Mortar Headd info for a Newbie

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Redcomet0093

Mortar Headd info for a Newbie

Post by Redcomet0093 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:51 pm

Can someone please post information and pictures on the Last Junchoon, Engage Octaver SR1, Calvary R, Engage Octaver SR3, Engage Octaver Mk-2, Clouds Schatze, The Empress Flame, Terror Mirage, Blood Temple, Patraqushie Mirage, Horned Mirage and the Berlin SR2 Delacroix?

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:36 am

Wow, that's a lot ... :?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:38 pm

Last Junchoon, Engage Octaver SR1, Calvary R, Engage Octaver SR3, Engage Octaver Mk-2, Clouds Schatze, The Empress Flame, Terror Mirage, Blood Temple, Patraqushie Mirage, Horned Mirage and the Berlin SR2 Delacroix
I've already got images for the Cloudsschatze, Empress Flame, A-Toll Scritti, Terror Mirage, Patrasque Mirage. I can scan the rest but I need time and info/profiles to go with them always help motivate me.

I've already got some great info that I will add to the FSS pages as soon as I get time (maybe this weekend).
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:41 pm

Mmh, hope you don't take that bad, but shouldn't you read the book before asking for a lot of infos ? :wink:

Well, I mean, have you read the manga ? Cuz' it gives many answers, well, basic answers at least, of course if you want the engine power output for each MH, armement, etc etc, of course you won't find everything in the manga, but in japanese (yaeh I know... :? ) in the artbooks.
ALso many answers from "us" will spoil you the story (though personnally it's not a problem, as stated in the manga, it's not the story that is so important, but the way it happens, or something like that).

Well I'm sure I must've been boring sometimes when I landed on WaxTrax a few years ago and I must've asked many questions (and I simply couldn't find a place to buy the manga, even on the internet), but the way you ask for so many infos and pictures is a bit weird IMHO, well not weird, but I mean, you'd better buy Knightflags and Smokewalls and you'll get all the pictures. :wink:
Though I understand that as many of the FSS fans here come from WaxTrax, we may not talk so much about infos we used to talk about a lot.

The infos pop up from time to time on this or that MH, when we have something new and related to it to talk about (ok, quite rare those days... :roll: )

Anyway, for some basic infos :
About the Junchoon, here's a recap' made (edit: lol, I had written "maid"... :P ) by Old Guy (is it you Kog on this board ? I don't recognize peoplz easily as english is not my native language at all^^), as there was a very active thread about this :
There are only 4 distinct Junchoon variations that have been seen so far. And correspondingly, only 4 distinct kit types.

#1 is the Junchoon Early/Junchoon First Sally

This is the guy that most resembles the L-gaim, this is the guy with the flight pack, this is the guy who shows up early in the manga and gets taken out by a Boowray.
(Note: Early Junchoon may also be referred to as an Engage series MH at some points)

#2 is the Junchoon we know best, usually just called Junchoon, also called Junchoon ODK, or Late Junchoon. This is the guy with the funny rear skirt armor, this is the guy who is rebuilt with Mirage series engines, this is the Junchoon done by WSC, this is the guy that enters the war against the Boowray fleet and gets smacked around by Vralgo's Siren.

#3 is the same exact MH as the one above, except the right shoulder is damaged, the torso is sliced open, and the head armor is knocked off, revealing the face underneath. This is the Junchoon that catches the KOG sword and takes out Vralgo. We call it Junchoon Real Face.

#4 is the very very last form the Junchoon will take. It is the form with all the angles and hard edges, made into a MM kit by volks and a 1/144 kit by... Wave was it? Or Kaiyodo. I can't recall. In any case, it's called Last Junchoon or Final Junchoon. This is the one that engages in a combat with KOG AT (and both are destroyed).
But I can't tell you if there was some internal modifications to the Last Junchoon specifically, I guess so, but I don't know which.

-Cloudschatze is one of the last MH built I think (later in 4100), it carries a buster launcher, and can transform (slightly) from robot pose to flight pose. Well it has a deformable armor, the tip on his head, as well as the wings in his back extend when he's in flight mod. Piloted by Rogner in 4100.

-Horned mirage was the flag MH of the AKD before the LED. THere was a whole fleet of it as can be seen during the wedding (well I guess that's related to Amaterasu and Lachesis wedding). I'm not suer, but it looks like its basic weapon is a scythe (or several kits depict it with a scythe).

