the ways to read 蒔子 (Tokiko).
It does sound like how Maxi would be written in kana, but that's not the real name.
(That makes me curious. What does the English version call him?)
Ah yes. I meant to mention about Makishi, but forgot.
Meeth is not a duchess, but a countess.
When she became a Meight, many around the galaxy wanted to bestow on her a noble rank.
But she refused all but a rank of countess from Fates Dukedom.
Also, since Maximum is Kaien's son (Ballance's heir) he is the heir of Ballance, not Meeth.
Ah, I see.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure Tachyon will fix that as soon as he can.
CHE and CE have been used interchangeably, but I believe the current official spelling is with CE.
There was one instance where Nagano said Chrome changed his name to Ballanche when he left the Fates Dukedom, but it looks like this little detail has been forgotten by Nagano and Toyspress.
Yeah, when I wrote the profile, I wrote the name as "Balance". He changed it to "Ballanche" in his editing. Ballanche is the name thats been in use for a long time even before the english translation came out and I think Tachyon is merely being consistant with what has come before.
The details of Makishi's conception is a bit off.
Meeth first alters her ovaries to produce eggs with information from Maximum 46 program preinstalled.
Plants eggs in Auxo.
Fertilization.
Meeth transfers a Fatima woumb in her body.
It takes 10 years for her body to adjust to the transplant. During this time, the fertilized egg is preserved outside of Auxo's body.
Meeth transfers the egg in to her body.
Hmmm...seems I got the order off a bit and I didn't know that it took 10 years for her body to adjust to the transplant. Other than that, I was pretty close right?
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:56 am

hitori wrote:
Tachyon wrote:I thought Patrasque Mirage was named after Patrasque Island.
It is named after the island.
But the spelling is off.
The Japanese is Pa-to-ra-ku-shi-eh.
So "Patrasque" is clearly off.
I personally haven't seen it written in alphabet anywhere except in the English versions and it's spelled "Patraqushie". (Eng vol 3, p 77)
Yep, in the english version its written as Patraqushie. I've seen it translated as Patraqshire. (just as Baruncha and Devoncha are often translated as Ballanshire and Devonshire) It is in my opinion that we should probably try to be consistant with the English version to avoid confusing new readers. Us veterans can argue about translation accuracy to our hearts content....(and I'm sure we will. Thats what fans do)
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:01 am

hitori wrote:Patragushie Mirage section:
I don't know if I'd say
ended the legacy of the most powerful mortar headd in the galaxy, the Knight of Gold
There are technically 5 KoG's.
KoG: Lachesis
KoG: AT
Auge Alsquul
Schpeltor
The WILL

We don't know what happens to all the MH's but we do know The WILL survives until the very end.
I was aware of all the KOG versions except The WILL. I didn't know that was considered a KOG variant!!! :shock:

I mention in the profiles of both the Schpeltor and the Auge that they were test-beds for the finalization of the KOG and their serial numbers identify them as KOG variants.
Nu Soard did a great job putting all these together without reading any Japanese.
Thanks Tachyon and Nu Soard.
This is a great work and it makes me recall all these additional information that could be added.
But most of them are pretty obscure and spoilerish so maybe in another time...
Thanks for the praise. As I mentioned on another thread, we're getting into territory that hasn't seen a lot of translation, so I'm going to need as much help as I can get from those of you who can read the Japanese or Chinese versions.
Fortunately, Mr Winsom has provided for us translations he did of material from Twin Towers so we're going to have fully fleshed out profiles on the Green Left Mirages, something I haven't seen anywhere else in English....
Shinei!

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:02 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Yep, in the english version its written as Patraqushie. I've seen it translated as Patraqshire. (just as Baruncha and Devoncha are often translated as Ballanshire and Devonshire) It is in my opinion that we should probably try to be consistant with the English version to avoid confusing new readers. Us veterans can argue about translation accuracy to our hearts content....(and I'm sure we will. Thats what fans do)
I have to disagree about the idea of keeping things consistent with the english version... since the english version so often runs contrary to widely established romanizations.

After all, isn't the Terror Mirage called the 'Telol Mirage' in some of the english volumes? I hardly think we want to start using Telol as the accepted spelling...

The Patraqshe name isn't as big a deal as the Terror/Telol thing... but still... Patraqushe is used all over the place with a lot of consistency. I guess you'd have to collect a lot of kits to know this but... Patraqushe is used very frequently on kit boxes. From various GK firms, not just one.

Plus if someone wants to run a google search, or search for kits on online sites... they're gonna need to use the Patraqushe spelling. Patraqushie won't be turning up much of anything on online model sites, nor will it bring up much of anything in google, etc.

Eh, just my thoughts on the matter...

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:06 am

Just out of curiousity, I tried a Google search on Patraqushie. I got 3 results.

I was asked... 'did I mean to spell Patraqushe?'

Well, I tried that... and Patraqushe brought up 699 results.

If we're trying to be helpful to new fans here, I think that's a good arguement for using the Patraqushe spelling.

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:51 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Yeah, when I wrote the profile, I wrote the name as "Balance". He changed it to "Ballanche" in his editing. Ballanche is the name thats been in use for a long time even before the english translation came out and I think Tachyon is merely being consistant with what has come before.
I take back my statement.
They have been keeping it consistent! :D
If you look at vol 11 and Knight Flags, there is both Ballanche and Ballance.
Maximum, Meeth, Lithium and Arsenic's name are Ballance.
And Chrome's name is Ballanche.
Both with two L's.
So they didn't forget that little story.

To sum it up,
Chrome Ballanche's original name was Chrome Eiz Fates Ballance XI.
When he left the family, he changed his name to Chrome Ballanche.
Hmmm...seems I got the order off a bit and I didn't know that it took 10 years for her body to adjust to the transplant. Other than that, I was pretty close right?
Yeah you are very close.
But the crucial difference is that the egg containing Maximum's info can't be from an artificial womb.
Chrome points this out in vol 10.
There in lies the delemma.
Egg has to mature in a human, but a normal human can't handle this baby.
That's why Meeth goes through all the complicated procedure.

You'll be able to see this better explained when you read it step by step as it will be shown in the English version corresponding to Vol X and XI.

PS. Yeah, I do know this is complete BS in our sciences.
But it's Nagano world...what can I say.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:37 am

Regarding Balance and Ballanche:

Balance (or Ballance バランス) is the family name of the Fates Dukedom. Everyone else, except Meeth Silver, uses this name.

Ballanche (バランシェ) - Chrome created this name when he left his dukedom. Only he and Meeth Silver uses this name.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding Max's names:
Different names for different occasions.

Fullname:
マキシマム・ハルトフォラス・バランスツェルフ・カイエン
Maximum HOLTFORSS Balance Kaien (バランスツェルフ = Balancetself? weird)

As 12th Duke of Fates:
蒔子(まきし)・アイツ・フェイツ・バランス・XII
Makishi Eiz Fates Balance XII

As Sword Saint:
剣聖蒔子(ときこ)
Sword Saint Tokiko (notice the same kanji used for the JP name but diff pronunciation)

Short name: Max (perhaps its Makishi in JP?)

As a project: Maximum (Chrome's 46th, Meeth's first)

As guardian of Taika: M.X.

Title as a god? ファーンドームの星王 literally Star King of Farndom (sp)

Seems like all great characters in FSS have lots of names... :D :roll:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)