Looking for good pics of MH

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Akuma Sephitaro

Looking for good pics of MH

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:24 am

To plaster all over my walls :D

But I lost the old ones I had, I think..... Anyone know any good places for them? (Artwork ones, that is, no model shots... )

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:04 am

Try an images search on Google. It comes up with a few pics.

Try some names of specific MH's also, it comes up with some surprising results sometimes.
Shinei!

TSP

Post by TSP » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:24 pm

Maybe someone has a coloured picture of the Allen Bradford Terror Mirage to share with.

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:16 pm

Mmh I have some relatively High-rez scans of the smokewalls' MHs, so that's good for printing.
And particularly a big scan of the Siren R, problem is that this one is about 84Mb.

I'll try to find a way to upload that, well maybe not the 84Mb one, but the others, it should be ok.

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:33 am

Photobucket?

That's all I can really suggest ATM...

I figure someone'll think of something

Knolly

Post by Knolly » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:41 am

http://www.maj.com/ is a really good image site. If you want to, I wouldn't mind uploading the 84 MB one onto my webspace, heh.

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:46 am

Erf, I have a 100Mb webspace now (well I think it's 100), so I'll have to think to upload it^^.

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:37 pm

Here's the pic'.

I said it weights 84Mb cuz' it was a photoshop file, to keep the transparancy, then I suddenly had the idea to save it as a GIF (yeah I didn't thought about that before^^), I never thought I would save a 10Mb gif :wink:

http://overhighwill.free.fr/Images/Mecha_Siren_R.gif

So as it's scanned at high-rez, you can see the printing dots. The optimized blur of photoshop can't do anything about it neither, the dots are to big to be soften without damaging the lineart, but printed as a small poster it should be ok.

You'll need a bit of RAM to edit it^^.
(I'll remove the picture in a few days to avoid linking^^)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:29 pm

Man the Siren R is lovely! I whish Smoke Walls had more information on it than just it was "Hunter-Tuned", whatever that means.

Can't complain since Smoke Walls has the Internal Structure of MH article though....

Hopefully they'll cover that in the next few volumes of the English FSS manga.

**keeping fingers crossed**
Shinei!

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:38 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:"Hunter-Tuned", whatever that means.
I don't have too much on the R type Siren either, but I can explain what Hunter Tuned means.
In short, it means it was designed to fight other MH's.

A longer explanation:
Some of you may have noticed Nagano referring to some MH's as "hunter" or "hunting type" etc.
This is just a direct translation of Destroyer, like a Destroyer ship. Click for Webster
Warmachines (ships, airplanes, tanks) designed to destroy other ships, airplanes, and tanks.
English speaking countries call them Destroyers, Germans and Asian countries call them Hunters.

This concept developed during the WWII era
Since Nagano is a WWII fanatic, he wanted to insert some homage to something like the JagdPanzers.
Jagdpanzers (German: Hunting Panthers) being tanks designed for aniti-tank combat, rather than infantry support.

So the Hunter-tune means that it is specialized for anti-MH combats, rather than a multirole tune that can handle various wartime tasks such as anti-personnel, anti-air, anti-artillary, support, transportation, and what not.

Written in Japanese kanji.
Last edited by hitori on Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:05 am

Thanks, hitori. I had been wondering what was meant by that.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:18 pm

Aren't all MH's built to battle MH's ?

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:26 pm

Hydra Mirage wrote:Aren't all MH's built to battle MH's ?
All cars are built to run on land.
Some run really freaking fast on racing tracks, but will flip over if you hit a pothole, and can't haul anything.
Some can climb 40 degree inclines, but run really slow and is too inefficient to haul cargo.
But there are some that run decently fast, haul decent amount of cargo, and able to handle a few bumps on the road at the same time.

As for MH's, they carry anti personnel weaponry (as demonstrated by Zakar, etc), salvage equipment (Belge Mirage), or anti planetary weaponry (Jagd Mirage) but some carry only large calibur lasers, heavy swords, and no shield (Schpeltor etc).

Those MH's are 'specialized'(keyword here) to fight MH's, while sacrificing multirole capabilities.

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:09 pm

Same deal with modern day military aircraft. Pretty much all can fly around and attack things, but some are specialized for reconnaisance, some for bombing, some for tank and bunker-busting... only some jet aircraft are dedicated to air superiority.

So this thing with MH makes perfect sense.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:46 pm

Fantabulous!

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the info Hitori.
Shinei!