WSC A-Toll!

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:04 am

Thanks for the pic Sheizzel. :D Now it all makes sense, even that yellow stripe on the head.

The option of building more than one version is very nice and well thought out. I guess Yamagishi would like us to all buy at least two copies. :wink:

I'm biased, because I have been wanting a good A-Toll for ages (my Volks AF is a very bad recast, and the Volks MM is so tiny), but I will make a bold statement: this is the best A-Toll available. 8)

Looking forward to hearing about the swords, KOG. I don't really plan to use them (that mace is too cool to not use), but I would still like to know what should be in the box.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:37 am

From what I've seen, I'd agree that it looks like the best A Toll kit yet made. Not counting the Scritti, mind you. But it's pretty much exactly what I was hoping for from WSC. I can't wait to confirm this impression when I actually receive my kit.

I'm definitely going to use the swords on mine. The mace is alright, but somehow it doesn't seem to fit the A Toll. I guess I would probably go ahead and build the Jabo version?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:07 am

Hmm...I heard same problem about Volks MM A-Toll from KOG before and now elemental...I guess I should forget about getting Volks MM A-Toll in the future and just stick with WSC A-Toll.

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:07 am

I am hoping to take some pics comparing the parts tomorrow. That will help you decide which version is worthwhile. I think you will quickly forget about that old MM :)

The double swords do look good on the A-Toll, but I think I will go with the mace only because nearly everything else has swords. Ideally, it should be possible to replace one with the other. Best of both worlds as the mood takes you. :)

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:57 am

By the way, is WSC A-Toll a free pose or fixed pose kit? I really don't see the point of it by making it into a free pose kit.

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:13 pm

It's Freeeeee Pooooose. You can make it stand, or... um... stand. The usual offering from WSC.

Sorry, Sheizzel, but I haven't done those pics yet.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:33 pm

Heh. If ever there was a kit asking for a true fixed pose joint system, it's A Toll. But it's not surprising coming from WSC.
elemental wrote:It's Freeeeee Pooooose. You can make it stand, or... um... stand. The usual offering from WSC.

Sorry, Sheizzel, but I haven't done those pics yet.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:55 pm

No problem, elemental, I'm in no hurry so take your time. Thanks!

So it's free pose...I wonder how many areas can actually use the free pose system since the armors might be in the way and preventing you from posing it differently...

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:59 pm

I suspect the area with the most 'freedom' is the arms. That's how it was with the AF A Toll, which was also more or less free pose. Doubt you can do much with the legs without making it look awkward. So you can pose with the weapons lowered, or raised.... yay for free pose!

Sorry, had some sarcasm creeping in there...

Sheizzel wrote:No problem, elemental, I'm in no hurry so take your time. Thanks!

So it's free pose...I wonder how many areas can actually use the free pose system since the armors might be in the way and preventing you from posing it differently...

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:35 am

Pics are up:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictu ... 2133214842

I was hoping to use a real camera but I had to make do with a webcam, so don't expect too much in the way of quality. :roll: Still, the overall size differences are apparent. Note the huge cobra veil on the WSC, and the rather large shoulder shields. Other parts are fairly similar in size, except for the Volks MM which is somewhat smaller overall.

Hope this whets your appetites, Sheizzel and KOG (and anybody else, for that matter). :)

Oh, and the backing paper is a 5mm grid.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:59 pm

Thanks for the pics Elemental :D

The size difference between the WSC and the MM is more than just noticeable; they litterally look like they're in different scales.
John F. Moscato

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:12 pm

The size difference with the lower legs is amazing...

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:01 pm

Well, I just found out my A Toll was delivered to my home this morning. Now I have to wait until I get off work to go home and check it out...

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:18 pm

Thanks for the pics, elemental! Wow...seeing those pictures is enough to make me totally forget about MM A-Toll. AF A-Toll seem to match up pretty well with WSC A-Toll in size, especially for such an old kit.

Have fun with your A-Toll, KOG. :D .

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:10 am

John F. Moscato wrote:Thanks for the pics Elemental :D

The size difference between the WSC and the MM is more than just noticeable; they litterally look like they're in different scales.
Yes, WSC scale and Volks scale :wink: I remember Henry made comments about the MM being like a toy. Very true.
Sheizzel wrote:Wow...seeing those pictures is enough to make me totally forget about MM A-Toll. AF A-Toll seem to match up pretty well with WSC A-Toll in size, especially for such an old kit.
If you are after an A-Toll, I wouldn't recommend an AF unless you can get an older recast. The AF I got from e2046 this year suffers from horrible casting quality. Of course, if you like a challenge, and lots of prep work...