Schell Bullet or Fool For The City anyone ?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:06 pm

As for Fool in the City's storyline...believe it or not,it features Falk Rogner as the protagonist in a futuristic city...ala Logan's Run,where rock and roll is outlawed.Rogner is a faithful enforcer to a powerful artificial intelligence,mainting the law and order inside the city,until he accidently kills the leader of the underground resistance,and finds himself leading the resistance....it's about as much as I can remember.
Sounds more like Blade Runner or one of the other Phillip K Dick books...

I vaguely remember this being discussed on Wax Trax some time ago, and I seem to recall that Rogner wasn't the only person from FSS to appear in this, some of the fatimas make apperances (not necessacealy as fatimas but the characters copy over)

Is Fool For the City IN the FSS timeline or is it a parallel storyline? This was also discussed way back when but I don't recall if a answer was even determined..

It also sounds like it would make a good movie. Its shorter than trying to adapt a whole serial as long as FSS to a screenplay.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:14 pm

Tomexe wrote:

Is Fool For the City IN the FSS timeline or is it a parallel storyline? This was also discussed way back when but I don't recall if a answer was even determined..
Acording to some, FFTC shows up on the FSS timeline. During Lachesis tour of time and various alternate dimensions, she appears during the time of FFTC. On the Timeline this is listed as J.C. 7451.

Whether or not Nagano is going to go along with this line of thinking remains to be seen, however. I suspect he probably will though.
Shinei!

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:15 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Tomexe wrote:

Acording to some, FFTC shows up on the FSS timeline. During Lachesis tour of time and various alternate dimensions, she appears during the time of FFTC. On the Timeline this is listed as J.C. 7451.

Whether or not Nagano is going to go along with this line of thinking remains to be seen, however. I suspect he probably will though.
Hmm, so Ama sends Rognar BACK to Joker while he is wandering the galaxy looing for Laki? And then goes back and picks him up so he is with them on Fortune (or is that not Fortune in the flash forwards showing Ama on some strange planet with Rognar and two cyborgs)

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:25 am

That flash forward is meant to be in the Joker era when Clotho reawakens, but in current cannon afaik she never does, so that drawing is a bit null and void now.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:23 pm

WayS'Lo' wrote:That flash forward is meant to be in the Joker era when Clotho reawakens, but in current cannon afaik she never does, so that drawing is a bit null and void now.
Clotho goes back to sleep AFTER she helps pilot Junchoon against Atropos and Uplanda?

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:50 am

From what i read they find her but she doesnt actually wake up. Shes just stuck in the cockpit sleeping. From what i rememeber ( which is probably wrong,someones gonna have to correct me here) in the battle against the Patraqushe the Judgement had 2 fatimas.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:43 pm

WayS'Lo' wrote:From what i read they find her but she doesnt actually wake up. Shes just stuck in the cockpit sleeping. From what i rememeber ( which is probably wrong,someones gonna have to correct me here) in the battle against the Patraqushe the Judgement had 2 fatimas.
But in the flash forward at the end of the Emperor Rescue Mission we see her get out of Junchoon after KOG:AT is stopped (and Uppandora apparently killed) and embrace Atropos.

It does seem consistant though that it IS the only time she pilots Junchoon again is that sortie. According to what was posted in the "Est" thread a couple months ago, Est is Colus VI's normal co-pilot in Junchoon. The chronology does state the Clotho does not wake up right when Junchoon is recovered

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:38 am

hmm, actually Est might not be Colus 6's fatima for MH combat. There is another fatima - Delta Belune, who will probably be Colus 6's "regular" fatima, probably an etreml(sp?), and indeed there were rumours that there are 2 fatimas in Junchoon in the final fight (Delta Belune + Clotho).

