Schell Bullet or Fool For The City anyone ?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Falk

Schell Bullet or Fool For The City anyone ?

Post by Falk » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:46 pm

Anyone has read one or both of them ?
As an FSS fan, I think I'll have to get it one day, of course the problem is it's in japanese, but maybe just the art should should be a good reason to buy it ?

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:47 pm

I flicked through 'Fool for the city' when I was in Japan, but I wasn't impressed.
However I'd love to see more Brain-Powered designs, seems quite intriguing.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:54 pm

Falk, if you can do background removal I'll send you the color illustrations from Schell Bullet.

I've been putting off the Schell Bullet section here at Gears Online because the color illustrations need their backgrounds removed or they'll look awful. I can do it but it takes me time (and Photoshop's auto tools keep taking bites off the edges of the images).
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:17 am

Look out for Nagano's involvement in a new? anime... Or maybe even 2 animes?

Yes, that means we wont have any new FSS for a looooong while. :evil: He's so busy that there isnt any news of vol 12! :? :|
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:34 pm

Really? Thanks for the info, Rubel. Please keep us posted.

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:27 pm

Let's hope they'll release the book 12 anyway... He just has to do the cover ;)
Tachyon wrote:Falk, if you can do background removal I'll send you the color illustrations from Schell Bullet.
Oh yup', those are some high-rez scans ?
If you have more Schell Bullet stuff, don't hesitate to send it^^

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:38 pm

Tachyon wrote:Falk, if you can do background removal I'll send you the color illustrations from Schell Bullet.
Hey Tachyon, may I give it a try, too? :D

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:23 pm

Falk, hitori,
Thanks for the willingness to help with image clean up.

Once I load up some Tyrant Sword of Neofalia [Gundam] material I'll be all caught up with what I promised people. Then I'll tear up my 2 volumes of Schell Bullet and start scanning. The line art is no problem for me but the color illustrations I'll Email to you guys one at a time. Most of them have dark backgrounds so clean up would be a real pain for me.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:51 pm

There are some very nice pics of L-Gaim mecha in my bootleg HK DVDs. I am still looking for similar pics.

captured images from DVD:
http://img22.exs.cx/img22/1186/originalaug5gu.jpg
http://img22.exs.cx/img22/6119/lgaim1ez.jpg
http://img22.exs.cx/img22/9016/helmine0mw.jpg
http://img22.exs.cx/img22/2233/dsserd6es.jpg
http://img22.exs.cx/img22/4762/batsu8yu.jpg

Whats the name of the mech for the OAV? I think I saw some other 'modified' or 'customised' mechs too. No LGaim website... :cry:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:03 pm

It's name is Pagpta or Emper Temple, I can't remember which is which.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:56 pm

Falk, hitori, I sent the first color image to you both from Schell Bullet. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

I never knew there was an L-Gaim OAV. Was it good? Did it have new mecha designs?

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:15 pm

There were several OVAs, two of which were mainly re-caps of the series. Full Metal Soldier is one that, I think, covers a section just before the final assault and features Temple Knight #1 or #2 in his Pagpta, which is an OVA only design, and uses music or something similar to control it or it's psycommu like things. There are other OVAs, I think, called Pentagona Dolls and Lady Gablae.

Also, there is a design for the 'Blood Temple' Heavy Metal, which never made it into the series but is the precursor of LED Mirage.

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:28 pm

what exactly is the story behind Fool For the City? i heard it has Falk as the main character?

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:38 pm

Walked into local comic book store today and they had the LGAim 3D visual book! and better yet, it was on sale! Never thought id ever see something that niche in the uk :D . And wow... some of those 1/100 scratch builds are stunning. 1/100 Auge with 100% removable armour :shock:
Absolutely beautiful ( im one of the few ppl who perfers the LG Auge to the two fss ones). The fact that none of thsoe 1/100s ( LG, LG2, Bats, Auge and Serd) were never made in kit form, resin or plastic, is amlost criminal :P .
Forgot to mention, does anyone have any pics of the Pagorta? It was the first time i had ever seen it and well... woah.

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:18 pm

The Pagpta is a Heavy Metal that appears in Full Metal Solider,and it and the characters/animation was done by L-Gaim animator/artist Hidetoshi Ohmori(Whose more familiar work is the Deprive segment in Robot Carnival and the character designer/animator in the Guyver OAVs)

I happen to own a small L-Gaim artbook with an incredibley tiny segment on Full Metal Solider(literaly)....with small designs of the characters and mecha.

I happen to admire Ohmori's work alot,since he,Tomonori Kogawa and Hiroyuki Kitazume have such similar art styles and all three artists have worked on so many Sunrise animation works,it's incredible.

Alot of Full Metal Solider stuff is pretty rare,since alot of the L-Gaim books them selves are rare.

As for Fool in the City's storyline...believe it or not,it features Falk Rogner as the protagonist in a futuristic city...ala Logan's Run,where rock and roll is outlawed.Rogner is a faithful enforcer to a powerful artificial intelligence,mainting the law and order inside the city,until he accidently kills the leader of the underground resistance,and finds himself leading the resistance....it's about as much as I can remember.