FSS : Falk - AD3010

Share your work with the online community

Moderator: kosh

Falk

FSS : Falk - AD3010

Post by Falk » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:57 pm

I found an artwork of Falk was missing in Smokewalls (well in fact no if SW presents the character of book 11/12), as the last artwork of him is the one from Knighflags where his young again, so I did one as he appears in the Black Three episode (exept the red crenels at the bottom of his pant).

The drawing of the whole body was pretty quick, I was estonished (and a bit of resize with photoshop helps a lot), for the head I copied "a bit" the one in my avatar^^.
I tried to copy Nagano's style, and that's hard :p
Well I don't want to sound pedantic, but Nagano draws very few details, and I had to add more details if I wanted it to look good (particularly the muscle details, if you look at Spaccorn arms, there's really not much lines).

For sometimes he was looking quite young, but I changed the face a bit (the eye was crappy first^^), and now I think it's ok, hope you like it^^

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:30 am

Very nice work. Thanks for letting us see this.

If you ever get ideas for changing the appearance of the FSS pages on Gears Online, just let me know. I've been thinking about creating a new style sheet but it's hard for me to visualize a new look.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

bkito

Post by bkito » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:14 am

Awesome work, Falk! But he wasn't wearing a jacket! LOL

BK

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:09 pm

:shock:

Dude! This is so my new Desktop background.

Awsome job. Keep em coming, if you've got more in there...
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:53 pm

Thanks^^ :)

Hehe yep', he has not jacket :p (Now that I think of it, it's mostly his white jacket with the blood cross in the back that inspired me first :wink:
The gold ornaments are great, but it would be a bit "to much" for an everyday coat)

Some style for FSS page ? Mmh... Well as you know I already wanted to do an FSS (well mostly MH site), but this project is on the shelves, maybe forever (no web-programmation skills, and so much things to do... )
Anyway my basic idea would've been to do it mostly B&W, with a bit of red, well you guess right, the AKD colors^^. You can look here, it's a japanese-french board, maybe that's what inspired me inconsciously : http://www.forumjapon.com/sommaire/
Maybe a bit to bright at first, but I got used to it. :wink:
I also have some mmh... "shadow show" ? ("chinese shadows" in french) of most MH (as I outlined all of 'em for my old site (now offline)), and a few ones like Hydra Mirage's avatar, with only B&W shades, that may be used as background or whatever.
Or maybe not doing it only AKD, but with various logo here and there.
The main problem would be to keep it in harmony with the whole site style.

There's also a few things that could be done first, like putting everything in tables, so it won't stretch and lose it's form when you change the browser size. Another nice thing is to align the pictures here and there along the text, so it has a bit a newspaper look. All that is pretty fast if you use dreamwaver, but if not that's pretty boring^^. Well I guess that's pretty time consuming to think each page with so much series. (That's the reason why I wanted to know php/db/css even for a small site, just put a few picture, a formated text, and generate the page, yyyhaaaaa ! )

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:39 am

oh my!!! :shock: This is awesome, very professional!

Falk - you are very very talented. I wanna see MORE ~~~!! :twisted: 8)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Falk,

That's a beautiful piece. You've got the Nagano character design style down cold! I like the additional detail; it only makes for a better piece.

I too want to see more of your work!

-Newt