KOG V3-Tani

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

KOG V3-Tani

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:01 am

Want to see how 340 parts add up to Tani's KOG?

Crazy!

http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/kaiyodo_HB/OS_ ... index.html

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:52 pm

this is not like the VOlks ver., in which we have internal skeleton parts. So for design and time spent, volks spent more time on it than Tani does.

And I don't think tani is good w/ KOG. Tani's work is more geared towards kits that are skinny, not the big bulky MH.

So if I have to pick btwn. his KOG Ver 3 vs. Volks, I'll pick Volks any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:15 am

I still think that's way too many parts, but that's just me here....

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:24 am

But it is kinda cool that the guy is crazy enough to go that route.

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:31 am

The number of parts is mad. Almost like an IP kit...
I honestly don't see how that many pieces would be neccessary with a resin but i guess i wldnt know till i owned the kit ( which wont ever happen :P)

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:15 am

No doubt, his way of showing that he's still God.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:57 am

Well god may be shooting himself in the foot.

Spectacular as the model is in its parts breakdown, I think it's just overkill and horrendously-expensive. If you stop & think about it, once the kit is built, 70% of the details on those parts will be hidden from view, and on a 1/144 MH, it's already very small.

Looking at it with my "business hat" on, it's waaaay too pricy for the end product, and Kaiyodo might end up taking it on the chin sales-wise. Especially when you stop & realise that you can get two really, REALLY nice 1/100 kits that are just as jaw-dropping when built for the price of but one 1/144 kit.

Tani is a great sculptor, but he's got to get out of these oddball-scale stupidity projects and hone his talent where he can showcase it best, and where it can best work for him: 1/100 MH kits. All his other sculpts have just been orphans.
John F. Moscato

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:32 am

I think the point is that this kit is done with the same level of self indulgence that Nagano engages in with the FSS itself. The kit wasn't made to make a buck as much as to make a point. I look at it as a kind of performance art type of thing.

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:53 pm

So i guess Kaiyodo got the FSS license back?
Itll be interesting to see how well this kit sells actually, somehow i doubt it would make a feasible recast and with what John says about the gk industry in Japan right now maybe this might be the final nail? Or maybe even its swan song? Haha, i hope not, in both cases.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:21 am

I don't think that there is a consern about the sales. The price proves that point.

But really... does the recast industry need to put out another KOG?

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:29 pm

I would get the kit, if I had the money to waste. It just looks tremendously... fun. Tedious to build also, perhaps... but it still looks like quite the diverting project. True that much detail would be covered in the end, but you'd still know it's there, and that's part of the fun of these type of kits. Plus, you could take build-up photos along the way, to document your work on the inner bits before they get covered up.

But alas, I have not that kind of money to waste on a 1/144 kit, no matter how nice. I'll have to content myself with looking at pictures... be interesting to see if any build-ups of this show up on various FSS modeling sites.