Nagano's new anime studio

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

errol

Post by errol » Tue May 03, 2005 8:35 pm

Hey everyone. Good news. I went to Edit's web site today and noticed that the site has changed. While I was digging around I noticed that they some sort of advertisement for japanese vol. 12. Maybe Nagano is not giving up on FSS contrary to things posted on Gears. I for one think that is great news, at least that he is still making progress. Maybe vol.11 english version will come out soon. Another thought of mine is that if Edit is an animation studio, he sure is putting a lot of time and web space real estate on FSS which could mean good things in the future. Possibly with all his experience with Brain Powered and Schell Bullet, he plans on sprinkling some of new found magic into his works. I don't know, but at least he isn't posting any new projects other than FSS on there. Encouraging to me. :D

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue May 03, 2005 9:30 pm

Thanks for the update. Yes, the site has changed and there is plenty of support there for FSS fans. Nagano will not leave us behind!

This encourages me to look forward to future FSS anime. Even more exciting than that is the idea of a Characters 12. Yay!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue May 03, 2005 9:43 pm

I have no fear of Nagano abandoning FSS any time soon. He takes breaks when he needs them. He even changes the tone of the manga to fit his current mood or the current trend in Manga/Anime, but he doesn't abandon his world or his fans.

It'll probably be at least a year before we see volume 12 or the next Characters book. Maybe even longer before he gets back to doing the serial in Newtype, but he will eventually get back to it.

In the meantime, I'm curious to know what he's up to in that new studio of his....designs for a new anime project? Working with some video game company? Hot sex with his hot wife?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed May 04, 2005 4:46 am

Thanks for the update.

I, too, don't think Nagano's gonna give up FSS entirely. Juz that he wants to take a break from it. Maybe indulge in some of his MANY other interests such as music, games, animation, baby-making... oopps :oops:

[Gossip] Hey, they've been married for quite some time now, isn't it time to have kids? :oops:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed May 04, 2005 5:51 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Hot sex with his hot wife?
I think I've heard you say something like this before.

What's your fixation with Kawamura Maria? Eh? :twisted:

Click here for Photo

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed May 04, 2005 11:06 pm

hitori wrote:
Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Hot sex with his hot wife?
I think I've heard you say something like this before.

What's your fixation with Kawamura Maria? Eh? :twisted:

Click here for Photo
Hey! The first time I saw a pic of Maria Kawamura (way, way back in the day) she was looking damned fine.

I have no interest in your doctored attempt at making her look terrible!

Leave Lachesis alone!
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri May 06, 2005 12:12 am

Tadaaaaam !

I'm back, and all my datas too (my main HDD crashed a few weeks ago... My most important datas (like the Phantom) are backed up, but the not-so-important datas were not, and losing it would've bothered me anyway... Also I needed another HDD to try to back up the other one, and as I'm not really in a budget :roll: it took some time... Well, if any of you have a disk crash (attention please : I'm talking about an informatic crash (ie boot virus, format by mistake, lost partition...) not a PHYSICAL crash, in this case, the only solution AFAIK are very expensive (about a thousand $), well, in case of an informatic crash, "Handy Recovery" found everything and restored it, really fast, were the other software I tried failed miserably...)

Back on topic, great to see some news on the FSS side, but I was just wondering about the copyright.
Amongst the new pages is a-brand-new-still-mint-on-server-page about copyright, written in 4 languages (*starts an inquiry to ask why there is no french in there*).
And I remember when I got into FSS (3-4, maybe 5 years ago), that "copyright toyspress" was often mentionned on kits pictures for instance, while no one bothers writing "copyright ducati" or "copyright lamborghini" on a ducati or lamborghini website.
So just to ask Tachyon if he thinks the site is okay. Well it would be a shame to see everything shut down because of an eventual official inquiry (quote from the page : "if such is found in a product or a website, please contact the Kadokawa Shoten Newtype editorial department"), while Gears took the flag after Heika as one of the only bastion left for the protection of FSS in the rest of the world (and as of now, no oil corporate has drilled in... euh... sorry, I mixed two different subjects :P )
Of course its never the same between having the pictures on the screen and in a book you can hold in your hand, but the page says it all. Well, more than the artwork for each descriptions, maybe the newtype scans may cause problems.
Well on one hand, the authors "have to" respect their fans for keeping the stuff alive (particularly in FSS case I guess), but sometimes the authors and the fans have a different opinion on where to draw the line between fan-ism and copyright infringement.
Well, I don't know maybe an "official letter" from gears to edit (or newtype or whatever) could define clear rules on what to do and what not to do, to prevent any problem (and lets hope not to accelerate a demand on their side to remove some content :wink: )

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri May 06, 2005 5:17 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote: Hey! The first time I saw a pic of Maria Kawamura (way, way back in the day) she was looking damned fine.

I have no interest in your doctored attempt at making her look terrible!

Leave Lachesis alone!
Aww, hitori must've destroyed Nu's impression of her... :twisted:

now for some nicer shots... hard to believe its the same person. :)

http://img156.echo.cx/img156/9040/mariakawamura9aa.jpg
http://img156.echo.cx/img156/9084/maria ... ack8ry.jpg

As for the copyright thing, i dunno - it might backfire if Gears actually sent a letter to EDIT, and we'll end up with nothing. It's like looking for trouble ourselves... :?
Looking for:

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Fri May 06, 2005 1:34 pm

He's not worthy.

Well...

Maybe he is. But, damn she's fine.

errol

Post by errol » Fri May 06, 2005 2:31 pm

Holy smokes, that's his wife!! I can't speak for eveyone, but I would have a hard time focusing on FSS with her around. And now for me I have a picture to go with that sexy vioce. FSS is doomed. :shock:

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun May 08, 2005 5:49 pm

hmm, u guys seen this yet? I believe it's been online for quite a few years already

http://www.toyspress.co.jp/MARIA/photo/index.html

Hey, wait a minute! Are we sidetracking too far?! :oops:
Looking for:

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun May 08, 2005 7:56 pm

Alright...
I'm going to say one final thing on this matter and drop it altogether.

Photoshop can make anyone look nice. :D

Here are some fairly recent photos of her taken during AnimeExpo 2002.
http://uranime.nekomusume.net/scrapbook ... y21.iphtml

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Tue May 10, 2005 5:52 am

She still looks good to me. I don't quite know if you were trying to infer that she doesn't.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue May 10, 2005 6:06 am

Rubel Colus wrote:Aww, hitori must've destroyed Nu's impression of her... :twisted:

now for some nicer shots... hard to believe its the same person. :)

http://img156.echo.cx/img156/9040/mariakawamura9aa.jpg
http://img156.echo.cx/img156/9084/maria ... ack8ry.jpg
Wait, Maria Kawamura is his wife? those 2 pic. doesn't look remotely close to the pic of his wife that I saw years ago in ?? magazine (don't remember which magazine)

Is Maria Kawamura his only wife, as in his first & only wife?

Isn't Maria an Italian name? Why would a Japanese has an Italian name?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

ro3159

Post by ro3159 » Tue May 10, 2005 6:29 am

Maria Kawamura is screen-name. Real name is Shigeyo Nagano.