New kits from Volks

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:20 am

Hm. Advertisements like this are meant to get people excited about the new kit, usually. I think if they planned on a new pose, they'd want to show the new pose in ads to get people as excited as possible.

So I really suspect the pose we see here is the pose we will get. You never know though. Maybe the kit will come with arm parts for both standing and special poses?

Sheizzel wrote:I guess no one will know what Volks'intention and planning is. I'm guessing the new Phantom isn't finished yet, or maybe I'm just hoping for a Phantom with a new pose instead of the one seen in the black and white.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:28 am

I can't say I'm too excited about the new Phantom but I am excited that Volks is finally coming out with something new. I just hope there will be plenty more to come in 2005.

It doesn't seem like Volks style to include optional parts to build different versions, or am I wrong?

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:58 am

I am excited about Red Phantom only because I like to have as many different MH kits as possible, and the idea of a potential full Phantom set (if they do a black one) excites me.

As for examples of option parts from Volks...

MM Siren F had parts for holding the veil in 2 different ways.

And the last Volks Ashura Temple had parts to build the kit with normal shoulders, or with dragon tooth arms + different shoulders.

Sheizzel wrote:I can't say I'm too excited about the new Phantom but I am excited that Volks is finally coming out with something new. I just hope there will be plenty more to come in 2005.

It doesn't seem like Volks style to include optional parts to build different versions, or am I wrong?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:37 am

Even with those two kits that had optional parts, I'm still not convinced that Volks would go out of their way to give extra sets of arms so you can choose which pose to build the kit in. If they have thought of the option for a new pose, then they could have easily sculpted the new Phantom in a new pose.

The release of this new phantom reminds me of the old MM LED Variations.

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:47 am

Reminds me of the LEDs also. Except the LEDs were MM, so they could do many poses, so there was no need for extra option parts. These Phantoms are fixed pose, so it's a different metter.

But yeah, all in all, I don't expect red phantom to have option parts. It'll probably just be in that basic pose...

Sheizzel wrote:Even with those two kits that had optional parts, I'm still not convinced that Volks would go out of their way to give extra sets of arms so you can choose which pose to build the kit in. If they have thought of the option for a new pose, then they could have easily sculpted the new Phantom in a new pose.

The release of this new phantom reminds me of the old MM LED Variations.

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:27 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:Hey Elemental, I just order my Prominence and Phantom.
They are both favorites of mine amongst Nagano's designs.

Do you think the Phantom upgrade will be available as additional parts for the original Phantom ?
I very much doubt it. Maybe via recasters? But then again, probably not.
John F. Moscato wrote:Personally, I just want to find out conclusively if they plan to continue with the FSS liscence; I'm hearing all this different stuff through the grapevine now that I'm no longer sure what to believe.
Hey John, I for one appreciate you passing on what you hear from the industry. The English speaking FSS world is a bit out of the loop, and sources such as yourself are valuable.
KOG wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if they release a black phantom later to round out the set.
That would be nice. Preferably in the kneeling pose, with appropriate shield and other details.

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:06 am

Hmm... if they didn't bother to change the pose for the red one, I doubt they would change the pose for the black one either...

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:25 am

Now that I think about it, this new Phantom will most likely be another Phantom with some minor changes but pretty much sticking with the original release of the white Phantom. I just realized how similar Volks MM Bangs were...So I guess my hopes for a different pose Phantom is just about gone.

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:53 am

KOG wrote:Hmm... if they didn't bother to change the pose for the red one, I doubt they would change the pose for the black one either...
I'm trying to be optimistic. 8) You have to admit a kneeling black one would be very cool.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:54 pm

elemental wrote:
KOG wrote:Hmm... if they didn't bother to change the pose for the red one, I doubt they would change the pose for the black one either...
I'm trying to be optimistic. 8) You have to admit a kneeling black one would be very cool.
It would certainly go well together with a kneeling B4 and an Empress :D .

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:01 pm

Found these from another board...

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:37 pm

Thanks^^

About a kneeling Black Phantom, I've tried to make my CG Phantom kneeling, well the sculptors are gonna have some headaches to sculpt one.

There are several problems for the Phantom to kneel properly :
-the feet are too high (B4's heels are way shorter)
-the feet have no toe-link
-the B4 skirt is made of a lot of small parts, while the Phantom's skirt is made of only 3 big parts. And moving those parts without intersecting with any other part is really difficult.
-The ankle armor is really big, it's gonna be hard to place it a different way.

elemental

Post by elemental » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:29 am

Under the Red Phantom it says 2005 1 1. Release date?

Hugtrang looks nicely done.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:42 am

The release date for the Phantom is set for January 2005 but it didn't have the exact date.

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:05 pm

You know, I really like this Volks Red Phantom more than the Silicon Tribe version. I mean, I preferred Volks Phantom from the beginning... but this red version just backs that up.