volks MM Bang Doll progress pic

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:09 pm

I'm not sure of the exact ratios in the mix since I did a bit of fiddling around to get a color I liked.

But as near as I can guess, it's about 65% testors model master flat azure blue, 10% testors model master flat napoleonic violet, and about 25% flat white.

You may have to fiddle around with the ratios a bit to match that exact color. I may have dumped in a little more white and violet than I remember...

WayS'Lo' wrote:That is looking very nice, i really like the colour youve used for it, shame its out of my reach for the time being :(
What exactly is the colour mix uve used for that? i have a few gundams that could benefit from that gray.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:39 pm

You know... I think the photo IS more or less showing the accurate color after all.

I think my monitor settings at home are at fault. When I looked at the pic on my home monitor, the color looked too intense and purple. But looking at it on a work monitor... the color looks pretty correct.

So you guys should probably be seeing a fairly accurate version of the color.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:24 am

Actually, the WSC doesn't looks so bad when compared to the proportions of the original illustration...

http://home.earthlink.net/~latinhypercu ... rison6.jpg

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:26 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:Actually, the WSC doesn't looks so bad when compared to the proportions of the original illustration...

Ironically, that's the Volks Bang, not the WSC :)

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:33 am

I think it was meant to be a comparison between both Volks and WSC Bang. I still can't get over the stubby look of WSC Bang...

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:09 pm

Volks to the left, WSC to the right.

Hellequin wrote:
Hydra Mirage wrote:Actually, the WSC doesn't looks so bad when compared to the proportions of the original illustration...

Ironically, that's the Volks Bang, not the WSC :)

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:42 pm

The WSC looks nicer, and closer to the line-art.
John F. Moscato

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:57 pm

Anyone noticed how the 'V' symbol is the wrong way round on the WSC (Leg & Shoulder) ?

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:00 pm

Actually, the original WSC kit uses decals for the Vs. So you can turn them any way you want. I guess the G system version sculpted on the Vs in the wrong direction. That's actually the V positioning for the square shield version, I think.

For the G sys version, you can just sand off the sculpted Vs and get decal replacements.
Hydra Mirage wrote:Anyone noticed how the 'V' symbol is the wrong way round on the WSC (Leg & Shoulder) ?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:54 pm

John F. Moscato wrote:The WSC looks nicer, and closer to the line-art.
I always thought that Volks Bang look closer to the lineart than WSC. WSC on the other hand look like the actual Bang that appeared in the older Manga, I think.

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:21 am

Actually, in some ways, I too am starting to think the WSC looks a bit more like the lineart. The head especially. I just wish original WSC Bang came with a much bigger shield.