my website did NOT disappear....

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

KOG

my website did NOT disappear....

Post by KOG » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:38 am

Well, just for the heck of it, I thought I'd check on the status of my free website at kog.gq.nu today, and I was surprised to discover that it's still there. I say "surprised" because it had seemed to be gone the other day. Freeservers.com, the host, was saying that kog.gq.nu was available. But I guess it was a temporary glitch, since my site is now back. Not that there's anything to see on it right now...

But since I'm so happy that it's still there, I'm going to try very hard to get photos taken this week or next, so I can post something up.

I'll be sure to post here when I update.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:30 am

Couldn't wait to see :D . BTW, will you begin with another project soon after the Bang? I was thinking maybe we or whoever wants to participate can set a date so we can share our newly built MH kits. What does the rest of you think about this?

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:16 am

You bet, I definitely plan to start another project as soon as I finish the Bang Doll. When I am in the mood to build, I like to keep the momentum going for as long as I can.

As for what's next, it's always hard to say until I actually start. But right now I'm considering WSC Ashura and SSS Terror Mirage very strongly. I also have a lot of interest in building the SAV V Sirens and the Volks Phantom.

If I am not distracted too much, I think I can probably finish the Bang by next weekend.

I think it would be great for all the builders here to get some stuff done, especially you Sheizzel. :) Other than elemental, who else around here is actively working on kits on a somewhat regular basis?
Sheizzel wrote:Couldn't wait to see :D . BTW, will you begin with another project soon after the Bang? I was thinking maybe we or whoever wants to participate can set a date so we can share our newly built MH kits. What does the rest of you think about this?

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:57 pm

We all know that with my new-found life-but-not-life, I won't have time to participate...

It really sucks.

I'll see about it, but my closest and easiest to complete kit (WSC Empress) needs new lower legs.

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:46 am

Sheizzel wrote:I was thinking maybe we or whoever wants to participate can set a date so we can share our newly built MH kits. What does the rest of you think about this?
Umm... are you talking about setting a date to finish a model this year :?: :!: :?:

Who are you and what have you done with the real Sheizzel?? 8)

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:54 am

elemental wrote:
Sheizzel wrote:I was thinking maybe we or whoever wants to participate can set a date so we can share our newly built MH kits. What does the rest of you think about this?
Umm... are you talking about setting a date to finish a model this year :?: :!: :?:

Who are you and what have you done with the real Sheizzel?? 8)
Lol...I figured I would get these kinds of response in return :P . Yep, I was hoping maybe we can set up a date sometime this year so everyone has enough time to finish their new project. It'll be a motivation for me to finally finish a MH, at least that's what I have in mind when I thought of this :D .

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:59 am

If a specific date is the best way to motivate yourself, then maybe... Perhaps the date should be "june" or something like that?

I started painting Phantom today, and when it is done I will share pics. No set dates though, it will be done when it is done. I think I work best that way.

I am hoping to do five MH this year (five FSS in 2005) but that is not something I want to be held to. Life can tend to get in the way of plans like that. :wink:

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:52 am

Hrm. Well, I get the feeling that Jack's been replaced by some Alien in his body.. or some strange Brain-Slug is now in control of his brain...

That's no Toupé on his head.

Besides Jack getting replaced by some Alien-thing who wants to actually complete and not Pokémon his kits *jab-jab* I think that a set date should be set, and this should be a MH only comp that spans across many boards. No, not a competition.. a 'challenge'.

Still, people like me with all work and no lives.. I'll probably just watch you guys sweat from the side lines.

As I was IMing with him earlier, I have a distinct inability to build anything out of box. Everything needs modding. It's.. compulsive...

yp

Post by yp » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:03 am

Hi Sheizzel,

My Schpeltor is finished, and I am looking into starting another one.
Count me in :wink:

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:28 am

I don't know, I just thought it would be fun if we can all submit a newly finished MH sort of like a gathering of what we saw from this http://glosshf.fc2web.com/public_html/HME2004-fss.html . For those who are interested, maybe we can discuss on a date that everyone can agree on. We currently have 3-4 people who are interested including myself. We could have one more if Vincent would stop with his ideas of trying to modify everything as if he doesn't have enough things to keep him busy :P .

So what will your next project be, yp? I'm hoping to finish an Engage SR-1 :D .

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:02 pm

Ah... now I get you. This sounds fun, I'll join in. :)

I think I will need at least two months. maybe even longer. What sort of time frame did you have in mind?

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:31 pm

I think I could finish one of my 1/100 volks kits in the next couple of weeks.
It'd be good to get a decent kit gallery up here.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:24 pm

When I first thought of this idea I was originally thinking of sometime in March which is a couple of months from now. We certainly want to have enough time to finish out our kits the right way without having to rush it as that's not what this whole thing is all about. Maybe we can set the date sometime in March? Or does anyone else have any suggestions?

Hydra, so what's the kit you'll be wrapping up? You can always start out on another kit soon after^^.

It would be nice to have a gallery in here...

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:34 pm

Well I just finished a 1/144 KOG and a 1/144 Empress.
So my next kit will be my first 1/100...
I have a Prominence, Phantom and the Hydra.
I'm thinking a White Phantom, as the paint work seems the simplest...

I could definitley do with some tips on paints.
I usually use enamel paints with white spirit.
I experimented with some Mr.Color paints but they were awful and I didn't have any thinner for them.
I've heard most people here use water based acrylic, and then finish the model with an enamel varnish. Is that correct ?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:41 pm

Mr.Color being awful? First time hearing that...Which Mr.Color did you used? Mr.Color lacquer are my favorite kind of paints to work with. I have stored more than 100 bottles waiting to be used :D .

Others usually paint with lacquer or acrylic first and then finish it off with enamel for panel lines.