New kits from Volks

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

New kits from Volks

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:01 pm

It seems that Volks is currently working on another variation of the Phantom and a Fatima figure. It is encouraging to see new stuff coming out from Volks although it is not a totally new MH kit...

Here are some pictures from both HJ and Model Graphic.

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:47 pm

The fatima seems to be Hugtrang, and the Phantom would be just un upgrade kit ? (we can see the stabilizers are curved rather than straight, and the back part of the feet, but no shields)

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:11 pm

At the end of the coverage in Model Graphics there is a couple of pages with an interview with Nagano, something about kits and licensing?...Only if I can read Japanese...

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:49 am

Sheizzel wrote:At the end of the coverage in Model Graphics there is a couple of pages with an interview with Nagano, something about kits and licensing?...Only if I can read Japanese...
This forum needs to employ a full time translator. :wink:

You have made my day, Sheizzel. Even a rehash of the Volks Phantom is better than nothing.

Coincidentally, I have spent the last few days assembling my Volks Phantom. All I can say is... this is going to be one FUN kit to paint. All those small parts for the hips and forearms go together very elegantly; not that you could tell from looking at net photos, the armour hides all that nice detail. After recently painting both Neptune and Prominence, this Phantom is definitely a step upwards, satisfaction-wise. And that is no small compliment! :D

As for the figures... I saw a decent Hugtrang in the FAC bit in Dec Model Graphix. I wonder if this is the same one? There was a nice looking Fatima Lapis, too.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:15 pm

Hey Elemental, I just order my Prominence and Phantom.
They are both favorites of mine amongst Nagano's designs.

Do you think the Phantom upgrade will be available as additional parts for the original Phantom ?

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:41 pm

I know someone who can read Japanese.... He posts at the FineScale Modeler message boards and goes by the name J-Hulk

I've had him translate a few things for me, but he's reliable ^__^

Though if it's alot to translate, he might want to get paid, but I dunno

Always worth it to ask him, though

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:24 pm

Yep, the crotch assembly for the Phantom is nice and complicated! Too bad it is covereed up by the armor. The first thing I mentioned when i mine pinned up was all the good stuff are hidden under the armor...

I think I know which Hugtrang you're talking about in FAC, but I doubt this is the same one.

Akuma, there is a lot to be translated, 3 pages...
Last edited by Sheizzel on Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:46 pm

Personally, I just want to find out conclusively if they plan to continue with the FSS liscence; I'm hearing all this different stuff through the grapevine now that I'm no longer sure what to believe.
John F. Moscato

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:22 pm

New Phantom from Volks? Wow... very unexpected.

Perhaps Volks is not quitting after all? Or is that too much to hope?

I guess this is going to be a red phantom kit?

Wouldn't surprise me if they release a black phantom later to round out the set.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:34 pm

Yeah...I wondering what is the future for Volks in FSS? Although a new Phantom is coming out, it could just be a small project till the licensing period ends for Volks? I hope that's not the case...

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:38 pm

I suppose it's possible that they were working on these phantom variants a while ago, and are just releasing them now.

Sheizzel wrote:Yeah...I wondering what is the future for Volks in FSS? Although a new Phantom is coming out, it could just be a small project till the licensing period ends for Volks? I hope that's not the case...

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:57 pm

It doesn't add up with the time that had gone by since the release of the first Phantom. There isn't all that much to do especially when they are using the already made phantom as a base and have the parts to work with. What can possibly take Volks this long to add a shoulder emblem, wavy stablizers, and taking away the shields?

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:02 am

Well, even if they took a long while to release it, it doesn't mean they've been working on it this whole time. They might have finished it a while ago, and then decided not to release it for a while.

It's possible that they wanted to wait a bit so they could sell it much later while they were taking their time on other projects. A 'filler' kit.

I really really REALLY hope this red phantom is meant to pacify us rabid FSS kit fans while they take their time to work on something really cool...

Sheizzel wrote:It doesn't add up with the time that had gone by since the release of the first Phantom. There isn't all that much to do especially when they are using the already made phantom as a base and have the parts to work with. What can possibly take Volks this long to add a shoulder emblem, wavy stablizers, and taking away the shields?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:07 am

I guess no one will know what Volks'intention and planning is. I'm guessing the new Phantom isn't finished yet, or maybe I'm just hoping for a Phantom with a new pose instead of the one seen in the black and white.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:16 am

THe delay in the release could very well have been due to liscensing re-negociation/disputes.

I know for a fact that the guy at Volks showcase told my client that they were getting out of FSS, but I'm wondering if this wasn't just some kind of bluff to negociate a lower royalty with TP? Either that, or Volks was just holding off until everything was settled legally, and they weren't sure if they were goingto re-up or not.
John F. Moscato