Letters to santa!

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Shadowbrooke

Letters to santa!

Post by Shadowbrooke » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:18 am

Dear santa...I want to see a MMORPG based on EVE-online but set in the FSS universe instead. Anyone who has played EVE and have any knowlege of FSS will emidiately see the potential in cruising around in your spaceship looking for better MH parts, Fatimas, inplants, money, blue prints, dragon artefacts, rare metals ect. Meanwhile you have "X" number of systems with inhabital worlds where you can land and hash it out with other geeks on-line...no sharding offcourse! If that does not suit your fancy you can alway endulge in the agent missions for the political party of choice, improve your fighting techniques, boost your skills and your teams cooperation during MH battles...so on and so forth.

Well, it was worth a try...right...?

Shadowbrooke

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:36 am

Have you been a good boy lately? :twisted:

I haven't played EVE online, but I'd love the idea of FSS-online. Or something similar. :? I'd like to find out more about EVE. Do u play it and is it fun? :?:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:54 pm

I will give you my quick tutorial to EVE-online but if you want to know more go to the website!

You completely design your character and it's features, physical as well as mental and emotional. Don't worry about looking like everybody else, there's more options than there are peeps on Earth so you are safe! You log in to the game as your new character, on the same server as everyone else I might add cause there is no sharding, and do what ever you want in a fictional galaxy. This is the best part, you pick what ever you want to do in this game.

There is no such thing as being a barbarian or bard, good guy or bad guy, you do what EVER you want.

I have seen pirates, scientists, bankers, smugglers, archeologists, pilots, stock brokers, explorers, bounty hunters, agents, industrial spies, miners, engineers, corporate executives, loan sharks...all first hand! Basically you just get into your ship and head out in to a galaxy big enough it would take you (the gamer, not the character) roughly 80 years in REAL time to see it all!

This game is H U G E ! ! !

Due to wormholes, warpgates and FTL travel you do not have to sit around in your spaceship for 3 weeks just to get to the adjecent system, you can if you really want to though - just use regular rockets!

I can not stress enough how good this game is and I have tried just about every single space based action and/or strategy game there is on the European and US market. The closest I can think of is the Home World series and it's interface, this game is lightyears ( :D ) ahead of HW though in gameplay and graphics. Check it out and judge for your selves but be warned, it has the same adictive nature as all the good MMOG's so...plan on making some chages to your scocial calendar.

Shadowbrooke

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:59 pm

Hmm, from what I saw, there's no option to step out of the spaceship huh?

It looks interesting, the graphics are awesome, the game world is HUGE~! It looks kinda similar to the other "spaceship commander" type of games that I've played, but of coz this is a MMOG.

Have u played the BattleCruiser series? The player can play as a battleship commander, figher pilot, tank commander, and even down to an individual! I think the idea is awesome, and there is a MMO project of the title being done right now.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:29 pm

You are right, as of right now you can not play in first or third person in EVE-online. That is what I want changed in the new FSS-release of the game, as soon as I have the $20.000.000 or so it would cost to make my FSS-MMOGRPG :wink:

I figured that you could customize your character, your Fatima, your Mortar Headd and of course your ship by doing missions for the different factions in the game. Just think of it as the regular "exploring and kicking butt while discovering new items and leveling your character" type stuff we all have seen before, all of it with a FSS twist though! Another option would be to fight and win items/loot the oposing force as well as going down the proverbial "gun-for-hire" route. To expand from the normal class based MMOG's I would want to keep the character flexibility of EVE, thus you would not have to choose if you wanted to be a Headliner, scientist, political leader or what ever your hart may desire. As players join on-line they can choose to accompany any of the allready existing major factions from the manga or they can create/join player created factions, ever wanted a floating island of your own? If your faction is strong enough and has the leadership to pull it off it could even be possible to run your own moon/plantet maybe? As the game goes on the major factions from the manga wage war against each other in a on going struggle that is the back bone of the game following the storyline. This way it is possible to have the players actually determine the outcome of the next battle in the manga as well, this always seem like a popular way to go. This would obviously be controlled by the owners/creators to prevent the story to spinn completely out of control: "Hmmm, who would have though that the Mirage Knights would win again...and again, and again, and again...sigh!" You get the idea :roll:
Well, I have contacted Holmfridur Gunnarsdottir at CCP Games and he has asked me to make a short draft of the FSS-universe and give him the contact names from the publishers and such. Basically what they want to know is what I like about it, what I don't like about it, what I would want to see in such a game, what I would not want to see in such a game...just basic stuff really. Anyone wanting to help me in this endevor feel free to IM me!

Have a good one and please don't start any dumb rumors. This is just one gamer(me) giving a customer feedback to the developers(CCP) about a existing idea(FSS) that would make a cool game...OK?

Shadowbrooke

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:29 pm

not a fan of RPGs myself (too long and complicated and whatnot), i think it would be cool to see a FSS action game (a la armored core) where you are a freelance Headdliner (maybe the Black Knight, eh?) and go around kicking ass and taking mortarr headd names.