volks MM Bang Doll progress pic

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

KOG

volks MM Bang Doll progress pic

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:43 am

I just took this photo to show some friends, so I figured I'd post it here as well so more people could see what I'm working on.

This is the regular Volks MM Bang Doll - round shield version. It's a recast. The blue-ish color looks pretty vibrant in this photo, but it's a bit softer and more pastel if you see it in real life.

Better shots to come when it's completed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... g_doll.jpg

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:02 am

Looks great so far. Hope to see this Bang along with other kits you've rebuild/painted in you site :D .

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:31 am

Nice :) Smooth with sharp detail. The colour looks great, even if it isn't a true-to-life representation. I like purplish Bangs, rather than grey ones.

That flying LED looks good too. I hope you'll treat us to nice big pics some day soon. 8)

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:32 pm

Very nice. I absolutely love the proportions of the Volks MM Bang doll, and the purple really suits it. I can only assume you're fixing all the joints rather than leaving them flexible, given the way you used to go on about MM kits and their uselessness :P

(You and I seem to share a common taste in paint as well, it seems. Either that or we both just shop at a local model shop that sells the basic testors thinners and MM paints)

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:58 pm

Hey KOG, that looks fantastic !
But I thought you would have made your WSC Bang first ?

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:49 pm

Sheizzel & elemental:

You bet. I'm definitely going to get a full range of pics of Bang Doll and my other 11 finished resins once Bang Doll is finished.

Hellequin:

My local shop (D&J Hobby in San Jose) actually sells more paint than just the testors. But I've found that the testors is ideal for my handpainting needs, so I stick with it.
And yes, I've been fixing all the joints in place. I left my pervious Bang Doll poseable, and it was pretty much a disaster. A lot of the joints got floppy over time. And since I never changed the pose anyway... leaving it poseable felt rather pointless.

Hydra Mirage:

I had actually started working on this Volks Bang Doll a while before I got my WSC original. I had also done another MM Bang Doll a long time ago, and the results were not all that I hoped for... so I felt a strong urge to revisit the subject and 'do it right'.

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:35 am

Looks beautiful, KOG

Nice to see some new stuff from ya, too ^__^

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:34 am

Hey man, loving that Bang. I also like the un-black looking wash that you gave it. Very nice touch.

It looks to be superior than my own kit by far. I'd like to strip down and re-do my own.. but the joints are epoxied into place, along with most of the parts...

Quite a pain in the head, just to think about.

Spread that Volks love. I can't stand it when people claim the WSC to be the better.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:37 am

I'm glad you like it, but you are far too kind. Yours was quite nicely done, I still have the pics saved in my FSS reference folders. Plus you had that nice base/diorama for yours. And the subtle shading which I can not match with my handbrushed efforts. I want to attempt the shaded sword look this time around... but I still have to figure out HOW I'll do it without an airbrush...

Since this is my second MM Bang, I am definitely taking to heart many lessons I learned from building the first. No more joints left unfixed!

Although I do definitely like the Volks more than the WSC... I really wish the Volks had the convenient metal tails of the WSC...

Vincent Valentine wrote:Hey man, loving that Bang. I also like the un-black looking wash that you gave it. Very nice touch.

It looks to be superior than my own kit by far. I'd like to strip down and re-do my own.. but the joints are epoxied into place, along with most of the parts...

Quite a pain in the head, just to think about.

Spread that Volks love. I can't stand it when people claim the WSC to be the better.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:59 am

Very clean.

What's that robot at the far right w/ the chest the shape of a car?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:04 pm

That would be a transformer :P
I'm trying to remember... you did yours in a diorama of the bang standing on a lake, didn't you? Memory... hazy... If that was yours then I remember being quite impressed with it.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:35 pm

Hellequin is right. It's a transformer.

Specifically it's a Binaltech series transformer called Streak, made by Takara.

Happy Hopping wrote:Very clean.

What's that robot at the far right w/ the chest the shape of a car?

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:33 pm

Damn, I really want to get the WSC Bang off KOG. But all my kits are Volks so far, and I think I prefer the Volks Bang.
It's difficult to compare the them, but I managed to find two similar images.
The Volks is on the Left and the WSC is on the right.

http://home.earthlink.net/~latinhypercu ... rison3.jpg

The biggest difference I can tell is the waist on the WSC is almost none existant.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:51 pm

You can see the waist of the WSC a bit better on this pic.

http://www.hobbyfan.com/images/resin/rb005.jpg

And some other WSC photos.

http://www.animebox.com.hk/fss57.htm

The G system official photos are rather unflattering for some reason.

Hydra Mirage wrote:
Damn, I really want to get the WSC Bang off KOG. But all my kits are Volks so far, and I think I prefer the Volks Bang.
It's difficult to compare the them, but I managed to find two similar images.
The Volks is on the Left and the WSC is on the right.

http://home.earthlink.net/~latinhypercu ... rison3.jpg

The biggest difference I can tell is the waist on the WSC is almost none existant.

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:02 pm

That is looking very nice, i really like the colour youve used for it, shame its out of my reach for the time being :(
What exactly is the colour mix uve used for that? i have a few gundams that could benefit from that gray.