Hello everyone

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

MSW

Hello everyone

Post by MSW » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:16 am

Just discovered this place :D Been wishing for a website like this for quite some time...

I'm a huge Fajita fan, as well as a fan of Nagano, Oobari, and all the other covered on the main page...

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/vie ... uid=549075

That is a link to some of my own mecha designs, please have a look :D I design a lot of transformable mecha and Fujita is a huge influence (so to are Nagano, Oobarii, and many others)...However most of those images are pretty old, and if I get some time I will add some new ones up there.

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:56 am

Welcome to Gears on line MSW and I have to say you've got some great looking designs.Tachyons site here is just starting to grow,but he has,IMO,the best Gundam Sentinel section anywhere as well as Crossbone Gundam and several others,so enjoy yourself and again welcome.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:02 pm

Welcome, MSW, to Gears Online. I just had a look at your art page and I really like it. When I get back from work today I'm going to put a link to it in the links area of this message board so more people can see it.

I'd like to see more of your art and get some descriptions from you on the art you've already posted up. Tell me more about your Pirate ship and Tank.

If you could provide me with more information on Fujita Kazumi I would really appreciate it. I would like to fill out his info on the Designers Page. When I was putting the Designers Page together I wasn't able to get much info on him.

I'm glad you like Nagano's work. When the Gundam Sentinel section is complete I'm going to put up some designs from Five Star Stories.

Welcome to our little community and hope to hear more from you.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

MSW

Post by MSW » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:42 pm

As for the pirate ship it was just the result of some doodleing. The tank was sort of a redesign of and inspired by the tank in the old NES video game Blaster Master...Both drawings are rather old, and the most recent one on that page is the redesigned Robotech mecha which dates back to around 2001 :P

As for Fujita, I don't know a whole lot...He worked on Zeta Gundam (the "Hyper" Zeta Gundam, Pallas Athene, Gabthy, Messala, and Nemo are all credited to him), did designs for the gundam side story Tyrant-Sword, he worked on the Macross II OVA series (he is listed in the credits, but strangely only Ohata is credited in the artbooks...I'm pretty certain Fujita is largely resposeable for the VF-2SS and had a role in the design of the VF-2J...those designs share a lot of Fujitas styleistic touches)...Fujita also designed the mecha on the Japanese PSX video game QuoVadis, and the last credited work I know of was his work on King of Braves Gao Gai Gar (the artbook "all that GGG" has a couple of pages of his concept art...he seems largely to blame for the rather squat and bulky look of the main GaoGaiGar mecha as well as some of the styleistic touches)...And thats about all I know, I really wish there was an Fujita artbook or he had an website.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:53 pm

Thanks for the info! I've added some info to his credits on the Designers Page. I think I can find a decent Messala image to scan this weekend. Any other information on this designer would be appreciated. I need to track down the proper kanji characters to use for his name.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Temjin

Post by Temjin » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:44 am

Welcome onboard MSW, and the works in your site look great. I'm Looking forward to see some new works from you. :)