WSC 1/100 Schpeltor in progress...

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

yp

WSC 1/100 Schpeltor in progress...

Post by yp » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:34 am

Hi there, it is first time for me to write at Gears forum. Some of you might know me from heika.net... It's good to see some of the familiar names :D

Anyhow, I haven't worked on MH for about two years now. But over the winter break, I decied to work on the WSC schpeltor, and I just took a progress picture. All the parts are cleaned up and ready for painting, and most of them are just pinned for the ease of painting. Hopefully, I may post the finished work pretty soon. It is good to be back^^;

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:15 am

Hi Yoon :D ,

Your Schpeltor is looking good so far, at least the pose for now :D .

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:48 am

Hey, nice to see you posting some progress photos. This is definitely a great kit, can't wait to see how you paint it up.

P.S. I think the hand guard on the sword is upside down?

sarion

Post by sarion » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:24 am

KOG wrote:P.S. I think the hand guard on the sword is upside down?
not really, there are different pics on the handguard showing both ways
WSC and Volks pics are completely different, as evident on MH Saga for WSC and later pics for Volks SSS and MM series

p/s: good to see u here Yoon!

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:14 am

Hm... regardless of what WSC and Volks do, the official artwork for Schpeltor shows the guard the other way around (with concave surface facing the hilt, away from the blade). I'd tend to trust the artwork over kit buildups.
sarion wrote:
KOG wrote:P.S. I think the hand guard on the sword is upside down?
not really, there are different pics on the handguard showing both ways
WSC and Volks pics are completely different, as evident on MH Saga for WSC and later pics for Volks SSS and MM series

p/s: good to see u here Yoon!

yp

Post by yp » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:31 pm

Hi guys^^

About the guard... I do not have a separate art book of Schpeltor, but the art work in the manga shows the open/flat side to be away from the blade...

yp

Post by yp » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:12 pm

Hi,

I have three more shots of the current status of the model. except for the two arms and shoulders, all the other parts are painted and assembled. I am kind of experimenting on painting the model... All the parts are initially coated with dark brown, and then heavily dry brushed with white to give some randomness. (Please let me know what you guys think.)

Except for the initiall coat, all the painting are done via hand brushing. I love his leg-line from the side :D Hopefully, I will get this thing finished before this weekend. Have a good week everyone~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ ... /prog1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ ... /prog2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ ... /prog3.jpg

jlyc

Post by jlyc » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:35 pm

I like it!! certainly the way you painted it is against FSS modeling tradition where everything is smooth and clean but that's why I think it's really unique!! i sure hope people do alot more battle damaged/weathered FSS in the future

one thing i see is a seam(?) at the back of the knees which i'm not sure is normal or not. otherwise it looks great.

:)

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:10 pm

It is a sculpted detail line. This kit (as with most FSS resins) does not have much in terms of seam lines to fill.

jlyc wrote:Ione thing i see is a seam(?) at the back of the knees which i'm not sure is normal or not. otherwise it looks great.

:)

yp

Post by yp » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:20 am

Hi, guys..

I have finished the schpeltor and posted two pictures. The files are pretty big^^;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ ... eltor1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ ... eltor2.jpg

Personally, this is the first time that I have ever actually finished a kit from WSC. I still like their stuff but I didn't anticipate that building a free-pose was such a difficult task. I didn't factor in the antenna(?) when I was pining the leg/feet, and the model ended up keep falling down. :!: (I kind of cheated and ended up attaching plastic pieces under the feet to balance the thing...)

Also, I think there are some fit problem for this kit. I had hard time assembling the face/neck to the two guarding plates beside the face. they would fit fine by themselves, but the assembly would not sit tight on the body or inside the headcover....

Anyhow, it was an enjoyable experience, and I will try to get some more pictures with a back-drop later on. :)

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:49 am

Why is the white part near his skirt, its color looks so milky? There is a shade of not-quite-white on it, is that intentional or just the digital camera playing tricks?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:32 am

Yeah...WSC kits gives me a hard time while pinning it into the right pose. BTW, is this kit a modified recast or did you add details to the shoulders on your own?

yp

Post by yp » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:20 am

Hopping: I am not sure which part you are talking about... not that it would matter much as the white color is pretty random looking.

scheizzel: It was an original kit. I tried to add some details, but only thing that I could add was the angels. After adding it, I realized how difficult it is to sculpt anything on there... now it kind of looks rather empty because only angel are there... I'll include the shoulder pics too...

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:13 am

Hi yp,

Nice job at sculpting the shoulders :D . It certainly looks better than having nothing to fill that empty space :P .

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:02 pm

Happy Hopping wrote:Why is the white part near his skirt, its color looks so milky? There is a shade of not-quite-white on it, is that intentional or just the digital camera playing tricks?

I think it's just a result of the lighting used in the photos.

Anyways, nice work Yoon! I'm still amazed you were able to finish so fast.

Looking forward to more photos, including close-ups. :)