Nagano's new anime studio

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue May 10, 2005 10:30 am

happy hopping wrote:Isn't Maria an Italian name? Why would a Japanese has an Italian name?
Actually Maria can be a Japanese name. You can use their "alphabet" to make it with either katakana or hiragana. I have a friend who is Japanese named Kuwamuri Maria (Which was creepy when I read that Nagano's wife's professional name was so similar.) though it's pronounced a bit differently since the Japanese language does not differentiate between the "L" and "R" sounds. And their "F's" sounds like an exhaled breath.

Because it is a Japanese name, hiragana can be used to write it out. However, katakana is used when a word is undeniably foreign. I can't remember why, but it's not appropriate to use hiragana spellings on a non-Japanese word. So say, if you're name is Kyle if you're male or Regina if you're female, hiragana cannot be used to spell those out. Katakana is the correct form to use. This goes for all foreign words, not just names.

If you want to learn more, this is an interesting site. http://www5.big.or.jp/~otake/hey/fude00.htm

There are quite a few inbetween names such as Naomi, Mari/y, Elle/Eri and the likes, so Maria-type names are not all that uncommon. If you already know these things, that's alright too, I'll post anyway. Some people might find it interesting.

Disclaimers = I'm not an expert on the language. It was one of my native languages (I had 3) but I've long since unconciously forgotten most of it.

S

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue May 10, 2005 4:20 pm

cobywan wrote:She still looks good to me. I don't quite know if you were trying to infer that she doesn't.
I agree with Coby here.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat May 28, 2005 6:45 pm

EDIT webpage updated again. In less than one month? :o

I'm not sure if i missed any previous updates? The last one was Focuslight right?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun May 29, 2005 6:22 pm

Ooooh.

The update includes new info on the Eleshis!

We now have some basic stats on it:

15.3 Meters tall
132 tons.

Funny. I thought it would be lighter than that! (I was thinking less than 120)
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon May 30, 2005 1:39 am

Trying to translate, pardon my crappy language skills :oops:

MH Eleshis

Not yet appeared in the main story.

Qukey brought along this MH when she joined the Mirage Knights, afterwhich Amaterasu gave this MH a thorough re-construction and even its appearance is different now. The Mirage Knights who entered Hathuha during the Magic War did so as individuals, not as representives of FEMC. Therefore, the Mirage Mark and number were removed, likewise for the MH Eleshis. After the elaborate re-construction done by Amaterasu, the Eleshis' spec is now at the Mirage Machines' level.

Eleshis can carry the Biralkema Laser Machine Gun Unit, and it can also fill in the role of a support to the J Type Hunter Weapon (Jagd Mirage). When carrying the Biralkema, it can be called Rouge Mirage ( :shock: what the... ).

It is obvious from the last name of Qukey that she is in fact the president of Zanda City. The couple, Qukey and Bradford, together with Zanda City Syndicate, collects information in Hathuha. Eleshis' coloring has changed to grey.

Height 15.9m
Weight 132 t
Power output: Similar to G Type Mirage (Terror Mirage??)
Looking for:

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon May 30, 2005 4:21 am

Thanks for the information, guys. And an extra "thank you" to Rubel. Translation is difficult and definitely not fun. Thanks for doing that, Rubel.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:22 pm

Slightly new update to the site. A new book is coming out, can't wait!!!

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:40 pm

Sheizzel wrote:Slightly new update to the site. A new book is coming out, can't wait!!!
A new FSS art book?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:49 pm

KOG wrote:
Sheizzel wrote:Slightly new update to the site. A new book is coming out, can't wait!!!
A new FSS art book?
Yep, looks that way. The book is named F.S.S. Designs 1 Easter-A.K.D. and will be releasing in September.

While I can't read what it was stated as the description for this book, it does mention something about new infos for Vol.12? Correct me if I'm wrong :P .

Maybe someone who can read it can help us out on this :D .

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:21 am

Sounds like some kind of design summary book... showing all the designs (so far) for FEMC and AKD.

Doesn't sound like it will be a lot of new material...

Wait and see I guess.
Sheizzel wrote:
KOG wrote:
A new FSS art book?
Yep, looks that way. The book is named F.S.S. Designs 1 Easter-A.K.D. and will be releasing in September.

While I can't read what it was stated as the description for this book, it does mention something about new infos for Vol.12? Correct me if I'm wrong :P .

Maybe someone who can read it can help us out on this :D .

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:56 pm

Hmmm. I'va always wanted to see Nagano's 'work in progress' designs for his MH's. Kind of a 'art of FSS'.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:46 am

To be released: Late Sep
Tentatively: 192 pages all color

Consisting of illustrations, cel art, design art of Characters, MHs, etc about 300 pictures, and new, yet to be published artwork about 40. Includes chara and updated info from the 12 FSS volumes, such as Amaterasu, his family, Mirage Knights, AKD, the gods, Divers para guild, Mechas include KOG, LED Mirage, Jagd Mirages etc.

This is the first book of the series. 2940yen [$-fly]

Also... JP vol 12 planned to be released before end of the year. :roll:
Looking for:

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:30 am

Juz found out that the Type-G is actually the Cross Mirage, but not too sure if this is referring to all Cross Mirages or specifically the new design for the Majestic Stand. It is said that the Cross Mirage has "combat capability in all environment", a "Hyper Strato Weapon", "Tactical Explusion Weapon". The new Mirage member WeisWis (Mirage Left 12) brought the MH into Hathuha.

The Cross Mirage is a property of the Amaterasu Family, so other than Amaterasu himself, Laki and Ikaruga have control over it.
Looking for:

errol

Post by errol » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:54 pm

Just noticed, new charactor on website. Well I don't know if she is new because I can't read. But there is still action on the website. If someone who can translate can take a look that would be cool.

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:35 pm

Yeah I've been checking the site from time to time as well.

Maybe that is one of the new designs that will be in the new book?