New online auction site/Ebay alternative

Trades, Sales and Exchanges of FSS Items

Moderator: kosh

John F. Moscato

New online auction site/Ebay alternative

Post by John F. Moscato » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:20 am

Hi guys.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Samurai Monkey Models has now officially opened their own auction site. I do most of my model sculpting work for them (they're in Japan) and the owner has asured me that he's going to get some of the major GK manufacturers and some japanese retailers to commit product auctions. Essentially, it's a great, legal way for people from outside japan to get direct japanese garage kits sans the costly intermediary of a proxy bidder, and the best part is that for our purposes, all the listings are in english as well.

For those looking to sell, be it for business or pleasure, listing fees are only $0.50, and there are NO final value fees whatsoever!

http://samurai-monkey.com/auction/cgi-b ... auction.pl

In essence, he's setting up this auction site specifically FOR hobbyists & collectors, and hoping to get word out to anyone who'd be interested.
John F. Moscato

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:22 am

hi John,

thanks for posting this info up. what if someone like me, being in Malaysia, would like to buy/sell kits from Samurai Monkey auction? any restriction?

cheers, wps

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:53 am

Hi Junchoon.

If you mean if there are any restrictions on using the auctions to buy or sell, there aren't any. The hardest part would be setting up a method of payment practical for both parties. Paypal is, of course, recommended, but it's just one of many possibilities.

Basically, you should be able to register, regardless of what part of the world you're in.
John F. Moscato