Wave 1/144 Machine Messiah Auge

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

KOG

Wave 1/144 Machine Messiah Auge

Post by KOG » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:49 am

For those interested in the 1/144 side of things (not many of you perhaps), I thought I'd mention that the March '05 issue of Dengeki Hobby has a 2 page feature on the new Wave 1/144 Mess Auge resin kit.

It looks OK for a 1/144 I suppose... I'd still rather build the 1/100 any day of the week. One nice thing I noticed though, is that the 1/144 kit comes with quite a variety of equipment options. It can hold a sheathed sword, an unsheathed sword, dual energy-spear thingies, or both spears linked together to form that big energy-scythe thing.

Sometime soon, I'll scan the 2 pages and get them posted up somewhere. If someone else doesn't beat me to it.

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:30 pm

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:14 pm

Very nice for a 1/144.
I like the extra weapons...

I also checked the bang doll picture in the same directory as the auge.
You painted it in acrylic right ?
How did you paint the darker details lines ? Are they acrylic also ?
I'm only asking because I'm about to start my first arcylic paint job, and I'm not sure how I will do the details. If I mess up with acrylic and clean up with water I might smudge the colors.
I was thinking of doing the details with enamel, with the base color in acrylic. The I can clean up the details with alchohol without effecting the acrylic layer.

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:17 pm

Hydra Mirage wrote:I also checked the bang doll picture in the same directory as the auge.
You painted it in acrylic right ?
How did you paint the darker details lines ? Are they acrylic also ?
I'm only asking because I'm about to start my first arcylic paint job, and I'm not sure how I will do the details. If I mess up with acrylic and clean up with water I might smudge the colors.
I was thinking of doing the details with enamel, with the base color in acrylic. The I can clean up the details with alchohol without effecting the acrylic layer.
The base paint is enamel. The details are inked.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:32 pm

Thanks for the scans. I'm guessing the paint job and lighting is what make this kit actually look "ok" :P .

elemental

Post by elemental » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:50 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:I was thinking of doing the details with enamel, with the base color in acrylic. The I can clean up the details with alchohol without effecting the acrylic layer.
Did you perhaps mean to write that the other way round? i.e. base coat of enamel and acrylic details on top?

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:32 pm

Did you perhaps mean to write that the other way round? i.e. base coat of enamel and acrylic details on top?
Would that be the correct order ?

I assumed acrylics first because I have heard here that thinned acrylic can give a smooth almost airbrushed finish ?

errol

Post by errol » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:25 pm

Thank you KOG. I have a small collection of 1/144 scale wave kits. The Auge looks great. And if you built it, awsome job. Even if no one else is interested at least one person is so time was not wasted. Thanks again for the fresh scans.

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:01 pm

I for one am highly impressed... there have been a few 1/144's that really catch my eye (scritti, Final Junchoon), and this one definately fits in with them.

It's a pity I've given up on buying new kits (with good reason). :P I need to get my ass in gear and finish the ones I've got.

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:26 pm

I wish the 1/100 had the scythe... But eh, I'm more of a 1/144 person when it comes to some things, and that Auge is pretty nice

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:47 am

errol wrote:And if you built it, awsome job. Even if no one else is interested at least one person is so time was not wasted.
No, I did not build it, these are scans from Dengeki Hobby magazine................