Who's that knight in the Black Three episode ?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Falk

Who's that knight in the Black Three episode ?

Post by Falk » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:39 pm

Who's that guy who looks more like an MH than a human who's fighting along Spaccorn and Sarion ?

He's directly hit by Dis's magic-coat but doesn't seems so bad after that, and has missiles hidden in his armor shoulders... :roll:

I looked at his number (XI) in the FSS lists on the net to see his name, but orange right lists Leopard Chritarys as n°XI, and green left has only a japanese name, and not any other info.
Could it be another knight who replaces a lot of his biologic organs with mechanical parts ? Or a robot ?

Does the "Q" on his left arm means anything special ?

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:13 pm

Mirage Knight GL #11 Major Bross.
It's not quite clear if the "Major" is a rank or a name.
He's been first introduced in that scene you mentioned and was again featured in the L.L.L. episode.
LLL is the small episode between Lachesis and Amaterasu in the garden of Float Temple, right after the Black Three invatsion.
Major Bross is the tall figure with large arms.

The mechanical design is a copy of Mobile Suit Quberley from the anime "Mobile Suit Z Gundam".
Nagano was involved in that TV series anime as a mecha designer.
He was responsible for MS's such as the Quberley, Hamburabi, Hyakushiki, etc.
Quberley's special weapon was the Psycommu Funnels.
They were mentally controlled wireless laser pods that can attack from multiple angles, much like the missles that Bross was using.

There's still not much information about Bross yet.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:24 pm

haha, first time i see that scene in vol 10, i was shocked. Why's a Quebeley doing here~??! Z and ZZ Gundam fans will definitely tell straight off that this is a copy! :D

I guess Myuri Kinki is Hambrabi? :D Look at her pointy hat...

Bross might have already appeared in JP vol 6 (i think), during Sarion's challenge on Laki. He looks alot different though, without his Quebeley armor, but still having his sharp armored claws. Judging from all his appearances, his expertise seems to be his 'claws'.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:47 pm

Thanks both of you for complete answers, once again^^.

So that "Q" means Qubeley I guess :wink: Quite obvious now...

(nice bloody avatar BTW Hitori :twisted: )

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:07 pm

Thanks. =)

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:11 am

the Qubeley, Hambrabi, and Hyakushiki all have their FSS "equivalents", i noticed- the Qubeley being the Helmine, the Hyakushiki being the KOG, and the Hambrabi being the Wunderschatze when its in MA mode.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:18 am

speeking about parralles to Gundam, while they could be just "easter eggs" if the AD era is OUR AD era then the whole Gundam universe, to include Turn A, could be encompassed in the time period before Humans left the Earth's system and arrived in Joker.... there may be a "history" therefore a memory of what a "classic" mechanical knight should look like

just a thought...