Dangers of Resin...

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Hydra Mirage

Dangers of Resin...

Post by Hydra Mirage » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:53 pm

OMG I just got a small piece of resin in my eye.
I managed to get it out finally but it wasn't pleasant at all.

Maybe you all already know this, but a pair of glasses when your chipping away at the spools is a great idea.

I am so relieved...

fulcy

Post by fulcy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:10 pm

I don't know if it's necessarily toxic, but besides the bits and pieces of resin flying at your face, the dust can be very harmful to you. I know a guy who had alot of respiratory problems develop after working with resin for a while without using a dust mask or respirator, and it took 6 months or so for it all to clear up. So, along with proper eye protection, a respirator or dust mask is a must!

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:26 am

Resin is at it's most toxic when it is in liquid form. After it solidifies, it isn't so toxic, but it still isn't good for you.

When working with resin, always wear safety glasses. When sanding resin, wear a filter. When working when liquid resin wear a breather mask, and have a lot of ventilation.

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:02 am

I'm laughing here, ha ha!

You're good - too good.

fulcy

Post by fulcy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:24 pm

Zoxesyr wrote:Resin is at it's most toxic when it is in liquid form. After it solidifies, it isn't so toxic, but it still isn't good for you.

When working with resin, always wear safety glasses. When sanding resin, wear a filter. When working when liquid resin wear a breather mask, and have a lot of ventilation.
It's probably also a good idea to wear latex gloves too, so you don't get any on your hands/skin...