-ABout the Engages, here's a resume made by Mark Weiss (also on this board under a pseudo ? 'can't remember XD) on waxtrax :
Old Guy: Not quite sure what you consider to be the "Original" Engage.
The first ever to show up in the Manga is of course the SR2 (Junchoon), which was also the first of the Engages to be made into a kit. (like way back in the 80's~)

If you are talking in terms of Joker time, Engage Octaver SR1 is the first to be made.
If you read a bit carefully, you'd have noticed that person commissioned the SR1 is Colus XXI, who is ummmm... way before Colus XXIII perhaps?

I'll explain the name changes. =)

SR1
: Colus XXI commissions Dr.Krupe to build a Royal MH
-> Dr.Krupe passes away before completion
-> Engage Octaver (completed by Dr.Xbin)
-> goes through remodeling by Dr.Neutral
-> Engage octaver SR1

Mk2
: Colus XXII commissions Dr.Xbin and Dr.Morard for an improved, more versatile version of Engage Octaver
-> Engage Octaver Mk2 completed (this one keeps her name all the way through)

SR2
: Colus XXIII tries his own hands on improving the Engage design
-> Junchoon: the First Sally Type completed
-> destroyed by Giero of Bwooray Mercenary Knights, Uricul dies
-> extensive redesign by Ladios Sopp (LED Mirage Engine #0037 installed)
-> Junchoon: Early completed
-> destroyed by Kentauri of Filmore, Colus XXIII dies
-> rebuilt, modified and sealed by Ladios Sopp
-> Junchoon: Late completed
-> Colux XXVI finds the hidden Royal MH
-> Remodeled into Junchoon ODK (Final Junchoon)
-> Destroyed by Upandla of AKD

SR3
: Sayly Colus takes her father's design to Dr.Neutral and commissions a new MH for her
-> Jade Temple completed (technically a Temple series, since it is a design by Dr.Neutral, but inherits the name of Engage due to design origin; hence the name Engage Octaver SR3)
-> Meisters of Colus fashions it to look like the Junchoon
-> Earns the Nickname of Sayly Junchoon
Last edited by Falk on Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:03 pm

Very informative post.
What you said about Redcomet was exactely what I wanted to say but I just didn't bother.
You're a much better person than I am. :)
Falk wrote:-ABout the Engages, here's a resume made by Mark Weiss (also on this board under a pseudo ? 'can't remember XD) on waxtrax :
That's me. :D
Thanks for saving this posting since I never kept back up copies of the great posts at the old Heika net WaxTrax, not even my own posts.

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:15 pm

Hi Falk,

Yup, I was Old Guy on the old Wax Trax/Heika.net message board. Seems like almost everyone used a different name when we migrated over here. :P

I agree with the comments re: redcomet... I think a little website browsing and google searching might be in order before making multiple posts which (seemingly) ask for info on half or more of the MH designs out there....

Wasn't there a site called Fatima Garden or something that had a lot of character and MH images?

Redcomet0093

Post by Redcomet0093 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:08 pm

Thats the thing I've been searching on google for so long and can't find any information or pictures I only ask if I can't find it. Maybe someone can tell me were to look online or were I can buy the books with the information and pictures in New York City or in Brooklyn New York I would be very grateful sorry for the inconvenience.
Last edited by Redcomet0093 on Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:36 pm

Just some touch-ups to the old post.
Man, I wrote that list in the 20th century, while I was still in college...

History of the Engage Series

SR1 (Series 1)
: Colus XXI commissions Dr. Mal Krupp* to build a Royal MH
-> Dr. Krupp passes away before completion
-> Engage Octaver completed by Dr. Rumiran Xbin
-> MH given to Prince of Melody house Harricone. Sword stoppers installed on arms because Harricone didn't use veils.
-> After Harricone's death at early age, remained with Melody until Arr flees with it during the destruction of Melody house
-> Per Arr Fortissimo Melody's request, it goes through remodeling by Dr.Neutral. Right sword stopper removed and a veil mount is placed on top of the left one.
-> Arr leaves Izumo Astro City and works for Hathuha. SR1**, along with Kaien's Schpelter becomes the two flag MHs of Hathuha.
-> After sacking of Capitol city Hathhant, SR1 and Arr fights to restore Hathuha

*Krupp probably named after Krupp Works, a WWII era munitions industry.
**I previously thought SR1 was a special name, but it turns out it is called that because it's the first in the series.
+ When one just says "the Engage" or SR1, it refers to this MH.

