Depre Zen Atoll, the son of Jabo Beat and Douglas Kaien

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

LaughingMan

Depre Zen Atoll, the son of Jabo Beat and Douglas Kaien

Post by LaughingMan » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:47 am

I can understand why his sister Magdall is accorded special treatment.
But why is Depre treated like a prince ?

elemental

Re: Depre Zen Atoll, the son of Jabo Beat and Douglas Kaien

Post by elemental » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:17 am

LaughingMan wrote:I can understand why his sister Magdall is accorded special treatment.
But why is Depre treated like a prince ?
Possibly because of Kaien's status as most kick-arse knight in the galaxy? Not to mention he is a living legacy from the super empire (which is exactly why Magdoll is special).

Depre "inherited" MH Empress (along with Concord) from Jabo. I don't think he would inherit such an important MH purely because his mother was using it. Ownership of The Empress would make Depre the next Neadle Chevalier i.e. representative of Mugumica. I assume he would have her full endorsement in that position, and would indeed be treated like royalty.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:35 pm

That is absolutely correct.

Not only that, however I also believe that the "Twins" were officially adopted by Megumica or her family as both Magdall and Depre posses the surename of "Atoll". I do believe that Depre eventually becomes the king of the Atoll Dynasty. Currently in the tale, Magdall is considered a princess (and heir to the position of Shaman) and Depre is considered a prince of the Atoll Dynasty.

Even if they weren't adopted, they would still be considered the highest level of royalty in Atoll because they are the grandchildren of Skinzu and princess Vatshu of the Farus Die Kanon Empire. The royal families of Atoll, Fillmore and Amaterasu directly descend from Farus Die Kanon royalty, so Magdall and Depre posses the purest royal blood in the galaxy.
Shinei!

elemental

Post by elemental » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:48 am

It's all in the Bloodlines...