I need some help from an FSS authority of some kind *wink*

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Jobo42

I need some help from an FSS authority of some kind *wink*

Post by Jobo42 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:40 am

A while back I bought a 1/100 scale model of an LED Mirage with the Flame Launcher (the one that comes in the big red box). I was surfing a modeling site for tips on a Gundam Wing model I had been working on when I saw a completed version of the kit. Needless to say I was captivated by it's intricate design; putting most gundams to shame. Anyways, this kit comes with enough optional decals and parts to make any of the Mirage Knights' Mortar Headds. I wanted to make Prince Sarion's because it looked cool but I was told the Sarion head doesn't fit well with the flame launcher pack so I decided to make a regular LED Mirage. I wanted to make a fairly prominant one so I did a little research and decided upon Aisha Codante. According to what I found she is Mirage Knight number 2 but she pilots LED Mirage number 7, which is maked roman numeral 3 (III). This seemed to me to be incorrect information and I'm pretty confused right now. This model seems to be fairly rare and I'd like to build it right so if anyone here would be able to point me in the right direction as to what Aisha's Mirage is supposed to look like I'd greatly appreciate it.

PS-the entire book is in japanese...which is a problem for me. The basic construction is easy but a lot of the labels and mixing instructions for paint is...well somewhat hard for me to understand. If anyone else has completed this kit and can offer their assistance in this area I'd also greatly appreciate your help.

elemental

Post by elemental » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:56 am

You have me confused now... is this one plastic or resin? Made by...??

Jobo42

Post by Jobo42 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:03 am

Oh sorry, I didn't think that would matter. It's the plastic kit made by Wave.

KOG

Post by KOG » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:16 am

hrm... I have the Volks resin LED Mirage Aisha kit. As far as I can remember, it's labelled as "II". Not "III". I'll have to dig out the kit and double check though.

The main thing to remember about the Aisha version, other than numbering, is that the Aisha version has some little flowers painted on the head. I think the Wave kit provides decals for these flower designs.

I have an illustration which shows the placement of the flower designs, I'll see about scanning it later. It's in one of the Character books I think? Or maybe someone already has that image scanned?

What do you need to know about the colors? Mostly it's pretty straightforward: red and white and black and metallics... the main thing is to decide which metallic to use (for the ankle armor, wrist guards, heard crest, and so on), and which color to use for the mechanical areas (waist, hands, knee joints, etc).

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:23 am

I do believe this is the image you're thinking of. If that's the case, it's marked III (at least in this picture).

http://mypage.iu.edu/~miconway/colus88.jpg

As for the numbering discrepancy... you'll have to get an answer from someone more knowledgable than I but I believe that the numberings of the AKD Mortar Headds are purposefully mixed up in the manga so that enemies will never know which mirage knight they're actually fighting. I think. Again, you'll have to get a confirmation from someone more knowledgable than I.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:58 am

Yes, Hellequin is correct. Aisha's LED is indeed marked no. III, u can check the list from here http://www2.odn.ne.jp/ihatov/JIA/FSSlists/index.html click 'List of Mirage Machines'.

The [Body No.] is the number painted on the body of the LED Mirage.

Maybe you'll also like to know that
- Aisha actually never used this particular LED Mirage.
- It is the same LED Mirage used by Sarion in the 3159 Invasion.
- Notice the eyelashes under the eyes too.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:35 pm

Funny thing is, the Mirage machines with their numbers stenciled on them might actually no longer be "in vogue" by the time the Flame equipment is used for the 3159 invasion of Addler.

If you look at Nagano's older renderings from the Atork war, and the very first chapter of book 1(Juno 3960), the mirage machines have not only their body numbers, but also the pilot/fatima names stenciled on them... Flash-foreward about 15 years in Nagano's mind, and things change. The Volks V3 LED only has the Mirage body number, but no crew names, or superfluous "nose art" other than the angels on the lower leg, which I think is standard on all machines. Then look at the 3159 Napalm kit, and you'll notice that the body numbers are completely gone: only the blood cross, the AKD diamond, and for reasons I can't explain, the symbol of the Black Knight on the fatima cockpit armor.

A colleague of mine and I had a little discussion about why this might be, and though we have no real proof, we gathered that, because the Mirage machines will essentially be used to commit great atrocities from that point on, that Amateras might want to not only confuse any opponent fighting the LEDs on the battlefield, but also maintain total anonymity for the Mirage knight/fatima within; especially since a number of Mirage knights also hold positions in public office.

Granted, this is only a theory of mine, and those more knowledgeable might be able to shed more light on this.
John F. Moscato

KOG

Post by KOG » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:12 pm

Yup, thanks, that's the artwork I was talking about.

I just double checked my Volks kit, it looks like my memory was a bit faulty. It is indeed marked as 'III'.

By the way Hellequin... are you the same mcon9z9 who used to post at the old gundam.com?

Hellequin wrote:I do believe this is the image you're thinking of. If that's the case, it's marked III (at least in this picture).

http://mypage.iu.edu/~miconway/colus88.jpg

As for the numbering discrepancy... you'll have to get an answer from someone more knowledgable than I but I believe that the numberings of the AKD Mortar Headds are purposefully mixed up in the manga so that enemies will never know which mirage knight they're actually fighting. I think. Again, you'll have to get a confirmation from someone more knowledgable than I.

