last MH question

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Post Reply
FSS is totally emo

last MH question

Post by FSS is totally emo » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:23 am

okay, here's your chance to laugh at FSS is totally emo's n00b-iness.

the engage octaver- it looks alot like junchoon, are they related?

User avatar
Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:59 am
Location: Float Temple

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:25 am

indeed they are.

The Engage Octaver SR-1 is the original "grand daddy" of the Junchoon. It was comissioned (Designed?) by Colus XXI, Colus XXIII's grandpa. The reason it looks more "modern" than the Junchoon is because its been refitted and redesigned by Dr. Diamond Neutral, who's design motifs are currently en vogue around the galaxy...

There are several MH's in the engage series...all are Colus flag MH's, belonging to one of the Colus Royal families or another;

1: Engage Octaver SR-1. Commissioned by Colus XXI. Given over to the Melody family and piloted by Kensai Harricone Melody Needlenoid. After the Melody family was dispossesed, the Engage SR-1 was taken by the last daughter of House Melody, Arr Fortissimo Melody IV. It is still in her possesion and she is currently working for Hathua as Sword Instructor and body guard of His Royal Highness, Depre Zen Atoll.

2: Engage MK2. Comissioned by Colus XXII to replace the Octaver after it passed to the Melody family. Later given over to House Meistner. Since house Meistner currently has no Headdliner heir to pilot it, it has been loaned out to the fiancee of the Meistner prince, Mallory Viewlard Hierarchy. She is the sister of Mission Routh (Voards Viewlard!).

3: Engage SR-2 "Junchoon" Designed by Colus XXIII. We all know this one. However, when it was re-tuned by Sopp and given a Mirage engine, it is no longer considered an Engage machine and is now considered a Mirage machine instead.

4: Engage SR-3. Comissioned by Colus XXIV, however due to his mothers wishes, Colus IV does not pilot MH or impress fatima, and thus duties as battle leader fall to his elder sister, Saylay, which includes the SR-3. It was designed and built by Dr. Diamond Neutral. After its construction and delivery to Colus, Colus meights redesigned the external armor to resemble the Junchoon of Colus XXIII, thus it is nicknamed the "Saylay Junchoon". It is also called the "Jade Temple" because it is a Diamond Neutral design (originator of the "Temple" series of MH's including the Ashura Temple and the AKD's Blood Temple MH)

There you have it, the hierarchy of the Engage series of MH's. One wonders if more in this series is forth coming. Nagano obviously likes drawing the Junchoon/L-gaim so much he simply cannot wait untill the 4100 era to bring it back....
Shinei!

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:38 am

Thanks for that, I had an idea of their origins but never in that much detail. Personally i dont like the idea of the Junchoon not being the first, kinda takes away the prestige and uniqueness the Junchoon had untl Knight flags...
Anyway just a few follow up questions, Why is Vielard's sister going around with the name Viewlard? Isn't that HIS alter ego?
What part do each take in the majestic stand? I know Meoldy is in Hathuha, but what about the other 2?
Lastly, does anyone know what the SR3 looked like before it was converted ( i always thought it was built to those specifications).

User avatar
hitori
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Lucky Channel

Post by hitori » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:14 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:4: Engage SR-3. Comissioned by Colus XXIV, however due to his mothers wishes, Colus IV does not pilot MH or impress fatima, and thus duties as battle leader fall to his elder sister, Saylay, which includes the SR-3.
Very minor correction.
Engage SR-3 was commissioned by Sayly Colus.
When Jaquos met Sayly in Izumo Astro City, she had been visiting Dr. Diamond Neutral for that reason, with her father's studies on Junchoon in that backpack.

extra tidbits:
Sayly had ties to Dr. Diamond Neutral because Neutral was involved in the development of Colus' next generation MH, the Berlin SR2.
He was also perfecting Colus III's Piedoll Spire design, so it was given to SR-3.
It seems that Sayly was involved in the designing process of the SR-3.
Test pilot? Or did she inherit some talents from her dad?

Taking the role of the Premier Knight for her brother is not the only thing Sayly does for Colus.
It is through her line that Colus' Royal bloodline is carried on.
Either by accident or by choice, Colus IV didn't leave any heir.

