Real mechas?

Mecha in the here and now

Moderator: kosh

ShinDVDz

Real mechas?

Post by ShinDVDz » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:02 am

Well, with this, we become one step closer to mechas and killing each other in style.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/get ... 0518f2.htm

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:48 am

I had seen photos before but this article has given me much better information. Thanks!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:38 am

wow! awesome!

Looks more like MechWarrior rather than Gundam tho. I wanna see a video clip of it in motion! Wondering if its movements are smooth?

interesting article. thanks ;)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Temjin

Post by Temjin » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:36 am

ah... something silly about it. The link you can find video for it.

http://www.sakakibara-kikai.co.jp/products/other/LW.htm

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:48 pm

A tad slow - but any news is good news on the mecha front - the guy in canada i think it was seems to have stalled a little in his endeavours.

Its always going to come down to the control mechanism for mecha in my opinion - and that is a big old issue - just think not of the mechanical aspect or the computer software but just how would you want the vehicle to move?

Would you prefer anolgue controls - that increment as much as you push them or a throttle or maybe even a gear system or just a plain old feedback input system that calculates what you `intended` into actual movement? When you consider the possibles it becomes quite difficult to actually decide which method would be a) practical b) cool.

Just sitting in a mecha and hitting third gear with your foot to the floor would in my eyes be as dull as driving a bus - plus what happens when it comes to jumping and turning - are the legs dealt with by software as a single system that senses floor height, strength and friction and calculates the outcome for you or would you prefer more seat of your pants piloting? Sorry to babble but I think about this stuff too much (clearly) :oops:

ax_maxwell

my design

Post by ax_maxwell » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:33 am

I am working with the rest of my company to design our own, but it goes nowhere cuz i do all the work.