WTB: 1/100 Kaiyodo Speed Mirage Flying Pose

Trades, Sales and Exchanges of FSS Items

Moderator: kosh

fudoc

WTB: 1/100 Kaiyodo Speed Mirage Flying Pose

Post by fudoc » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:29 pm

After losing two auctions for this kit on Yahoo Japan twice within the last week, I'm giving this a try.

I am only interested in the original version. I'd prefer a new kit, but if work has been done then that'll be okay. So if anyone is willing to part with this great kit for a reasonable price, please contact me at pt315cds@yahoo.com.

KOG

Re: WTB: 1/100 Kaiyodo Speed Mirage Flying Pose

Post by KOG » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:04 am

fudoc wrote:After losing two auctions for this kit on Yahoo Japan twice within the last week, I'm giving this a try.

I am only interested in the original version. I'd prefer a new kit, but if work has been done then that'll be okay. So if anyone is willing to part with this great kit for a reasonable price, please contact me at pt315cds@yahoo.com.
Sheizzel had an original a while back and the quality was so mediocre that he wound up selling it off, thinking he could probably find a recast of comparable quality for much less later on.

So you may wish to widen your search to include recasts, unless you prefer an original simply on principle.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:47 am

Yep, had one but sold it. I was expecting the same high quality casting as other original kits but didn't get it...The casting was done in white like a recast and I really did not see the point of spending $280 for an original when I can spend less than half for a recast that is similar in quality.

fudoc

Post by fudoc » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:16 am

All Kaiyodo kits I own are recasts, so I wasn't aware of the poor quality of the Speed Mirage. I only reason I wanted an original was simply because I didn't want to jeopardize any quality, as so with recasts. I guess I'll wait to find a decent quality recast as well.

I appreciate the info guys. Glad I didn't end up blowing all this cash on a mediocre quality kit...especially with the WSC Prominence coming out soon :wink: .