Question about the history of Fatimas

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tomexe

Question about the history of Fatimas

Post by Tomexe » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:03 am

On the Fatima page here, http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/fatimas/history.php it refers to a cruder type of mass produced fatima that were slave soldiers and prostitutes. Part of that is mentioned in the back pages to English Vol 1.

But in Vol 23, with Inter City's death scene, they refer to her and her sisters birth in JC 2310 as the first apperance of Fatimas in Joker.

Do they just ignore the older models? The only consider MH piloting Fatimas to be "real" fatimas? Is this a continuity error on the authors part? Or a change in the story line?

It makes more sense that there would be a earlier version of fatimas, and it goes along with the chronology. But has Nagano decided to depart from that?

Which is the "real" version of events?

Tomexe

Hey, who is the fatima with Sopp on the main intro jpg?

Post by Tomexe » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:11 am

Referring to this image:http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/main-intro.jpg

Its from the Juno War in 3960, who is that person? She is dressed lika a fatima. She is blond. Neither Est nor Atropos are blond. Who is she?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:22 pm

In volume 22[EN] when they were talking about the first appearance of Fatima, they were specifically talking about Fatima built for MH control. In the modern age, when anyone mentions Fatima, this is what they are usually talking about.

Now, this doesn't contradict the history that Nagano-san laid out...even though he does this sometimes (remember his saying: The latest version is the correct one!). There have been fatima-like constructs since the days of the Super Empire. In volume 21, Ned Swans, the last of the Super Empire Chevaliers, is running around with a companion named Vatsher, who is a "Demilight" which is a construct similar to a fatima. She was made by someone named Metto Thuka of Kallamity...she's considered an "Information gathering Wizard" (whatever that's supposed to mean!)

So as you can see, the history happened as Nagano said it did...he hasn't contradicted himself on that point.....yet.
Shinei!

Poseidal

Re: Hey, who is the fatima with Sopp on the main intro jpg?

Post by Poseidal » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:36 pm

Tomexe wrote:Referring to this image:http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/main-intro.jpg

Its from the Juno War in 3960, who is that person? She is dressed lika a fatima. She is blond. Neither Est nor Atropos are blond. Who is she?
She's the Fatima Amaterasu takes after Lachesis is lost, and I think she pilots the KOG AT (of course, before it is the AT) with the real Amaterasu.

She isn't a one of the three, although I can't remember her name or meight.

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:25 pm

I always thought it WAS Atropos... didnt she dye her hair blond when she was posing as AT Lime? Tahts the impression i got from when she first appeared in the Manaa.

Tomexe

Re: Hey, who is the fatima with Sopp on the main intro jpg?

Post by Tomexe » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:38 am

Poseidal wrote:
Tomexe wrote:Referring to this image:http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/main-intro.jpg

She's the Fatima Amaterasu takes after Lachesis is lost, and I think she pilots the KOG AT (of course, before it is the AT) with the real Amaterasu.

She isn't a one of the three, although I can't remember her name or meight.
FocusLight perhaps?
In volume 21, Ned Swans, the last of the Super Empire Chevaliers, is running around with a companion named Vatsher, who is a "Demilight" which is a construct similar to a fatima. She was made by someone named Metto Thuka of Kallamity...she's considered an "Information gathering Wizard" (whatever that's supposed to mean!)
I had thought that Swans Vatsher was a inorganic android? What was left after she burned up kind of suggested it too. That kind of AI was one of the various arts that the JC century lost the ability to make, the closest thing reamaining being the AI's in the mortar headds.

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:10 pm

Come to think of it, it may well be Atropos, although can someone tell us the name of his non Atropos, non Lachisis Fatimas?

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:49 am

Poseidal wrote:Come to think of it, it may well be Atropos, although can someone tell us the name of his non Atropos, non Lachisis Fatimas?
There are the three that he uses for MH design, Bucstual, Vitter-Schass, and...

crap forgot her name, anyone?

But I thought that they were not "normal" fatimas, certainly Bucstual is not.

What does Focuslight look like anyways?

Also we see "AT Lime" meet "Vacher" in Eng Vol 24. And she is already sporting the collar length black haircut that the "adult" Atropos has in 4100..

Mave

Post by Mave » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:46 am

crap forgot her name, anyone?
You are thinking about CecesterChesrem (yes thats how its spelled according to the ip WAVE LED Mirage manual)