Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:42 am

Damn, the Prominence looks nice :D .

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:58 pm

Anyone wanna get me that Auge for my b-day?? :lol:

That's the only Prom I like... (I just don't like the mech for some reason, but that kit does look really nice )

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:10 pm

If the WSC Prominence looks any good it's only because the original Volks looks awesome already.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:25 pm

Hydra Mirage wrote:If the WSC Prominence looks any good it's only because the original Volks looks awesome already.
I'm not sure how that makes any sense. Volks Neptune looked great, but the WSC neptune failed to live up to the same standard. So a nice Volks does not guarantee a nice WSC.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:44 pm

The biggest difference is between the original and comic Volks Prominence.

Maybe I'm mistaken but aren't the WSC's gararge kit alterations of Volks kits ? They seem to appear after Volks releases.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:52 pm

Hydra Mirage wrote:The biggest difference is between the original and comic Volks Prominence.
Well......................yeah. Since they are based on different artwork. Volks SAV prominence and WSC prominence are based on the same artwork, so of course there's a smaller degree of difference.

Maybe I'm mistaken but aren't the WSC's gararge kit alterations of Volks kits ? They seem to appear after Volks releases.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Whatever gave you that idea? G system kits are alterations of WSC kits, but that's an entirely different matter. WSC sculpts are 100% original. And when you compare the 2, Volks and WSC sculpts are completely different. WSC just tends to take longer to finish creating a new kit than Volks does. WSC is just 2 guys, Volks has a larger staff.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:33 pm

Hmm...I'm not sure how the idea of the WSC and Volks relation came about for Hydra...

Volks MM Prominence was a kit that was very different and based on the Knight Flags design. Volks SAV and WSC are the comic version. Both based on the same design just very different in styles of sculpting. WSC just tends to make kits that Volks already made hoping it could be a better version of the same design.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:19 am

There is something wrong w/ its face. Look closer and compare it to the Volks ver.:

http://netaro0429.at.infoseek.co.jp/gal ... 4/104.html

at close up.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:46 pm

The shield on the WSC looks too flat.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:22 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:The shield on the WSC looks too flat.
It looks ok from the second picture...

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:50 am

What scares me will be the underfoot and 'frame' detailing.

It's decent, but beefy. To be expected, I guess.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:38 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:The shield on the WSC looks too flat.
So is the face. Looks like someone just punch it flat. I mean it is so ugly it's not even funny. It's unnatural, looks like one of those Jason X hockey mask face, great for horror movie.

As discussed before many times, it is WSC problem when they rel. a FSS GK that had been already rel. by Volks. If WSC kit is inferior, then they are asking for it. It's easy to see them side by side for comparison.

So in a case like this, we don't have to buy it from WSC. On the other hand, if WSC were to spend the time on some un-rel. kit that never been rel. before in 1/100, for e.g., Kan, then we have to buy it.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:50 am

The face is supposed to look flat...As nice as Volks looked, WSC got a better and more detailed looking head/face.

elemental

Post by elemental » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:05 am

I agree with sheizzel on that one.