However, all these are just speculations, and knowing Nagano - nothing's fixed until the story reaches that point. Well, even now the latest Delta Belune design appears to be a humanoid fatima instead of an etreml. :roll:

Back on topic, yeah, I wish I had access to those other stories. The only other Nagano story I know is L-Gaim. :?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:45 pm

The English verson of the master Fatima Guide, pages 56 and 57 of Vol 25 has Delta Belun as the only entry for Meeth Silver Ballanche

At B2 B2 A B1 B1 and "flawless" its too highly ranked to be a etorumaru. But also, this old FSS list http://www2.odn.ne.jp/ihatov/JIA/FSSlists/Fatima.html also listed her as being a rebodied Focuslight, in which case the rankings might be too low.

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:09 pm

Shes definately not an Eteroumu since there have been pictures of her in the past. Just cause she was one of the original fatimas doesnt make her one of the best ( or does it... i dont know) i would have thought that those stats represent an *upgrade* from what she was originally. There are only a handful of fatimas who have a flawless in anything so saying her stats are too low... :S

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:53 am

If u checked under the Ballanche fatima lists here, u will notice Delta Belun is classified as a ETM. It is under (Chrome) Ballanche fatima list and being a ETM probably becoz of "older" chara design info from Nagano. Yes, its true that the latest Delta Belune pics show that she is a humanoid fatima and the fatima list shows that she is the work of Meeth Silver instead of Chrome Ballanche, but who knows what will happen to her by the time of Colus 6 which is quite a long time in the future.

It might be a misunderstanding that eteroumu(sp?) is lower on stats compared to a humanoid fatima, but this is not always true. The main reason why humanoid fatimas are preferred over non-humanoids is becoz of the rapport (mutual understanding and compatibility) between the headdliner and the fatima, which further improves their efficiency during MH battles, since the humanoid fatima spends more time 'outside' of the MH with her master. However, consider that many humanoid fatimas are much more 'unstable' compared to the ETM.

Also another misunderstanding of the rank of "Flawless" - it is actually a honorary 'title' more than an actual ranking. It is true that VVS1, VVS2, etc are rankings for Clearance where VVS1 is better than VVS2; but 'Flawless' need not necessarily mean 'better' than VVS1. An example is Auxo, she was originally VVS2, but after the death of Kaien, she was given the honorary Flawless title in memory of the Sword Saint. Other examples are SF held by Optical Taifon, and probably (i guess) the first four fatimas had F for being, well, the first four. On the other hand, Clotho might be the only exception, and she has FF for being the very best of them all.

Spoiler about Delta Belune:

Focuslight was 'modified' by Chrome and became Auxo, and Auxo was again modified by Silver and became Delta Belune. Ever since the 'dis-owning' and death of Kaien, Auxo became 'damaged' and this probably explains the lower power gauge ratings that she holds as Delta Belune. Also, since Auxo gets her Flawless 'title', she gets to keep it as Delta Belune.
Looking for:

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:46 pm

So Auxo is Focuslight and NOT SSL?

How does Maximum get SSL then? And for that matter, why did he not inherit Auxo? Does SSL have a alter ego as well?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:37 am

Auxo is damaged after Kaien released her from the bond, and Max is not even born yet, so its not possible for Auxo to take Max as her master. I suspect Delta Belune would've been created before Max is old enough to pilot a MH. There are references to Depre having lots of fatima partners including Delta Belune (maybe a temporary thing). Somehow, Delta Belune made her way into the hands of Colus 4 (how could his mum allow him to keep a female fatima? unless she's dead :twisted: ).

Not much mention on SSL now, except that she is in deep sleep(?) and from the fatima list SSL is listed as herself, no alternate name, so probably no alter ego?

Some speculations regarding SSL's current location - since SSL was the partner of Lader 6, some people suspect her to be with Empire Fillmore, and Max joined the side of Fillmore during the Majestic Stand and gets SSL as his fatima. I personally think that SSL would've been returned to Ballanche (or Fates?) long ago for safe-keeping (statis), so Meeth will have the access to SSL.
Looking for: