FSS in NYC

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

errol

FSS in NYC

Post by errol » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:22 am

Hello everyone. I had a question for anyone living in New York. Is there any place here to buyany FSS related items? I'm here working and was trying to score some models before I go back to Michigan were FSS is nowhere to be found. I take that back, I do know one mom and pop model store that has carried some wave 1\100 plastic kits in the past. If anyone could help me out that would be awsome.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:51 pm

Very few model stores in NY. SOmeone ask this question before, that's how I know
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:18 pm

Welcome Errol !

You are in luck.

There is a Kino store uptown that stocks a lot of FSS manga.

I also discovered a Mall in Chinatown that has 2 stores stocking FSS kits.
One has the plastic wave kits. The other has 4 or 5 resin kits.
The mall is located at Canal st and Mott st or Canal st and Elizabeth st.
The mall is half a block downtown from Canal st. on the right side.
The kit stores are in the basement....

I'll post back if I can get the correct address / name.
Hope this helps !

Enjoy NY !

Giant Satan Robo

Post by Giant Satan Robo » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:46 pm

The mall is called Elizabeth Center, and I'm betting one of the model stores to which you are referring is Penguin Village- the one that also sells video games, right? The only other model stores there are that little one right by the escalator that sells fansub tapes and that one in the back corner that used to have a ton of B-Daman.

errol

Post by errol » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:29 pm

Thank you for replies. The kino store was cool, they had every issue of FSS, to bad I already had them all. I was kind of hopeing to get the vol.2 2005 rerelease. They didn't have it yet, in english anyways. But the cool part is that they have a sort of subscription type of deal with the FSS comics. If you put your name on a list that they have compiled, they will automatically send you the new issues as they are released. I hope vol.11 is translated soon.
I also went to the store in Elizabeth Mall. Kind of difficult to find, but I did. Cool store but all they had was recasts. I actually had better luck with a store on 30th between 6&7ave, Image Anime. They actually had some original Volks MM 1/100. Cool huh. I think I bought all they had left though. They had to pull them out of the back room. Thanks again for all your help

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:00 pm

Arghh !

Well I'm happy there WAS another place in NY with FSS kits....!

(buying all their kits only to sell them again is a bit lame though)

errol

Post by errol » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:56 pm

I'm actually not buying them to sell them, but FYI, Speed Mirage and Cloud Schatze are basically the same kits. The only difference is the size of the guns and maybe the wings on their backs are a little different. I really don't need two of basically the same kits but the store gave me a deal on all of them, Hence to get the deal I had to buy all of them. Sooo, I figured I would pass on the good deal to someone else searching for kits. Pretty lame huh. :shock:

Giant Satan Robo

Post by Giant Satan Robo » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:08 am

Image gave you a "deal?" I've been going there for seven years and they've never given me a good price on much of anything. What did they have other than the Cloud and Speed? How much did they ask you for?