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:49 am

That's me... can't really think of any other mcon9z9's out there :P . I lurked on Heika.net forever too. I think I had a total postcount of 12 by the time it went under. Heh. I had to move over when it went... I may not talk much but I have to have my FSS kit news, even if I almost never buy anything :D .

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:32 am

True enough.

I dunno if you'll remember me or not, but I was amaterasu no mikado, and later KOG Water Dragon, at gundam.com. Before it too went down...

Hellequin wrote:That's me... can't really think of any other mcon9z9's out there :P

Jobo42

Post by Jobo42 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:00 am

Thanks you guys, you're awesome!

I found that site you pointed out, Rubel, but I wasn't sure whether or not the info was valid because the majority of the text seems to be foreign characters that my computer cannot translate.

I'm sorry to do this after all you've done already but I have a few more questions...

I noticed that it was stated that Aisha never actually used her LED Mirage and I was wondering if it would still be concurrent with the story if I tried to build hers (it actually existed right?). Also, would it be correct to display her Mirage with the flame launcher, and if it is, would there be markings on the launcher specific for Aisha? I noticed that besides the red and green roman numeral decals there is a small amount printed in black. There are only three numbers printed like that and "III" (which I assume is Aisha) is one of them. I couldn't see what it was for because it's not mentioned in the instructions (a frustration recurrent with many of the decals). My best guess is that it's supposed to be for the flame launcher but, as you know, I can't even claim it to be an educated guess.

Alecto is Aisha's fatima from what I've found but there seems to be very little info about him/her (I haven't even determined what gender he/she is). If any of you might give me a little info about Alecto or any images of him/her too I'd again be very thankful.

I've noticed that the kit also comes with some melee weapons which through a little research are called speids I think. I've looked around and seen them painted in many different colors and I was wonder how exactly the blade and scabbard are supposed to be painted. The blades seem to be most commonly painted either bright red or a silver color.

Oh, and if any of you know of any detailed, color pictures of the LED Mirage I'm sure I could use them. Or better yet, if you know of a site that gives a detailed outline of the story that would be great and it would also save you from all of these annoying questions I have :wink:

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:15 am

I noticed that it was stated that Aisha never actually used her LED Mirage and I was wondering if it would still be concurrent with the story if I tried to build hers (it actually existed right?). Also, would it be correct to display her Mirage with the flame launcher, and if it is, would there be markings on the launcher specific for Aisha?
I think the machine DID exist. Otherwise Sarion wouldn't be able to use it later, right? The Sarion LED bears the number 'III' also, so I guess they mainly changed the head when he took it over. The Aisha LED has never really been shown with the flame unit, but I believe any LED is ABLE to use it.

I noticed that besides the red and green roman numeral decals there is a small amount printed in black. There are only three numbers printed like that and "III" (which I assume is Aisha) is one of them. I couldn't see what it was for because it's not mentioned in the instructions (a frustration recurrent with many of the decals). My best guess is that it's supposed to be for the flame launcher but, as you know, I can't even claim it to be an educated guess.
The black numbers are for the 'Colus version' LEDs. These LEDs have black/grey leg stripes instead of red, have a black stripe and colus emblem on the shield, have no mirage emblems, and are labelled I through III. You'll want to stick with the red numbers for an Aisha LED. Or any non-Colus LED. You'll find that you don't need all, or even most, of the decals on the rather ample decal sheet. All you need is a few red numerals in a few locations, lots of mirage crosses... and the flowers on the head if you're building Aisha's unit.

Alecto is Aisha's fatima from what I've found but there seems to be very little info about him/her (I haven't even determined what gender he/she is). If any of you might give me a little info about Alecto or any images of him/her too I'd again be very thankful.
I believe Alecto is a fellah? I have no pics though. I could be wrong of course... I know more about kits than characters.

I've noticed that the kit also comes with some melee weapons which through a little research are called speids I think. I've looked around and seen them painted in many different colors and I was wonder how exactly the blade and scabbard are supposed to be painted. The blades seem to be most commonly painted either bright red or a silver color.
LEDs are seen with 2 different kinds of swords: metal katana-style swords, and beam swords. I think the kit only comes with the metal swords? The metal swords are silvery of course. White scabbards. The red swords you've seen may have been kits with beam swords. But a flame unit LED does not carry any swords at all. Since certain equipment is attached to a flame unit LED's skirts, in place of where the swords normally attach.

Oh, and if any of you know of any detailed, color pictures of the LED Mirage I'm sure I could use them. Or better yet, if you know of a site that gives a detailed outline of the story that would be great and it would also save you from all of these annoying questions I have :wink:
Let me get back to you on that.... in the meantime, I think Sheizzel has a large library of links...

Jobo42

Post by Jobo42 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:54 am

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to come to you if I have any more questions (if that's not too much trouble). If I get around to uploading my progress on the model I'll be sure to mention all of your guys' help.

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:15 am

According to the Nagano drawing of the old LED, the Spadd (beam sabre) is from a green > yellow > clear colour (near the tip). So 'green' is the best choice here.

Alecto is a Female Fatima. She has quite a part in Traffics, if I recall.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:34 am

Darn it. I know SOME female headdliner had a male fatima. Who was it?

Vincent Valentine wrote:According to the Nagano drawing of the old LED, the Spadd (beam sabre) is from a green > yellow > clear colour (near the tip). So 'green' is the best choice here.

Alecto is a Female Fatima. She has quite a part in Traffics, if I recall.