Kit price/release date info request

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

KOG

Kit price/release date info request

Post by KOG » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:26 pm

Hi all,

I'm working on building a new webpage for all my modeling-related stuff, and I'm hoping to note down info such as price, release date, etc for all my finished kits. I've been able to find some of the info I need by checking sites like HLJ and Toyspress Factories page, but info on a few kits is eluding me.

Anyone know the original price and release date for:
Volks SSS Cross Mirage Male Type
Volks SSS Apache
Volks SSS LED Mirage Amaterasu
Volks SAV Siren F

And actually, for future reference, price/release date info for all kits in the SSS line would be extremely helpful. No site really seems to list the info for the SSS series.

I'm thinking Happy Hopping was tracking this info at some point?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:22 pm

I wouldn't know about the infos for SSS kits but I do remember SAV Siren F was priced at 19800yen, as for the year, I'm thinking 98? Not 100% sure of the year but the price was set at 19800yen.

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:40 pm

Sheizzel wrote:I wouldn't know about the infos for SSS kits but I do remember SAV Siren F was priced at 19800yen, as for the year, I'm thinking 98? Not 100% sure of the year but the price was set at 19800yen.
Thanks for the price info.

I actually need month and year for the release dates. :)

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:46 pm

Wow...getting down to the month would be more difficult. I guess the only way to find out is by flipping through very old issues of hobby magazines and even that may not be the exact month of the actual release?

happy hopping

Re: Kit price/release date info request

Post by happy hopping » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:42 am

KOG wrote:
Anyone know the original price and release date for:
Volks SSS Cross Mirage Male Type
Volks SSS Apache
Volks SSS LED Mirage Amaterasu
Volks SAV Siren F

And actually, for future reference, price/release date info for all kits in the SSS line would be extremely helpful.

I'm thinking Happy Hopping was tracking this info at some point?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
And I'm still tracking it. The problem is Hobby Japan, I can't understand their management. They devoted 3 HJ Ex on the subject during the AF, SSS time frame and yet, when it comes to their magazine, there is hardly any coverage on the earlier kits, in particular the SSS series. Quite a contradiction.

Volks SSS Cross Mirage Male Type--Fall 93, 9800 yen

Volks SSS Apache--Nov 94, 14800 yen

Volks SSS LED Mirage Amaterasu-- which one? There are 2 or 3 of them, isn't it?

There is the Aug 92, LED Mirage Joker 3100 ver. at 9800 yen. This is on page 101 of your MH saga book.

There is the July 95, LED mirage 1/72 at 39800 yen, but I don't know if the construct is SSS or not? Who can tell me? It's rel. at the time frame when SSS pops out.

There is the Jan 94, LED Mirage, Full Equipment Ver. at 14800 yen.

Volks SAV Siren F--Sept 1998, 19800 yen.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

KOG

Re: Kit price/release date info request

Post by KOG » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:39 pm

happy hopping wrote: Volks SSS LED Mirage Amaterasu-- which one? There are 2 or 3 of them, isn't it?

There is the Aug 92, LED Mirage Joker 3100 ver. at 9800 yen. This is on page 101 of your MH saga book.

There is the July 95, LED mirage 1/72 at 39800 yen, but I don't know if the construct is SSS or not? Who can tell me? It's rel. at the time frame when SSS pops out.

There is the Jan 94, LED Mirage, Full Equipment Ver. at 14800 yen.
I don't have my copy of MH Saga in front of me right now, but I don't think it's any of the LEDs you mentioned.

It looks like this:
http://kog.gq.nu/images/volks_sss_led_m ... terasu.jpg

It's specifically called Super Spirits Series LED Mirage Amaterasu and it's based on the design of the 1/35 LED (has many similar details).

I think it actually is shown in MH Saga... it's the LED that has one pic, and there are 2 copies of the kit side-by-side: one kit is painted in normal LED colors, and the other copy is painted in faded/yellowed-out versions of the LED colors.

Thanks for the information on all the other kits Happy!

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:58 pm

Then it is this one:

Aug 92, LED Mirage Joker 3100 ver. at 9800 yen

which is the one you mentioned on Saga p. 101.

And you're welcome.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

when you buy a pet:

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:12 pm

You know, it's strange. MH Saga clearly lists the kit as LED Mirage Joker 3100. But I went back and looked at the construction manual for the kit, and the kit is clearly called LED Mirage Amaterasu.

I think maybe MH Saga is in error, since it lists the 2 different kits on the same page as both being LED Mirage Joker 3100.

yp

Post by yp » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:13 pm

KOG wrote:You know, it's strange. MH Saga clearly lists the kit as LED Mirage Joker 3100. But I went back and looked at the construction manual for the kit, and the kit is clearly called LED Mirage Amaterasu.

I think maybe MH Saga is in error, since it lists the 2 different kits on the same page as both being LED Mirage Joker 3100.
Hi KOG,

hmm, I don't know. Although my Japanese aren't that good, I think the saga book does list it as a separate kit. I think it states that the Amaterasu version as a modification of the joker 3100 ver. If you look at the back of the book, they have lists of the all the kits that are released at the time. they have separate entries for them (both priced at 9800yen) with different sculptors. Only the amaterasu ver is listed as SSS.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:57 pm

yp wrote:hmm, I don't know. Although my Japanese aren't that good, I think the saga book does list it as a separate kit. I think it states that the Amaterasu version as a modification of the joker 3100 ver. If you look at the back of the book, they have lists of the all the kits that are released at the time. they have separate entries for them (both priced at 9800yen) with different sculptors. Only the amaterasu ver is listed as SSS.
Hm, thanks!

That actually makes sense. I did notice in MH Saga that both kits were listed as LED Mirage Joker 3100, but different sculptors were listed. I think Ikushima was listed for the first one? And someone else mentioned for the 2nd. So LED Mirage Amaterasu is just a LED Mirage Joker 3100 with some alterations made. It's all making sense now...

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:15 am

At Saga, the top half of that page is definitely Takehiko work. But I can't read what it says at the top left corner of the description where it seems to say that "something is following the AF format".

That Takehiko LED mirage has a flat "II" at the MH's right shoulder. I don't think that is a SSS series LED mirage.

The bottom half is SSS series which is sculpted by Kazuhiro Akabane. That SSS has the embossed "I" at the MH's right shoulder.

In the rel. mth. of Aug 92, only Kazuhiro Akabane is mentioned, not Takehiko, and only the bottom half of that page on Saga is shown back in Aug 92, not the top half.

when you buy a pet:

Adopt a pet