Mortar Headd Gathering

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Mortar Headd Gathering

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:21 am

I was chatting with a few of the guys who will be participating in this small but special event :D . The date we came up during the discussion is April, 1 2005. I think the deadline is long enough for one to finish a MH kit without being rushed. So get to work! :twisted: .

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:42 pm

Is this a physical gathering ?

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:22 pm

<posh Brit accent>

Yes, actually. It will be held on the weekend ere St. Swiven's day. We will all gather about over hot tea and fresh crumpets as we brew away in converse over the refined art of MH-ing.

Therein I shalt say "No Jack, no more lumps. But I would rather fancy a dash of creme into my tea."

Therein my friend shall reply, cordially, no less "Sir, I believe that your beer gut would vocalize another preference."

To which we would all laugh, rippingly, sir. Rippingly. Yes, righteously good, righteously.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:31 am

Hydra, you can tell from the reply from Vincent that this is not a "physical" gathering :P . This was what we've been talking about, just a deadline date set for an on-line gathering of newly finished MH kit, nothing more :D .

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:53 am

Did you want a gallery set up here at Gears Online linked to the FSS pages? Or did you want to set up a gallery somewhere else?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:02 am

Tachyon wrote:Did you want a gallery set up here at Gears Online linked to the FSS pages? Or did you want to set up a gallery somewhere else?
Hi Tachyon,

Before we were chatting about how nice it would be to have a gallery section set up here so everyone can share their work :D . If it's not too much trouble, YES, please! :D .

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:54 am

FSS fans are good peoples in my book, so, sure. I'll set up a gallery and link it to the FSS pages here.

Please keep me informed on when to start and with what images.

The FSS pages here get good traffic but not phenomenal. I'm thinking when Nu Soard and I get more mortar headds and characters from FSS posted we'll see more traffic.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:54 am

Thanks for being so helpful! I hope the FSS pages will have more traffic later on as I did linked others to it at another board^^. There are others who might participate in this FSS MH Gathering, maybe that'll help in increasing traffic flow.

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:35 am

Oft times, it's hard for me to believe that anyone outside of our community has any interest in FSS.

Then again, I see (once in a while) Fatima cosplay at AX.. and then I have to realize that Kinokuniya / Diamond surely must print more books for a bigger market than just.. the oh, handful of us here.

Which leads me to the conclusion that English FSS volumes must be eaten by Suezo so that he'll grow to a full LED Dragon, and that FSS begins and ends here.

^_-

(on the Western World anyway)

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:04 am

Vincent Valentine wrote:and then I have to realize that Kinokuniya / Diamond surely must print more books for a bigger market than just.. the oh, handful of us here.
Suezo aside, somebody keeps buying the english volumes from my local Kino (Sydney) before I get to them :evil: , and I'm pretty certain said somebodies aren't posting in here.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:34 pm

It could be Jinnai. :D
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:07 pm

Yeah.. that's freaky.. but it COULD be Jinnai.

There's Kino in Australia? Now that's freaky. What next? One here in Canada?

jlyc

Post by jlyc » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:44 pm

Vincent Valentine wrote:Yeah.. that's freaky.. but it COULD be Jinnai.

There's Kino in Australia? Now that's freaky. What next? One here in Canada?
i'm in montreal/vancouver. My passion changes occasionally though (progression in last 5 years = EVA ==> Macross ==> FSS), but I think there are enough mecha variations in FSS to hold me out a while.

I never read FSS manga before but they had a sale in vancouver so I picked up vol 3, 5, 6, and 7. very interesting and i can certainly see the progression of nagano's art style over the years.

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:16 am

I WISH it was me.

I'm missing too much of English. And I don't like the 4 hour drive in the heat we have right now.

elemental

Post by elemental » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:52 am

Vincent Valentine wrote:There's Kino in Australia? Now that's freaky. What next? One here in Canada?
Nah Ahh... New Zealand is next in line for a Kino. Then Mexico, then maybe, just maybe Canada. :wink:

Seriously though, Sydney has a large Asian population, and quite a few visiting Asian/international uni students. So a Sydney Kino isn't quite as odd as it sounds.

[Sorry if I just offended any Kiwis, Hobbits or Mexicans]