User avatar
Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:59 am
Location: Float Temple

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:15 am

hitori wrote:
Very minor correction.
Engage SR-3 was commissioned by Sayly Colus.
When Jaquos met Sayly in Izumo Astro City, she had been visiting Dr. Diamond Neutral for that reason, with her father's studies on Junchoon in that backpack.
Oh, thanks for the correction. I have not yet aquired the English version of Volume X where that happens, so I was unaware of this.

Taking the role of the Premier Knight for her brother is not the only thing Sayly does for Colus.
It is through her line that Colus' Royal bloodline is carried on.
Either by accident or by choice, Colus IV didn't leave any heir.
Doh!

The whole reason that Colus XXIV's mom didn't want him with a Fatima was because she didn't want his queen to feel the same way that she did....second best, because of Colus III's love for his fatima. It looks like her "medling" backfired in the long run....maybe.
Shinei!

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:25 am

Now THAT is a spoiler!

So the unbroken line of 28 generations of headdliners ends with Colus III/XXIII, thanks to his wife... and Colus V is Sayly's child...

User avatar
Poseidal
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Gustgal
Contact:

Post by Poseidal » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:52 am

Also, isn't Colus IV not a headliner?

I can't remember where I heard this, so it might not be correct.

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:27 am

No i think he is... and i dont think that counts as the line being broken cause Sayaly is still his child, and her child is presumably a headliner etc etc.

User avatar
hitori
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Lucky Channel

Post by hitori » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:43 pm

Tomexe wrote:Now THAT is a spoiler!
So the unbroken line of 28 generations of headdliners ends with Colus III/XXIII, thanks to his wife... and Colus V is Sayly's child...
I agree with WayS'Lo' here.
Sayly is Colus III's first born child, and a great Headdliner.
Why would you consider the Colus line broken at all...
Poseidal wrote:Also, isn't Colus IV not a headliner?
I can't remember where I heard this, so it might not be correct.
Colus IV is a Knight.
He just chooses not to become a Headdliner and rejects the "Knighthood" in the English word's sense.

Terminologies.
Knights: persons with superior physical characteristics passed down genetically from the AD era.
Headdliners: Knights that are capable of piloting MH's. Only a relatively small number of Knights can manage the mental/physical stress of the MH cockpit.

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:28 am

thanks, i feel so much more knowledgeable now!

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:24 am

hitori wrote:
Tomexe wrote:Now THAT is a spoiler!
So the unbroken line of 28 generations of headdliners ends with Colus III/XXIII, thanks to his wife... and Colus V is Sayly's child...
I agree with WayS'Lo' here.
Sayly is Colus III's first born child, and a great Headdliner.
Why would you consider the Colus line broken at all...
Poseidal wrote:Also, isn't Colus IV not a headliner?
I can't remember where I heard this, so it might not be correct.
Colus IV is a Knight.
He just chooses not to become a Headdliner and rejects the "Knighthood" in the English word's sense.

Terminologies.
Knights: persons with superior physical characteristics passed down genetically from the AD era.
Headdliners: Knights that are capable of piloting MH's. Only a relatively small number of Knights can manage the mental/physical stress of the MH cockpit.
I guess your right. Since it did stay in the family. But it doesn't follow the rules of primogenitor, father to oldest son. But its also odd then that Sayly didn't get crown herself, but then they were trying to get over the loss of their kind and were trying to not have it repeat itself.

User avatar
Poseidal
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Gustgal
Contact:

Post by Poseidal » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:45 am

Actually, she probably didn't get the crown becasue of the 'rules' of succession: it goes to the eldest male member, like in most countries of this world. In Grees, it is the opposite; Eydas IV recieved the throne being the only successor to his mother.

User avatar
Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:59 am
Location: Float Temple

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:28 pm

This isn't the only time the Colus line has been "broken".

Another Colus king either had no heir or his heir died early and the line of succession actually fell to one of the Melody family. This individual took on the name of Colus and kept the line going...

I'm sure someone will come in here and post the specifics later.
Shinei!

Post Reply