Volks 1/100 Last Junchoon, finished^^

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

yp

Volks 1/100 Last Junchoon, finished^^

Post by yp » Mon May 16, 2005 4:56 am

hi guys,

well... it is finished, finially. I think I started on this kit at about early March... Although it has been sitting on my work bench for the past two months, it is finially finished.

During that time, I was almost about half way done with the painting but accidently tipped lacquer thinner over the parts while rinsing the airbrush. Most of the parts were ruined, and this kind of turned me off a bit. Anyhow, I am glad it's done. Won't work on a white-color MH/MS forawhile, though :?

The last picture is with the early Junchoon kit that I built a couple of years ago... Enjoy the pics~

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon May 16, 2005 9:23 am

Hi yp,

Nice to see your newly finished project :D . I'm sure others including myself knows how it is to have something gone wrong with a kit and decide to put it aside for later>_<.

I think the shaded/weathered look suits Last Junchoon perfectly because of the Ending Scene battle with KOG AT.

The only suggestion I can make is the fatima cockpit. I think it could have looked better if the blue was darker, like navy? Then again, I haven't finished one of my own so I know nothing :P . Still, I enjoy looking at your Last Junchoon, definitely one of my favorite MHs.

Any ideas for your next project?

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Mon May 16, 2005 3:21 pm

awesome :shock: man. you did a very good job. I really like it.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

yp

Post by yp » Mon May 16, 2005 8:47 pm

Thanks guys.

I am not sure what I would build next... I purchased a recast kit of Empress a while ago. I may tackle that one. Or perhaps ones with colored bodies suchas Terror or any Sirens.

I was a bit surprised how small/thin the body parts are on the Empress.
I am curious if the size shrank too much from an original...

Anyhow, Sheizzel, I saw your Hi-Nu at other forums... The kit must be quite impressive. Is your Prominece on hold?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon May 16, 2005 9:00 pm

Yep, the Prominence has been on hold and will continue to be for a while :? . I ran out of white primers to go with it and instead of getting another batch from Japan I spent my modeling fund on other kits from YahooJapan :D . I still have some gray primers to work with so I'll use it toward other kits.

I am currently assembling the Hi-Nu for fun. Due to the weight of the parts, it is stability problems which I hope to find a way to fix. It has impressive in terms of detailing and size, but nothing beats a Mortar Headd :P .

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Mon May 16, 2005 11:30 pm

Is the above 1/100 or that new 1/144 from the wonder fest?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue May 17, 2005 5:57 am

Lol, the title said Volks 1/100.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue May 17, 2005 5:56 pm

:D :D

Funny. I totally missed that.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

jlyc

Post by jlyc » Wed May 18, 2005 3:26 am

nice. i really like how you're not afraid to weather your MH's.

i guess you're getting the 'white mecha syndrome' as well? i too am tired of painting white mechas...but dammit....why do most of the mechs i like have to be white? :twisted: