yet another MH question

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

FSS is totally emo

yet another MH question

Post by FSS is totally emo » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:28 am

so, pardon my extreme ignorance again, but is there any explanation as to how the "flying" active veils work? (a la the flame empress and others where they seem to fly off the MH and deflect an oncoming attack)- from the artwork it doesnt seem to have any sort of propulsion- like a funnel from gundam (and it is obviously of a defensive nature, rahter than a long range attack device)

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:10 am

They levatate. FSS is actually a fantasy story instead of Sci-fi. There are rarely any concise explainations in FSs.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:03 am

cobywan wrote:They levatate. FSS is actually a fantasy story instead of Sci-fi. There are rarely any concise explainations in FSs.
Oh so that wasn't a art error, they really WERE flying!

Well the motorcycles of the time float, but the veils seem to lack the engine bulge.

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:40 am

Yeah, otherwise the movement that Jagd Mirage displays with its upper body doesn't make any sense! :D

The Empress is unique in the sense that her veils move independently in mid air, but all MH's are actually floating their heavy armors, so their frames do not bear the weight.

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:10 pm

do all Atoll have active veils? or just swans

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:18 pm

Not all A-Tolls do.
Of the four models that has made appearences; Swans squadron BS Cobra, Embryo squadron, Silver, and Scritty; only the Swans squadron's BS Cobra has the round veils on shoulders.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:28 pm

The Floating or "Anti-Gravity" effects seem to be a by-product of Ezlaser technology. MH's have been seen using their Ezlasers to float and "skate" above a surface (like Dom's from Gundam) to full flight in atmosphere and space.

As mentioned above, they use their ezlaser anti-gravity aspect to reduce the weight of their armor, which allows the MH to move very quickly.

Here's a scene of MH's using their Ezlasers to fly:

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/manga/no ... 1M0009.jpg

And a pic of the MM: Auge just because its so damned lovely:

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/manga/se ... 9M0016.jpg
Shinei!

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:06 am

i <heart> the auge, but its origin confuses me, is it a machine messiah or the second generation KOG (with schelptor and KOG being 1 and 3), cuz ive heard both.

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:10 am

Theres a MM (ie-ancient) version piloted by someone i dont know but im pretty sure someone else does. Probably Hitori or Nu. It wasn't designed for fatima piloting (like the MM Yen Xing ) but has recently been modified to do so. I do knwo the headliner is part of the Amatarasu family (maybe higher than Amat himself.. not sure) and he (she?) is extreemely vain. If i get my facts right he challenged Melody in the middle of the Majestic stand just to prove that the Auge was a more beautiful mh than the Engage Octaver.
The MH Auge (KOG V2) is a copy by Amat and i think u got the rest right.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:31 am

The pilot of the MM: Auge is St. Greens of the Amaterasu family. A Knight Master and he holds ultimate authority over the Amaterasu family (for some odd reason) and thus also over the Mirage Knights as well (he chastises them for losing to the Black Three)

His fatima is Diode. An elder fatima model, if her gauges are any indication...

Now, I'm going to make a slight assumption here, but its a reasonable one.

The Machine Messiah: Auge is the original one, been in the Amaterasu family for millenia.

The Mortar Headd: Auge designed by Sopp was based on the original MM: Auge. This coresponds to L-Gaim where there was an Auge Heavy Metal, then a more powerful Original Auge version as well....
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:11 am

yup, Nu Soard is right. St Greens is acting as some sort of a 'supervisor' to keep Amaterasu in check. Just an authority thing, but he has no say in political issues though.

MM AUGE is indeed a Mortar Messiah from the AD millenia, but it underwent minor changes to incorporate a fatima. It is said that the engine is the same as the MM Yan Xing's.

Litium Balance's 5th fatima, Diode, is specially made for MM AUGE. She's one of the very few fatimas who didn't get her plastics style suit becoz of the complications involving the modifications of the fatima cockpit.

Judging from the engine serial numbers, I suspect the MH Patraqushe Aluusqull (MH Auge) is made before MH Water Dragon (Schpeltor). MH Aluusqull was made for Kaien, and MH Water Dragon for Hirarchy, but Kaien inherited MH Water Dragon instead.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:24 pm

...On the subject of the AUGE, here's something I was wondering about.

In the early days of the internet, japanese FSS fans had come to the conclusion that the reason why the Patriarch Mirage's face looks just like the AUGE's is because it's the same component. Essentially, the theory was that when the KOG had its little "teleport" accident on the shoal zone of Kallamity(the destruction of Kallamity in 32--), what happened was that Amateras & the BODY of the KOG were recovered, but the fatima cockpit/head/brain stemn of the KoG(the head is supposed to be where the time warp circutry is) are what actually vanished.

As a result, Sopp repaired the KoG with the core/remains of the MH AUGE, and thus resulted in the Patriarch Mirage... I always liked that theory myself, and it seems to make a certain amount of sense, but I'm not sure if it holds up with the newer, current info. Any opinions on this one?
John F. Moscato

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:40 pm

While that does make sense to a degree... what with only the head of the original kog being fount by taika etc i think the story so far suggests that it was the whole kog that was lost. From what i remember the kog was wading through a lake when the lake solidified. So that the area around it wouldn't destroy the kog when the planet exploded the Jagds in space blasted a ring around the area so that it would instead fly out into space, and thats what happened. Thats just from what i remember and i dont actually know how Amat managed to get out ( Laki probably hit the 'HL eject button' to protect him). There is an illustration of the KOG on Fortune in the year 7777 and it is of the whole thing ( the Patraqushe was destroyed by the Judgement at the time of the fall of the AKD) so it probably wasn't just the head that was lost. Then again there is something about Laki 'fixing' the KOG on one of the planets she visited so... ahh too many possibilities.

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:48 pm

But the Auge is almost totally destroyed right ? (JP book 7, p114)

In fact almost only the face mask may not have burn in the self-destruction.

This self-destruction clearl looks like one :wink: toprevent the opponent to be able to recover anything from the MH I guess, so I don't really see how there could've been anything saved.

TSP

Post by TSP » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:05 pm

After all the most pic or models that show the KOG in a meteorite, only contain Head and some parts from the chest. Maybe Nagano should reveal more details about Wil era~7777 in the mangas.