Mk2
: Since the Royal MH was given to House Melody, Colus XXII rearranges the Engage design with help from his friends Dr. Rumiran Xbin and Dr. Morard Carbyte. The result was an improved MH that remains the most versatile out of all Engage series. Ezlazer engine is the same as model used in Vatshu. Due to XXII's preferences, this MH is built more durable than the SR1.
-> MkII is given to the Meistner House
-> Elmera Colus sends Malory Viewlard HighArachi, fiance of Prince Iente Meistner***, along with this MH to support Sayly Colus.
-> But Malory teams up with Aisha Codante of Mirages instead

***Queen Meistner never married and Iente is an adopted son from a Meistner family.

SR2
: Colus XXIII builds a second unit of the Engage Octaver**** taking the after the original design. It was the number 2 machine of the same series, hence the name SR2. He only employed help from his Fatima Uricle and was taking his time building it. One can tell that it was more of a hobby for him by all the excess "toys" he wanted to attach to it. (Land booster, Piedoll Spire, etc) It wasn't really meant to be a battle ready optimal condition machine. Even the Ezlazer Engine was that of a Berlin series MH.
-> Colus-Haguda war begins and XXIII feels pressure to make SR2 battle ready
-> Junchoon First Sally Type completed (with Land booster)
-> Destroyed by Giero of Bwooray Mercenary Knights, Uricul dies
-> Extensive redesign by Ladios Sopp (pair of LED Super Ezlazer Engine 1051 #0037 installed) Called Junchoon Late version.
-> Destroyed by Kentauri of Filmore, Colus XXIII dies
-> rebuilt, modified and sealed by Ladios Sopp
-> Colux XXVI finds the hidden Royal MH
-> Remodeled into Final Junchoon with dual Fatima chambers for Clotho and Colus XXVI's own Fatima Delta Beluun. Clotho remains asleep until the final battle with Upandla.
-> Destroyed by Upandla of AKD

****I thought back then, that XXIII improved the SR1 design, but according to Knight Flags, he was only copying the original design and tinkering with it. It was a King's version of weekend garage project.

SR3
: Sayly Colus takes her father's design to Dr.Neutral and commissions a new MH for her. Technically a Temple series (Jade Temple), since it is a design by Dr.Neutral, but inherits the name of Engage due to design origin(Engage Octaver SR3). Sayly calls it Third, after her Father.
It says it should be about as powerful as the Mighty series according to Knight Flags.
From outside, this MH looks identical to SR2, even down to the coloring.

PS. This list is written only from memory. Please add more details or correct me if I made mistakes. Feel free to distribute or quote anywhere.

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:54 pm

Useless Trivia
Read if you want to gain some insight in to what kind of stuff Nagano has in his head when he writes his story and to learn some obsure information about FSS.

Dr. Mal Krupp's (pronounced Mal Kroop) family was a renowned MH Meight family, that sometimes gets referred to as Henschel Krupp.
They descend from those who used to build Machine Messiahs in the AD Century.
A person named Anomy Henschel Krupp is considered their founder.
Dr. Mal Krupp himself was a legend among MH Meights and was the best Meight in the mid-2000's.

The name Henschel Krupp comes from WWII of our world.
Henschel was a company that built Tiger II tanks, and Krupp was the company that built the cannons for that tank as well as for Tiger I.

An interesting history is that there are two versions of Tiger II tanks.
One built by Porche and one by the aformentioned Henschel.
Porche was so confident that they would get the contract for the second generation Tigers, they started production before the bidding.
When the contract was finally given to Henschel, the completed Porche chasses were bought by the Army anyways to not waste the materials and efforts.
So Krupp Works had to make special fittings for their turrets to accomodate Porche chasses.
The turrets with straight front panel are called Henshel Turret and the ones with rounded plating are called Porche Turret.

Deviating even farther from the topic, Tiger II is sometimes called KonigsTiger, or King Tiger. (ke-ni-his-tee-ger)
This is a mistake.
KonigsTiger was a nickname given to it by German arms ministry.
But the name sounded cool and it stuck.
And the English translation itself is wrong.
Konigstiger is in fact literally King-Tiger, but it refers to the Bengal tiger of Asian continent.

Back to topic.
Since the Henschel Krupp family had such a long history, it branched out to two main groups: namely Henschel and Krupp.
They each continued their tradition and produced incredible geniuses.

