Sword Master super-special Deathblow attacks!!!!

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Sword Master super-special Deathblow attacks!!!!

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:10 pm

Hello!

Its your friendly neighborhood Mirage Knight requesting yet, more information from the well-informed!

What are all the special moves seen and mentioned in FSS thus far. If its been published in official materials, (such as Characters series, or FSS encyclopedia or Chronicles, etc) in addition to the manga, its good.

What I have so far is:

Sonic Blade
Sonic Ring Slicer
Body Sonic
Flying Swallow (a maneuver or entire style of swordsmanship?)
Body Divide
Mirror
Blind Blade
Calvary Blade
12 Light Wheels
and of course, Maximum Buster Typhoon

MH-specific maneuvers:
Mortar Boom :!:
Black Storm
(any others?)

Diver skills/spells
Seventh Fall
Absolute Zero
Plasma blast(??)
Teleport
Summoning (Sop only?)
(gotta be more...)

Anyone know more to add?
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:23 am

There are ALOTTT~! Basically for the knights, there are: sword skills, Ten-i sword skills, and Kensei sword skills. It does not mean only a kensei can use the kensei sword skills, rather it just means that the skill is one of the best or ultimate skills, the highest ranking of skills. Of course, only the more powerful knights are able to use the higher level skills. Many skills seem to have an English name other than the original JP name, but the others are hard to express in English or sounds outright silly.

Flying Swallow (aka Echo Blade) is the move Hirarchy used against Lady Sopp when they met for the first time.

The MH skills so far includes only Mortar Boom and Break Down Typhoon(Black Storm). Black Storm is the name used when the Black Knight executes this move. This move is invented by Hirarchy, learnt by Est, and Est passed it on to Colus 22, Decors, etc. This skill is passed on thru the knights of the Colus Royal family, and that is why Arr, Saylay and Mallory knows this skill. There is a move by Ian when he was piloting the Vai-o-la, literally translates to 'Float Island' and it is said to be similar to Sonic Blade.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:00 pm

Oh no! Decors learns "Black Storm"?

Well, it makes sense, considering that Hierarchy invented it while riding the Vatshu with Est.
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:16 am

Okay!

The english version of [JP] volume X [volumes 24, 25 and 26] go into a bit of detail on the special moves. I especially like the scene where Vasche is teaching John to do a Sonic Blade. Interesting how she tells him that combining different techniques will create more powerful moves.

From what I can tell, in the english version they change the name of "Body Divide" to "Parallel Attack".

However I don't yet have 25 and 26 (will be ordering them soon) and I know other attacks are made in those volumes. Have they changed the names of any of the moves that appear in the latter half of volume 10?

Oh, and I like the description of Blind Blade they gave at the bottom of page 21. Cutting someone with shockwaves generated by the drawing of the sword. A Batto-jutsu technique! Bad news...Weissmel knows this one too :(
And I thought the "Blind Blade" was a simple attack-without-seeing type move.

Heh, I love this stuff...
Shinei!

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:17 am

...as as side note, since I know NSG is working up an RPG rules set....

If I was to put this into "rpg" terms, I'd almost do away with the hierarchy of the actions. These seem to have the aspect of the "Kata" that we see in cliche'd actions all over manga and anime.

Some are classic, and everyone knows them (like Body Divide, and Ring Slicer) Some are special and personal (like MBT and Black Fist Storm)

To put this in "Champions" terms, some are "predesigned" and some come when a character is created...

Note how "Body Divide" increases based on the skill level of the users...Hierarchy can do 10-12 images, Spark can do at least 8, Shaft is shown doing 4, and Caine is shown doing 6 to 8.

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:16 am

Rubel Colus wrote:Flying Swallow (aka Echo Blade) is the move Hirarchy used against Lady Sopp when they met for the first time.
Oh, Sopp was female at that part wasn't he? I never realized that, thinking it was just a big, big mistake on the translater's part. Yeah, this is completely random.

What is that move that Micheal Lester used to disable Auxo?

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:48 pm

Lalasa wrote:
Rubel Colus wrote:Flying Swallow (aka Echo Blade) is the move Hirarchy used against Lady Sopp when they met for the first time.
Oh, Sopp was female at that part wasn't he? I never realized that, thinking it was just a big, big mistake on the translater's part. Yeah, this is completely random.
Nope. Not a mistake. Sop was running around in Female form at that time. Since Amaterasu is naturally hermaphroditic, s/he has both male and female sex organs (or perhaps neither?) so he had to experience life as both genders before deciding on a "standard" I guess.
What is that move that Micheal Lester used to disable Auxo?

S
That wasn't a specific "maneuver" that was a special weapon called a "Val Balah", though its quite different from the ones that the Terror Mirage uses. Michael Lester's versions were "beam" based. Of course, what took out Auxo was the S-Mine he had set up ahead of time just for this purpose and Auxo jumped in front of Kaien to take the brunt of the blast. Must be nice to have someone so loyal by your side!
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:07 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Okay!
From what I can tell, in the english version they change the name of "Body Divide" to "Parallel Attack".
yeah, like i said, usually there is a Japanese name and an English name for each skill, and sometimes they have totally different meanings. Dont understand why...

Juz to add, Blind Blade is considered to be a Kensei swords technique - means that it is one of the top/best skills. (Dont confuse with the person being a Kensei - its not.)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)