Crossbone Gundam, Anyone?

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:56 pm

Now there are only three. I screencap profile then merge them with paint.

I would make more soon.

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:45 pm

Oh, nice, so you use the emulator to play eh? My PC sucks too much for me to run one, I wanted them so that I could make sprites.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:57 am

Good stuff as always Tachyon.Crossbone Gundam looks more interesting than I first thought,hey by the way,when do you plan to finish the Sentinel section?With all the great images you have for the other gundams from sentinel I've been itching to see the Z Plus images you have.Wink,wink,nudge,nudge :)
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:38 am

Yeah, kosh, the Sentinel section really needs to be completed. Every day people visit Gears Online as a result of Sentinel searches and having the site unfinished is becoming embarrassing.

A few more images and Crossbone will be finished. Then I take an evening or 2 to edit Mechanical Specimen's 2 additions to the Designers Page. Then everything will be put on hold until the Z plus pages are completed.

There is a wealth of images for the Z plus A1 and C1 but when you look at the others you have precious few images to work with. I'm fortunate to have picked up an issue of Dengeki Hobby that has model photos for the C4 and D variants.

But, man. When the Sentinel section is finished I'm going to take a Gundam break. An MSV section would be fun but I don't want this site to develop tunnel vision.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Kuruni

Addition

Post by Kuruni » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:59 am

Here are two more,for Crossbone X-2(include modified version.) and Crossbone X-3.
http://www.thai.net/kuruni/usage/cb2.jpg
http://www.thai.net/kuruni/usage/cb3.jpg

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:04 pm

Nice, X2 and X2 kai dont have much difference though. X2kai just lost the core booster so they attached a new thruster which looks bigger but gives out pretty much the same energy as the one before(this is because of Jupitor Empire's lack of technolog). Also, since it lost the Core Booster there is not way for the pilot to escape.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:40 pm

The Crossbone Gundam section is done and linked into the Gundam page. Special thanks to khalahaley.

There may be some more images to add later but we'll see.

J-lead

Post by J-lead » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:49 am

kosh wrote:Yes it does,thanks for the info.I don't know where I got F95 from,was there an F95 Gundam?
There is a F95 Gundam Formula 95 (Pic)http://www.figure.fm/post/5244/Gundam%20f95/

It non-canonical though, just an original design that made it to model kit status. Though it could pass for an inclusion in the timeline. I've read somewhere that it was a limited production version of the F90 designed for use by Federal special forces and it only saw production of 6 units (or so.) But don't take my word for it, I only read that from a translated japanese site. I have no idea if that's what the F95 really was. That particular japanese fansite had a fanfic depicting a team of F95s hunting down Crossbone Vanguard remnants that smuggled their suits down to earth shortly after the movie F91, like a few months after it or something. (It was hard to understand since it was a rough translation, but that's what I was able to pick up.)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:18 am

You seem quite knowledgable about Gundam. Have you ever written profiles for mobile suits?

J-lead

Post by J-lead » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:01 am

I'm a UC enthusiast, I guess. I don't really know much about the other universes.

Well, like I said, the F95 isn't an official mobile suit according to the canon timeline. It's just a good idea that would fit nicely if you wanted it to. (besides, what happened to F92-8? That helps explain one of the missing links.)

I'm writing a 0079 fanfic called Gundam JACKAL. I'm still working on character profiles and canonical errors at the time, but if you want, I'll post what I've got so far in the form of a synopsis. (after I finish character bios.) I wrote a profile for a few MS for it. The RX-79(G) Special operations type, which is an RX-79(G) with the addition of a flip-down visor similar to the GM sniper custom, along with a few other differences to make it more of an efficient combat MS. Also a Mobile suit called the RX-79J JACKAL Gundam, which, in a nutshell, was built from remaining parts (among other parts built exclusively for the unit) from the downsized blue destiny project to efficiently make a mobile suit for use by the federation's JACKAL Team (the gundam JACKAL is named after it's team.)

J-lead

Post by J-lead » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:10 am

Sorry to double post, but I could write profiles to mobile suits, but some are just too hard to write anything that passes for official.

For instance: Most sources say that only 20 RX-79(G)'s were built, but some other sources say that there were 20 faulty prototypes that fell under the RX-79 project name, and that they were the basis for the RX-79(G) and more than 20 of the Ground battle Gundams were made. These are two conflicting theories and neither is really the officially stated theory.

...And the Zeta plus A1: No one actually knows if Amuro piloted one. (There should be a Gundam Evolve about this...)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:54 am

Some mobile suits have conflicting information but many fans aren't even aware of it and briefly presenting both sides can be quite interesting.

If you ever have a desire to type up some UC mobile suit profiles let me know. Sometimes I think about doing an MSV, Char's Counterattack or 0083 section here at Gears Online.

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:15 am

I love crossbones G...I even used it as part of the background of an RPG that I ran for a while...