Hey, does anyone know for sure if Est appears after 3990?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tomexe

Hey, does anyone know for sure if Est appears after 3990?

Post by Tomexe » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:15 am

I was going over my books again and it occured to me that the Prologue might really be Est's death scene after all.

I had wondered about it because of the later introduction of the Vasher ego in the storyline. If that was still active, the next morning, regardless of her original feelings, she would be out looking for her master. Falling asleep like that could of been simply how her alternate programming kicked in, I thought.

But I happened to look at the Jagd Mirage data sheet about Amaterasu piloting the Orange Jagd Mirage with Est.

Now Est's programming calls for her to call the most powerful headdliner she encounters her master. If she saw Amaterasu, or perhaps Mel Rince, fight it would be instant adoption.

The thing is though, by 3990 Est is not with Amaterasu anymore.

Since he is immortal, this is not possible UNLESS somwhere along the line she is reprogrammed to get rid of her double personality. That way Amaterasu could simply free her, and present her at a debut, with the Black Knight (which Sopp would surely recover and restore if he could locate it) as a "wedding present" perhaps? (Yes he might be able do just free her at any time, but then what? Knock her out and drop her in the middle of Kastempo so she wouldn't see Amaterasu again when she woke up? Otherwise as soon as she saw Amaterasu or one of his avatars again while masterless she would lock right on to him again)

Also, by 3990 Est would be over a thousand years old! If Intercity didn't quite make it to 700, somewhere she would of had to have had a major overhaul, or been put on ice for a couple centuries, unless the later fatimas are significantly better made than the first four were.

On second thought Amaterasu could perhaps "drop her in Kastempo"- Jet the Black Dragon is fond of her. Put her to sleep, stick her in Vatshu, let Jet keep her in his care for a couple centuries like the Earth dragon apparently did for Queen?

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:03 pm

Let me point out a few things.
EST doesn't look for "the strongest" Knight to be her Master.
She seeks out Headdliners that can pilot Vatshu in Vatshu's terms.
In otherwords, she looks for someone best suited to be a "component" in the Vatshu-EST-Headdliner combination.

That's why Decors Weissmel is possibly the best candicate she could have found so far.
Decors can take a generic MH, a generic Fatima and excel.
He doesn't have a rigid form.
He adopts to whatever is thrown at him. (as noted by Nu Soard Graphite during the Black Three invasion)

When EST or Vatsher finds such a Knight, she asks her/him to be the Master of Vatshu, the Black Knight.
If the Knight refuses to accept the title, she can still remain EST while piloting other MH's.
This happened with Amaterasu_JagdMirage and Krankembeil_FlambergTemple, ColusXI_Junchoon etc.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:46 pm

This happened with Amaterasu_JagdMirage and Krankembeil_FlambergTemple, ColusXI_Junchoon etc.
Oh then she does appear after 3990, if she helps Colus VI, well that blows another one of my ideas

Hmm her program is more complex than I had thought.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:04 pm

Yes, Est will definitely help me, err I mean Colus 6 :oops: , and probably "help" as in the sense of teaching me the sword techniques, I guess. During the 4000s, many of the sword techniques are more or less lost, so someone with these skills will gain a very strong advantage over those without any skills.

This might be a spoiler, but if u've been reading the posts in this forum, u'll know that Est will follow Amaterasu (Rince?) after Decors. I suspect it would not be much longer, even before the end of Majestic Stand? Definitely much earlier than 3990, since she's already with the 5th Black Knight before 3960 (prologue). After the 5th Black Knight, her next "master", or rather partner, is Colus 6. :D
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:27 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:Yes, Est will definitely help me, err I mean Colus 6 :oops: , and probably "help" as in the sense of teaching me the sword techniques, I guess. During the 4000s, many of the sword techniques are more or less lost, so someone with these skills will gain a very strong advantage over those without any skills.

This might be a spoiler, but if u've been reading the posts in this forum, u'll know that Est will follow Amaterasu (Rince?) after Decors. I suspect it would not be much longer, even before the end of Majestic Stand? Definitely much earlier than 3990, since she's already with the 5th Black Knight before 3960 (prologue). After the 5th Black Knight, her next "master", or rather partner, is Colus 6. :D
Actually I thought I read on wax trax way back that it was Mel Rince that taught Colus VI the lost sword techniques? Course it could be both... Est being a fatima, and not one of the 3A's can only be SO good, there is more that Rince could teach so that is not neccessarily a contradiction.

Does Clotho only wake up for the ONE final joust with Atropos/Uppandora if Colus VI uses Est in Junchooon as well?

Oh, If it is Rince and not (publicly) Amatarasu, does Rince get counted as the 4th Black Knight? Or will there be a 4th Black Knight anyway, just not revealed yet?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:58 pm

The 4th Black Knight has had a name for a while, but we still don't have a face for that name.

The 4th Black Knight is Buntline Gore, or something like that.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:18 am

Tomexe wrote:Actually I thought I read on wax trax way back that it was Mel Rince that taught Colus VI the lost sword techniques? Course it could be both... Est being a fatima, and not one of the 3A's can only be SO good, there is more that Rince could teach so that is not neccessarily a contradiction.
Yeah, Rince is definitely imparting her skills to Colus 6 (Rubel), and since Est is gonna be partner of Rubel after the 5th BK, I suspect she will be teaching him sword skills too, similar to Jhon's case. And don't underestimate Est - even though she might be limited by her physical capabilities, she knows a ton of skills and teaches them to knights.

4th BK not yet in the story.

List of Est's masters:

Dimos Hirarchy > Tsuri Peidoll (BK #1) > Colus 22 > Roados Dragoon (BK #2) > Krakenbeal Mejojo > Decors Weissmel (BK #3) > Amaterasu > Lader 9 > F.U. Rogner > Bandline Gol (sp? BK #4) > Grard Sydmian (BK #5) > Colus 26

This list does not include the knights she met as Vatsher.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)