Nagano designs another costume for Anna Williams

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

hitori

Nagano designs another costume for Anna Williams

Post by hitori » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Mamoru Nagano was again invited to design a secret costume for Anna Williams, which will be available in the PS2 version of Tekken 5.

This is the original by Nagano.

And this is how the usually brilliant 3D artists at Namco rendered it.

WTF...the 3D model looks nothing like the original...OTL
|||OTL

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:35 pm

Nagano designed the costume, and the 3d version of the costume looks close enough to me...

There's no way they could match the 3d version of Anna herself to the artwork. Wouldn't match the rest of the characters.

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:59 pm

Yup', the clothes are ok IMO, but if I'm not against woman with visible muscles, it's a bit too much here IMO, or maybe it's the view angle (the hands and wrist look very masculine).

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:32 pm

Okay, when 3D artists produce this

from this

then they have done a good job.
But what they did in Tekken 5 is just subpar.

I'm not asking the playable character and concept art to look identical, I think they could have made it look less hidious.
When Anna's 3rd costume was released on PS2, I was pleasantly surprised by the un-Tekken-like funkiness.
But as for Tekken5, I'll probably wince when I see people playing with that skin model.

I expect better from Namco! :twisted:

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:32 am

Hrm... I would assume the character model itself (face and figure) was finished long before they decided to add that 3rd costume. I doubt they tried to mimic Nagano's rendition of the face/etc. at all.

Those well familiar with Tekken will know Anna looks different in every game anyway... she almost seemed like she should be asian in the early games, and she's evolving to look more and more like a Nina with brunette hair (which makes sense since they are sisters).

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:54 am

I've always wondered about the physics of having a cellphone (or another spadd or anything with such weight) attached to your hips while fighting. After all, who would need an opponent when your own accessories can give you hideous bruises or even knock you out.

This comment is just rather random as I was staring at several pictures of various knights with various stuff and some had obvious weighty objects hanging off of them.

S

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:35 pm

Hm, I wonder if he had anything to do with Yoshimitsu's design? He has these hair things that remind me of the things on the Phantom's head *shrugs*

Though I think Yoshi's design has degraded over the years -__- It's a bummer....