One of those is Lie Ex. (Lee Ex)
During its long history the Henschel house had merged in to Ex of Delta Beluun and had grown in to Atoweite Dukedom.
As you know Lie Ex was the cheif mechanic and engineer for the Mirage fleet and the assistant designer of the LED Mirage and Jagd Mirage.
Her role in the LED Mirage project was so great that when she died, the whole production had to be halted.
Especially for the Jagd, Lie has seen the project take shape since she was a baby.
Some of the original design notes have her drool stains on it.

From Krupp line, there is a young man named Liki Krupp who works for Filmore and participates in the development of Phantom and Siren variations.
So we may get to see him during the Madotaisen.

Lastly, I think this discussion came up before about Machine Messia AUGE.
AUGE's name is actually A.U.G.E. in initials.
It was explained that it stands for Anomy Unisoner for Greens Emperor.
Do you suppose Henschel Krupp family was involved ? :D
As I mentioned above, the family was founded by Anomy Henschel Krupp.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:51 pm

Now that is interesting. Thank you, hitori, for the insights into FSS and real history. Nagano has put a lot of thought into his world and it can make for interesting reading.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:26 pm

PS. This list is written only from memory. Please add more details or correct me if I made mistakes. Feel free to distribute or quote anywhere.
Excellent. I will definately use this as a guide when writing up the profiles on the Engage series.

I've written up pretty much all the MH's that I know the information for. From this point forward, we're getting into Plastic Style and Knight Flags, which I can't read, so I'm going to need a lot of help with the profiles for the MH's and characters in those books.
Shinei!

LaughingMan

Post by LaughingMan » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:35 am

Here are some stuff I also saved from Waxtrax which I cut and pasted. I did some editing to the original posts so it be readable for myself later. But its stuff written by various persons I believe (but mostly came from Mark Weiss, i believe)
<deleted>
#1 is the Junchoon Early/Junchoon First Sally

This is the guy that most resembles the L-gaim, this is the guy with the flight pack, this is the guy who shows up early in the manga and gets taken out by a Boowray.
(Note: Early Junchoon may also be referred to as an Engage series MH at some points)

#2 is the Junchoon we know best, usually just called Junchoon, also called Junchoon ODK, or Late Junchoon. This is the guy with the funny rear skirt armor, this is the guy who is rebuilt with Mirage series engines, this is the Junchoon done by WSC, this is the guy that enters the war against the Boowray fleet and gets smacked around by Vralgo's Siren. (ODK stands for October Destroyed Kid.but since it uses the Mirage Engines, so in the record of Mirage machines, serial# 37 is called "Judgement Mirage")

#3 is the same exact MH as the one above, except the right shoulder is damaged, the torso is sliced open, and the head armor is knocked off, revealing the face underneath. This is the Junchoon that catches the KOG sword and takes out Vralgo. We call it Junchoon Real Face.

#4 is the very last form the Junchoon will take. It is the form with all the angles and hard edges, made into a MM kit by volks and a 1/144 kit by... Wave was it? Or Kaiyodo. I can't recall. In any case, it's called Last Junchoon or Final Junchoon. This is the one that engages in a combat with KOG AT (and both are destroyed).

Empress Flame = Empress Addler 2997
Blue Armor = Blue Knight
Siren Native Country Custom = Siren Filmore Empire Use
A Toll BS = A Toll Swans
KOG Water Dragon = Schpeltor Water Dragon
Black Guard = Black Knight
LED Raid Gig = LED v3
Cross Mirage = Calvaly C
Heavy Vatshu = Black Knight 3
Junchoon ODK and Final = Judgement Mirage
Atasuki Hime = LED B4 = Mighty Series Alpha
Izaguchi Maru = LED Bubirons = Mighty Series Beta
Suio Maru = Hydra Mirage = Mighty Series Gamma
Knight of Gold = Destiny Mirage
Bang Doll = S.S.I. Kobalkan = Symbol of Kobalkan
Cormals = Branzi
Heavy Vatshu = Black Knight 3

Form 1 is the original, called Engage Sr2 by some, and more commonly known as Early Junchoon or Junchoon First Sally.

Form 2 is the modified version with Mirage engines from Sopp. Usually just called Junchoon, but also called Junchoon ODK or Late Junchoon.

Form 3 is just the Form 2 with it's head armor knocked off, this is the one we call Junchoon Real Face.

Form 4 is the rebuilt version that duels to the death with KOG AT, it is called Final Junchoon or Judgement Mirage.
Last edited by LaughingMan on Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:50 am

LaughingMan,

Thanks for saving these articles, but please delete everything between the starred lines. (************ lines)
Those two sections were written by me and they are mostly wrong.